Windows 10: Regedit hackers! Can you help? Hovering over file to display 'Media Created' date.

Discus and support Regedit hackers! Can you help? Hovering over file to display 'Media Created' date. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, Regedit hackers, can you assist me? I have a bunch of video files which I transferred onto a hard-drive some years ago, and I'm wanting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/f7h4ks8j44, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Regedit hackers! Can you help? Hovering over file to display 'Media Created' date.

Hi all,

Regedit hackers, can you assist me?

I have a bunch of video files which I transferred onto a hard-drive some years ago, and I'm wanting to view file Origin information quickly by hovering over each file in Explorer - specifically the 'Media Created' date.

I am able to change the "InfoTip" data in Registry Editor to show 'Date Created' information with hover, but not the 'Media Created' date. This is an issue for me, because 'Date Created' shows the date I transferred the file, but I am interested in displaying the 'Media Created' date when the video was recorded (to be clear, this information is accessed via File Properties>Details>scroll down to Origin heading to see 'Media Created' date.)

To show 'Date Created' information with Regedit, my InfoTip data looks like this:

prop:System.ItemType;System.Size;System.Media.Duration;System.DateCreated;System.OfflineAvailability

Naturally, I assumed the following would work to display 'Media Created' date:

prop:System.ItemType;System.Size;System.Media.Duration;System.MediaCreated;System.OfflineAvailability

Unfortunately the information does not display. I've tried it with a full-stop between as well ('Media.Created'), but to no avail.

What do you think? Is there specific syntax or wording I should be using which I'm unaware of? Is it even possible to display Origin data using this method?

Thanks folks - any help is much appreciated.

submitted by /u/f7h4ks8j44
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/f7h4ks8j44, Apr 7, 2020

2. file explorer shows created date not updated date.

Today, I went to Microsoft file explorer and sorted a list of files by date.

Imagine my horror when I saw that they were all old files.

In fact, the problem is that the date displayed is created date, and not updated date.

This is the first time that I have observed this - it has worked OK in the past.

GrahamDLovell, May 25, 2020
  3. Media/File Server on the cheap

Hey guys,

My PC is currently filling up and i have 4 HDDs.

I use my PC as a media server as well as a gaming rig.

What I want/need to do is build an external enclosure/rig that is cheap money wise and effective as a file/media server that is DNLA compliant. It would be nice to be able to run my Usenet through it and control it via web interface and remote connect. I would use Linux if a step by step guide is available for setting up the DNLA server and such as well.

This is my first foray into this field of PCs. Help please! ^_^

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, May 25, 2020
  4. Jacks3 Win User

Regedit hackers! Can you help? Hovering over file to display 'Media Created' date.

Display date and time on task bar without hovering cursor.

Display date and time on task bar without hovering cursor. I am on Windows 10

Jacks3, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Regedit hackers! Can you help? Hovering over file to display 'Media Created' date.

1. Regedit hackers! Can you help? Hovering over file to display 'Media Created' date. - Similar Threads - Regedit hackers help

2. Windows 10 Hovering over files in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Hovering over files in Explorer: Hey Windows 10 community. I'm looking for the ability to provide more information when you hover over a file in windows explorer. As mines currently configured default, the only thing I see as the file type the dimensions and the size. Does anyone know how to change this?I...
  3. Windows 10 Hovering over files in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Hovering over files in Explorer: Hey Windows 10 community. I'm looking for the ability to provide more information when you hover over a file in windows explorer. As mines currently configured default, the only thing I see as the file type the dimensions and the size. Does anyone know how to change this?I...
  4. Is there an app that can tag notes to a file, that can be quickly viewd by hovering over...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there an app that can tag notes to a file, that can be quickly viewd by hovering over...: Im having a very difficult time keeping track of multiple variations of audio projects. I easily loose track of projects, and cant find what i'm looking for. Even with just a few variations, it gets unmanageable for me. Being able to quickly see notes that I link to a file...
  5. Is there an app that can tag notes to a file, that can be quickly viewd by hovering over...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an app that can tag notes to a file, that can be quickly viewd by hovering over...: Im having a very difficult time keeping track of multiple variations of audio projects. I easily loose track of projects, and cant find what i'm looking for. Even with just a few variations, it gets unmanageable for me. Being able to quickly see notes that I link to a file...
  6. Is there an app that can tag notes to a file, that can be quickly viewd by hovering over...

7. Taskbar - system date and time - hover date display and click for calendar/notifications...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar - system date and time - hover date display and click for calendar/notifications...: Is there a setting somewhere that enables the system date/time behavior to be the same on all monitors? I often hover over the date/time to show the day of the week above it. I also like to click the date to show the calendar and toast notifications above the calendar. In...
  8. Taskbar - system date and time - hover date display and click for calendar/notifications...

Taskbar - system date and time - hover date display and click for calendar/notifications...: Is there a setting somewhere that enables the system date/time behavior to be the same on all monitors? I often hover over the date/time to show the day of the week above it. I also like to click the date to show the calendar and toast notifications above the calendar. In...
  9. The application icon is not immediately displayed when you hover over it in the taskbar.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The application icon is not immediately displayed when you hover over it in the taskbar.: When I hovered over the application in the taskbar, I started to notice that the application icon itself did not display the application icon for several minutes. Only Microsoft apps do not immediately display icons. I didn't notice this before. Tell me, what could this be...
  10. Hover over icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hover over icon: [ATTACH] How do i stop this from happening everytime i drag the mouse over an icon? It even stays like that even if im not hovering over it, i need to click for it to disipear....