Windows 10: Regback no longer working in Win10v2004

Discus and support Regback no longer working in Win10v2004 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used to run the following command in a bat file (to back up my Registry hives) which worked just fine in Windows 10 v1909: schtasks /run /i /tn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bromberg, Aug 11, 2020.

1. bromberg Win User

Regback no longer working in Win10v2004

I used to run the following command in a bat file (to back up my Registry hives) which worked just fine in Windows 10 v1909: schtasks /run /i /tn "\Microsoft\Windows\Registry\RegIdleBackup"

However, it no longer works in v2004, even though I get a "SUCCESS" message from the command prompt after I run it:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>schtasks /run /i /tn "\Microsoft\Windows\Registry\RegIdleBackup"
    SUCCESS: Attempted to run the scheduled task "\Microsoft\Windows\Registry\RegIdleBackup".

It shouldn't be a 'write permission' error since v1909 allowed be to do this, but if it is, how do I correct that?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.
    Dan

:)

bromberg, Aug 11, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Did the regback display sizable files or 0?
    If it worked how often do you run the command?

zbook, Aug 11, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User

Hi, have you enabled Regback?
    Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10

If you enabled it in 1909, there's no guarantee it's enabled after the upgrade to 2004.

Further- as MS disabled it, there's no guarantee it can be re-enabled in 2004 as I've not yet heard of anyone doing so..

dalchina, Aug 11, 2020
  4. bromberg Win User

Dalchina:
    You hit the nail on the head! I had to recreate the DWORD in the Registry, reboot, and all is well!
    Thanks very much,
    Dan

bromberg, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Regback no longer working in Win10v2004 - Similar Threads - Regback longer working

2. Desktop no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop no longer working: Help.I was installing the latest driver for W10 21H2 on my desktop PC Which was running fine but then the power went out during the instalation.Now the PC turns on but all i get is a black screen, no win logo or manufacturer logo motherboard therefore i can't access any safe...
  3. Troubleshooter is no longer working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooter is no longer working.: Whatever kind of troubleshoot I run in the windows 11 settings, it just gives the error: An unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue.I'm not sure how I can fix this....
  4. Repair Loop No Regback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Loop No Regback: Hello on the directory C:\Windows\System32\Config\Regback there is no files the directory is like this:I accidently deleted one of the files on regedit i think thats why it caused this to happen. Is there a any way to reset regedit or re-install only Windows without deleting...
  5. Repair Loop No Regback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair Loop No Regback: Hello on the directory C:\Windows\System32\Config\Regback there is no files the directory is like this:I accidently deleted one of the files on regedit i think thats why it caused this to happen. Is there a any way to reset regedit or re-install only Windows without deleting...
  6. Repair Loop No Regback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. VB Script"automaticUpdates.DetectNow" does not work in Win10v2004?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VB Script"automaticUpdates.DetectNow" does not work in Win10v2004?: In Win10v2004 VB Script does not work for Windows Auto update. Set automaticUpdates = CreateObject"Microsoft.Update.AutoUpdate" automaticUpdates.DetectNow Before Win10v2004 this VB Script can make the Windows Update to do the Update Check.But in Win10v2004 this VB Script...
  8. Printer No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer No Longer Working: Using Windows 10, 64 Bit version I have an Epson WF-7720 Printer that has a wireless connection to my computer. Today, it stopped printing, an error message reads: "The Active Directory Domain Services is Currently Unavailable" Has this anything to do with the Windows...
  9. RegBack missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RegBack missing: in the last week I have done a fresh install of winsdows 1809 on a machine; THREE TIMES now, it works ok for a while, two days the first time, one day the second, and just finished the third one now; then on start up it goes into the blue screen repair loop, it doesn't let...
  10. Softwares are no longer working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Softwares are no longer working: Hi, I formatted my laptop some weeks ago in order to get a fresh start ,and upon loading the system with my softwares, I found out my softwares are no longer opening. Then they all have the same size 1,014 kb. Please what can be the cause of this....