Windows 10: Regd: Admin microsoft account reset on Windows 10

Discus and support Regd: Admin microsoft account reset on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I got a lenova with windows 10 in it. The user did the below thing and got her Admin account assigned to someone else microsoft account. Im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeosisWin, May 24, 2020.

1. NeosisWin Win User

Regd: Admin microsoft account reset on Windows 10

Hi,

I got a lenova with windows 10 in it.

The user did the below thing and got her Admin account assigned to someone else microsoft account.

Im using representational acct name for privacy purpose.

1. She got a new laptop and decided to create another acct as admin and convert current login to normal user

2. She logged in to her account user1which is a admin login create a new account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

3. Only problem is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is not her account, she didn't knew the name she gave was a online account.

4. User creation page didn't ask for a password at the time of creation.

5. She converted the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as administrator and Windows didnt ask to login even then.

6. She converted her current administrator acct as normal user. No questions asked again by Windows.

7. She logged out and tried to login in to admin acct and at this stage Windows asked her to key in password for *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account which she doesn't know as it is not her account.

She can use the windows as normal user and browse download etc. But unable to install any new software or upgrade her windows.

What are the options available.

Thanks in advance for your help

:)

NeosisWin, May 24, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 24, 2020
  3. Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 24, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Regd: Admin microsoft account reset on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Regd Admin microsoft

2. Resetting admin password/account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting admin password/account.: Me and a business partner are logged out of our Microsoft account post update I think and can't login. Trying to reset password as current login details are not being accepted, but requires administrator to do this. However we can't log in as administrator either. How do we...
  3. Resetting admin password/account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting admin password/account.: Me and a business partner are logged out of our Microsoft account post update I think and can't login. Trying to reset password as current login details are not being accepted, but requires administrator to do this. However we can't log in as administrator either. How do we...
  4. WDAGUtilityAccount is Admin account & password reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WDAGUtilityAccount is Admin account & password reset.: I have been attempting to help a family member with a used laptop they purchased. They reset and forgot the password and have not been able to get back in. We have attempted to go through safe mode, reset the laptop it went straight back to the login screen instead of an...
  5. Microsoft admin account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft admin account: Recently i bought this laptop dell g3 15. And when i made a new microsoft account, The administrator was gone for no reason. Can someone help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-admin-account/9a8eb415-4cb4-43a8-a284-e29650540ee8
  6. Admin account but no admin privileges-Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin account but no admin privileges-Windows 10: i have a brand new machine. no internet access this is by design. i set up an admin account and a user account following the usual general instructions. I want to check to see if I have UEFI in order to set user restrictions, but the machine says I don't have admin privileges...
  7. Need to do a reset to change microsoft admin account name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to do a reset to change microsoft admin account name: I recently purchased a new Dell laptop and had my employee prepare it for me. She made the mistake of using my microsoft account instead of creating a local account when first starting the computer. Now, I can't change my name on the admin account and can't be anonymous on...
  8. REGD : MS OFFICE REG.

in Windows 10 Customization
    REGD : MS OFFICE REG.: Dear Sir/Madam, Good afternoon Recently I company bought a new laptop that comes with Microsoft office 365. After all the laptop setup and stuff, I open office and it's asking me to sign in with a microsoft account to activate, so I sign in with my microsoft e-mail. I...
  9. microsoft account and admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft account and admin account: hello, my administrative account is synced with with my microsoft account. but i cannot get logged in though i have tried resetting my password. whwenever i try to log in at the startup windows it says the password is in correct even after i have just reset my password....
  10. Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights: The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights. The network...