Windows 10: "regedit" not showing all keys, Hidden Registry entries

Discus and support "regedit" not showing all keys, Hidden Registry entries in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just try software and Windows get broken and startup fail. By the software FAQ guide, they say to copy SYSTEM registry hive to another PC and load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SonyVG, Sep 11, 2018.

1. SonyVG Win User

"regedit" not showing all keys, Hidden Registry entries

I just try software and Windows get broken and startup fail. By the software FAQ guide, they say to copy SYSTEM registry hive to another PC and load it, then do 8 steps to remove their driver and service. On problematic machine this key wasn't visible, but on other same W10x64 and "regedit" they were visible when loaded?

Why in WindowsRE this keys are not visible? Any idea why this hidden keys exist and they can be used for malware? And if there is way to be shown in WindowsRE.

p.s. I have not tested to load copy of SYSTEM hive and load it to see if this will be visible.

:)

SonyVG, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Rooke Win User

Miscellaneous Registry entries?

W1zzard: Miscellaneous Registry entries?

For W1zzard,

*Respect :respect:

What are the registry entry names and data types for the Miscellaneous entries:

Currently selected Catalyst A.I. level, and Geometry Instancing Enabled?

I can't find anything that looks like those that are defined in that registry key, and I have to manually set them everytime I reboot my PC. *Frown "regedit" not showing all keys, Hidden Registry entries :(

It would be nice to be able to keep them set across reboots. *Smile "regedit" not showing all keys, Hidden Registry entries :)

Or are they taken care in version 0.25b11? I'm currently using 0.24.

Rooke, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Network mapping ''missing socket registry entries used for network connectivity''

Hi Hoady,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

The issue you are facing could be due to the registry entries is corrupt. Let’s try repairing registry entries and check if this helps. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R, type "regedit" and press
      Enter.

• Locate the following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

• Right click and delete the entire Winsock key and the
      Winsock2 keys.

• Close regedit.
    Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/)

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Now, try re-installing TCP/IP and check. Follow the below steps.

• Type Control on Windows search bar and select
      Control panel.

• In control panel open up, "Network and Sharing Center"

• Right click "Local Area Connection", and click on
      "Properties"

• Under the This Component Uses the Following Items dialog box, click Install

• Click on Protocol, and on click
      Add

• Click on Have Disk.

• In the Copy Manufacture's files from box, type
      C:\windows\inf and click on OK.

• In the list of protocols, click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click on
      OK.

• Now restart the computer.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 11, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

Show hidden files button is not working on Windows 10.0.14393

We appreciate your response. Since the steps above didn't work, we suggest that you edit your registry. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL
    • Make sure that Data for CheckedValue is set to
      (1). If it is set to something else, kindly edit it and set it to
      (1). Refer to the screenshot below:

"regedit" not showing all keys, Hidden Registry entries 750a216f-bc54-4c8b-8cac-9c2c23e8112c.png
    • After editing the registry, restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Regards.

John Vil, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

1. "regedit" not showing all keys, Hidden Registry entries - Similar Threads - regedit showing keys

2. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  3. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  4. Registry Entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Entry: Does anyone know what this registry entry is? When I run McAfee Quick Clean this registry entry can never be removed, is there a reason? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab}...
  5. Cannot import registry key into regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot import registry key into regedit: When i try to import .reg file into regedit it says that file is not .reg file,any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-import-registry-key-into-regedit/2607614e-56de-4287-9b37-58f70d495277
  6. registry entries

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    registry entries: ActiveX/COM Issue LocalServer32\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/registry-entries/739b6f1f-5482-41d7-98cc-c9cfc7df078c
  7. Is the registry (regedit) "live?"

in Windows 10 Support
    Is the registry (regedit) "live?": Say I have regedit open and I make some changes on my system that affect the registry. Does regedit know about those changes, or do I have to stop and restart regedit? 167611
  8. Entries in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Entries in Registry: Hello, While making some registry editing, found 17 entries named "Sign.Media". Don't know what it is, have not any program this name. Can I remove them from the registry ? Answers will be appreciated Thanks 140198
  9. Accidently deleted a registry key in Regedit

Accidently deleted a registry key in Regedit: I accidently deleted a registry key value located in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection. I was attempting to delete one that I had previously created earlier this evening for another attempted fix (AllowTelemetry). The deleted item...
  10. Registry settings in Regedit

Registry settings in Regedit: I am unable to get copyprofile to work on the Creator's version of Windows 10. I have been using registry settings to get it the way I want it. This is probably a silly request but I want to find it. Typically in my custom default profile, I open regedit to a full window...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. invisible registries regedit

2. regedit not seeing all keys