Windows 10: regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open

Discus and support regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; regedit, command prompt does not show run as administrator option and also does not open any .exe files on my windows 10 laptop.it says to look for an... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by shubs8189, Dec 26, 2019.

1. shubs8189 Win User

regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open

regedit, command prompt does not show run as administrator option and also does not open any .exe files on my windows 10 laptop.it says to look for an app in Microsoft store.

:)

shubs8189, Dec 26, 2019

2. exe files and regedit

I can't access any of my exe files or regedit. Every time I double click on a program, Windows 10 tells me to find an app to open it. When regedit came up the first time, I looked up the steps to getting my exe files to be recognized by Windows 10 and
    that didn't work. Now, I can't get regedit to work! i am so frustrated. Could somebody help me and tell me what is going on here please?

JuniorHamilton1, Dec 26, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Dec 26, 2019
  4. regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open

Exe files can only be opened by "run as administrator"

Hi,

Corrupted registry settings, some third-party products, or viruses can change the default configuration for running .exe files. To rectify the issue with opening this particular file type, we suggest that you follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click on the Start button, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to
      exefile.
    • Scroll down to go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command key.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to “%1” %*.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open

1. regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open - Similar Threads - regedit command prompt

2. Command Prompt in WinRE does not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command Prompt in WinRE does not open: I am attempting to open the Command Prompt in Advanced Options when I restart my PC in the Windows Recovery Environment. However, whenever I click the Command Prompt option, it cycles HDMI, DP, etc., then my monitor says no signal, resulting in a black screen that I have to...
  3. Command Prompt in WinRE does not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt in WinRE does not open: I am attempting to open the Command Prompt in Advanced Options when I restart my PC in the Windows Recovery Environment. However, whenever I click the Command Prompt option, it cycles HDMI, DP, etc., then my monitor says no signal, resulting in a black screen that I have to...
  4. Command Prompt in WinRE does not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does command prompt open by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does command prompt open by itself?: A while after my computer activates, command prompt opens on its own. When I'm gaming, or doing work, it just suddenly opens and sucks because it affects my work and gaming. I don't know what to do about it...
  6. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files: Hi, I am encountering a problem that the default app of .exe files has been changed.While I did some research that many of the solutions suggest that I can reset it via cmd or regedit. However, my oc doesn't let me open any of those.Everytime I choose to open regedit or cmd....
  7. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files: Hi, I am encountering a problem that the default app of .exe files has been changed.While I did some research that many of the solutions suggest that I can reset it via cmd or regedit. However, my oc doesn't let me open any of those.Everytime I choose to open regedit or cmd....
  8. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. All .exe files opening in Blender, including the command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    All .exe files opening in Blender, including the command prompt: I was using Blender for a project, and I tried opening its own file type in it, which is .blend, but it wasn't associated with that application. So I went to a .blend file's properties, and choose the app blender.exe for it to be opened in. Guess what, every program's icon...
  10. exe files and regedit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exe files and regedit: I can't access any of my exe files or regedit. Every time I double click on a program, Windows 10 tells me to find an app to open it. When regedit came up the first time, I looked up the steps to getting my exe files to be recognized by Windows 10 and that didn't work. Now, I...