Windows 10: Regedit Fix

Discus and support Regedit Fix in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In windows 11 actually i tried to change default installation location so that i have done the following steps 1. Start Registry Editor by entering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by YoItsAura, Sep 25, 2022.

1. YoItsAura Win User

Regedit Fix

In windows 11 actually i tried to change default installation location so that i have done the following steps 1. Start Registry Editor by entering “Regedit” in the search All programs.2. Locate the following:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion3. Right click on the value named ProgramFilesDir & change the default value C:\Program Files to the path you want to install all your programs in.4. Click OK and Exit.changed my disk C: to E: i didnt haven a

:)

YoItsAura, Sep 25, 2022
  2. iamTin Win User

How to fix/restore regedit to default?

Hello. I need help how to restore regedit back to its default settings.

I didn't know registry editor is very sensitive that a small change can have huge impact on my computer's functionality.

So here's what happened, I was trying to fix a different issue (can't run a specific .exe file) when I bumped into one of the suggested fix (making some small change in regedit)

So I was trying to follow step from: Can't open .EXE files in Windows 7 or Windows Vista

[*]Click the Startbutton and type regedit in the Search box
    [*]Right-click Regedit.exe in the returned list and click Run as administrator
    [*]Browse to the following registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe

[*]With .exe selected, right-click (Default) and click Modify…
    [*]Change the Value data: to exefile
    [*]Browse to and then click on the following registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile

[*]With exefileselected, right-click (Default) and click Modify…
    [*]Change the Value data: to "%1" %* (THIS IS WHERE I MADE A MISTAKE)
    [*]Browse to and then click on the following registry key:

KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open

[*]With openselected, right-click (Default) and click Modify…
    [*]Change the Value data: to "%1" %*
    [*]Close the Registry Editor and restart your PC

Now, I can't open regedit.exe or any .exe files.

I'm getting the error: Windows can't opent this file

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

iamTin, Sep 25, 2022
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 25, 2022
  4. jmcslob Win User

Regedit Fix

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Regedit Fix

1. Regedit Fix - Similar Threads - Regedit Fix

2. Hi, i have the GPSVC error and i cant open the Regedit is there a other method i can fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, i have the GPSVC error and i cant open the Regedit is there a other method i can fix it?: I cant open regedit so i cant fix my GPSVC Error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-have-the-gpsvc-error-and-i-cant-open-the/fe98d0cf-c25b-4940-aa89-4e966c5b2ff4
  3. Hi, i have the GPSVC error and i cant open the Regedit is there a other method i can fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, i have the GPSVC error and i cant open the Regedit is there a other method i can fix it?: I cant open regedit so i cant fix my GPSVC Error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-have-the-gpsvc-error-and-i-cant-open-the/fe98d0cf-c25b-4940-aa89-4e966c5b2ff4
  4. Hi, i have the GPSVC error and i cant open the Regedit is there a other method i can fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to Restore Classic Ribbon in File Manager after Windows 11 update -- regedit fix...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Restore Classic Ribbon in File Manager after Windows 11 update -- regedit fix...: After successfully using the regedit fix below, after last week's windows 11 update, I no longer see the classic ribbon. This new file manager is so dysfunctional for me that I will downgrade back to windows 10 if there is no fix. Very frustrating. Anyone know how to do...
  6. How to Restore Classic Ribbon in File Manager after Windows 11 update -- regedit fix...

How to Restore Classic Ribbon in File Manager after Windows 11 update -- regedit fix...: After successfully using the regedit fix below, after last week's windows 11 update, I no longer see the classic ribbon. This new file manager is so dysfunctional for me that I will downgrade back to windows 10 if there is no fix. Very frustrating. Anyone know how to do...
  7. Regedit Fix

Regedit Fix: In windows 11 actually i tried to change default installation location so that i have done the following steps 1. Start Registry Editor by entering “Regedit” in the search All programs.2. Locate the...
  8. Unable to open regedit or exefiles due to user error, unsure of how to fix if even possible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open regedit or exefiles due to user error, unsure of how to fix if even possible.: OK so I messed up playing with my regedit files trying to reset it back to the default settings and I believe I locked myself out completely. Asking for help here before I try to just reset my PC/windows completely from scratch. So, I was having issues opening an exe file...
  9. How to fix this unrecognized font? Recently changed my font using Regedit.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix this unrecognized font? Recently changed my font using Regedit.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CHR1ST1ANAS1A [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f0npgz/how_to_fix_this_unrecognized_font_recently/
  10. Unable to activate windows after building new pc, regedit, services, and .bat fix all do...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate windows after building new pc, regedit, services, and .bat fix all do...: So as I have researched I know that when you do significant hardware change microsoft will not recognize the new hardware, and you will need to reactivate it. Surface level I tried regedit, services disable, and the popular .bat file for such fixes, most detailed here....