Windows 10: Regedit issue

Discus and support Regedit issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Previously when I tried to open "Regedit", a warning notice was asking if I want to make changes...., then clicked on 'yes' and the editor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Motim, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Regedit issue

Hello,
    Previously when I tried to open "Regedit", a warning notice was asking if I want to make changes...., then clicked on 'yes' and the editor opened. Recently when I try to open the Regedit, it just opens without that warning. Is something wrong with the system ?
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Aug 15, 2017

2. Regedit

In Mac operating system we can just put laptop in sleep and use it for n number of days like that, But in windows due to regedit need to restart. Please consider developing windows XXX with less restart.

SuryaPrakash3, Aug 15, 2017
  3. REGEDIT !!

ok, was just looking for a way to reset my registry or the correct values but thanks anyway

MIAH_56007, Aug 15, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Regedit issue

If you open Regedit while logged in as an Administrator you get the UAC warning and have to click 'Yes' to continue. If you are logged in as a standard user you don't get asked. This is because as a standard user you can only edit the HKEY_CURRENT_USER keys, it's considered safe to let a user edit their own keys. An administrator can edit the whole registry.

Have you changed your account from an Administrator to a Standard User? Or are you using a different login?

Alternatively, have you changed the User Account Control settings to their minimum?

5. Spectrum Win User
    An easy way to see if you are running as the default Admin (i.e. you do not have a filtered token):

Open up PowerShell or cmd.exe (without right-clicking and running as an administrator) and enter Code: whoami /priv[/quote]
    If you have things like "SeDebugPrivilege" or "SeImpersonatePrivilege" enabled, you are logged in as the local administrator account.

To check if UAC is enabled copy the following into a powershell prompt and press enter

Code: (Get-ItemProperty "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System").EnableLUA[/quote] 1 = Enabled
    0 = Disabled

Spectrum, Aug 15, 2017
  6. Motim Win User
    Hello,
    Thanks for the answer.
    I have not changed anything, I am the only user, hopefully also administrator, as you can see on attached screenshot.
    To verify this I opened command prompt (Admin), entered "Regedit" and it opened without any question.
    So according to your answer, I guess there is nothing wrong with the system.
    Thanks

Motim, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Regedit issue

1. Regedit issue - Similar Threads - Regedit issue

2. Windows .exe file association is broken - every program including cmd, regedit, notepad,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows .exe file association is broken - every program including cmd, regedit, notepad,...: I accidentally changed my default exe file opener to Adobe Acrobat, when I ran the .exe file it appeared select an app to open this .exe file. when I run regedit, cmd, notepad and taskmgr it shows application not found how do i solve it?...
  3. Windows .exe file association is broken - every program including cmd, regedit, notepad,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows .exe file association is broken - every program including cmd, regedit, notepad,...: I accidentally changed my default exe file opener to Adobe Acrobat, when I ran the .exe file it appeared select an app to open this .exe file. when I run regedit, cmd, notepad and taskmgr it shows application not found how do i solve it?...
  4. Windows log in regedit issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows log in regedit issues.: I locked myself out of Windows 10, my 4-digit pin would not work. I needed to get to my information on the hard drive to save it before I wiped it and restarted it. I followed a YouTube video listed below and created another user and password to access the computer using the...
  5. Windows log in regedit issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows log in regedit issues.: I locked myself out of Windows 10, my 4-digit pin would not work. I needed to get to my information on the hard drive to save it before I wiped it and restarted it. I followed a YouTube video listed below and created another user and password to access the computer using the...
  6. Windows log in regedit issues.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Regedit causing webcam permissions issues?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regedit causing webcam permissions issues?: Hi, I was just wondering if its possible that editing an item using the registry editor might cause some issues with websites getting permission to use my camera? I was trying to start a video interview on LaunchPad recruits and performed the test they provide to check my...
  8. Regedit color changes issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Regedit color changes issues: Since last month i have some issues changing colors of the hot tracking and highlight text with regedit. I always changed colors via regedit and it worked since last month but now it doesnt, can anybody help me ? I use the same method as before so im changing RGB values in...
  9. [Serious issue please Help] Windows 10 Pro Shows Enterprises in Regedit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    [Serious issue please Help] Windows 10 Pro Shows Enterprises in Regedit: Please help me, when I activate Home to Pro shows Pro in settings, but in regedit it shows Enterprise how do I solve this? 1909 Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serious-issue-please-help-windows-10-pro-shows/a4cc93b4-68ae-4606-8892-8575abc27ba8"
  10. Can the hover / automatic mouse select issue be fixed for ever in RegEdit?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can the hover / automatic mouse select issue be fixed for ever in RegEdit?: The mouse cursor on my laptop computer is virtually driving me mad. I have followed heaps of posts in here to try an de-activate mine - yet none have really proven successful. Some work for a little while, but when I turn my computer off, then the issue returns when my...