Windows 10: Regedit & cmd not working

Discus and support Regedit & cmd not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I had a problem in which an app wouldn’t work without something from the Microsoft store. So I had watched a video saying to change my exefiles to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rubi_16, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Rubi_16 Win User

Regedit & cmd not working

So I had a problem in which an app wouldn’t work without something from the Microsoft store. So I had watched a video saying to change my exefiles to application. Once I did this I Reseted my computer and now everytime I try to open up an app like chrome it says this “This file does not have an app associated with it. I can not open up regedit or cmds I have tried and nothing pops up.

:)

Rubi_16, Apr 13, 2022

2. Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit

Hi,

I would highly suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in this article step by step:

CMD not working
    . Please reply if the issue still persists after this Regedit & cmd not working :).

Melik TechBuddy, Apr 13, 2022
  3. PT
    pt Win User
    regedit help

any step by step guide?
    that is like chinese to me

edit:
    i did this that you posted and deleted after and it worked:
    psexec -i -d -s c:\windows\regedit.exe

but the problem is still there *Frown Regedit & cmd not working :(

4. Regedit & cmd not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 13, 2022
Thema:

Regedit & cmd not working

1. Regedit & cmd not working - Similar Threads - Regedit cmd working

2. Regedit & cmd not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regedit & cmd not working: So I had a problem in which an app wouldn’t work without something from the Microsoft store. So I had watched a video saying to change my exefiles to application. Once I did this I Reseted my computer and now everytime I try to open up an app like chrome it says this “This...
  3. Regedit & cmd not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regedit & cmd not working: So I had a problem in which an app wouldn’t work without something from the Microsoft store. So I had watched a video saying to change my exefiles to application. Once I did this I Reseted my computer and now everytime I try to open up an app like chrome it says this “This...
  4. Regedit cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regedit cmd: Hello, im trying to add MicrosoftEdge to right click menu with cmdi type reg add HKCR\Directory\Background\Shell\Edge\command /ve /d C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Edge\Application\96.0.1054.43\msedge.exeand i got Error: Invalid Syntax.what can i do?...
  5. Regedit cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regedit cmd: Hello, im trying to add MicrosoftEdge to right click menu with cmdi type reg add HKCR\Directory\Background\Shell\Edge\command /ve /d C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Edge\Application\96.0.1054.43\msedge.exeand i got Error: Invalid Syntax.what can i do?...
  6. Regedit cmd

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. CMD, regedit blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD, regedit blocked by administrator: When i open CMD(even with administrator) It says "This app has been blocked by your system administrator", This is the same for regedit. I am using the free version of windows so without a liscense because i am not yet ready to buy a liscence. This is because the pc am i...
  8. How to repair Win10 usimg CMD only and Regedit?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to repair Win10 usimg CMD only and Regedit?: Hi. Keep in mind that CMD doesn t want to use all fumctions. SFC is allright, but DISM doesn work. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-repair-win10-usimg-cmd-only-and-regedit/ef3391cd-8f24-4d22-ac8f-ef16670c8f6a
  9. Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit: I did a very stupid thing. I tried to make windows block one application by creating registry in Policies/Explorer named RestrictRun. I did it and then I also created DisallowRun. In KEy Restrict run I added one application, but i couldnt create key for DisallowRun and...
  10. help (no taskmgr,cmd,regedit and access denied)

in Windows 10 Support
    help (no taskmgr,cmd,regedit and access denied): So recently I upgraded from 7 to 10, the thing is its already crazy buggy when it first started. so first Edge doesn't work... then after 1 hour, I gave up and restart the computer and reset my PC. Afraid of losing my stuff, I choose to keep my files. then good news Edge...