Windows 10: Regedit problems

Discus and support Regedit problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just changed the regedit permission in the editor and i somehow accidentally did something wrong, i restarted my PC and i can't open the start menu,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ther_Mite, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Ther_Mite Win User

Regedit problems

I just changed the regedit permission in the editor and i somehow accidentally did something wrong, i restarted my PC and i can't open the start menu, , file explorer(directly), notifications. I tried to open file explorer and it shoes this message "windows cannot access the specified device path or file you may not have appropriate permissions".I tried to look online for solutions but i came up empty handed. I tried going back to the regedit and changed some permission and restarted it, it doesn't work. I tried going to safe mode and make a new administrator account but when i tried to open r file explorer it shows the same message ("windows cannot access the specified device path or file you may not have appropriate permissions")

I can access file explorer, run trough task manager. I still can open software but i can't open the start menu. I have opened control panel trough cmd and it opened but i can't do anything there, i tried accessing the user thing but it shows the same message "windows cannot access the specified device path or file you may not have appropriate permissions" After that i tried using windows registry repair and I scanned it full scan>fix errors, and nothing changed.

HELP!!!!!!!

maybe it is the issue with permissions idk.

:)

Ther_Mite, Dec 7, 2019
  2. PT
    pt Win User

regedit help

any step by step guide?
    that is like chinese to me

edit:
    i did this that you posted and deleted after and it worked:
    psexec -i -d -s c:\windows\regedit.exe

but the problem is still there *Frown Regedit problems :(

3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 7, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

Regedit problems

regedit help

How about psexec -i -d -s \\192.XXX.XXX.X c:\windows\regedit.exe? *Smile Regedit problems :)
    (type in IP or network name of the laptop)

peach1971, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Regedit problems

1. Regedit problems - Similar Threads - Regedit problems

2. Big problem after changing some things in regedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Big problem after changing some things in regedit: I have one big problem. 2 days ago I installed corel draw x3on my windows 10 laptop, the installation of corel draw x3 caused that the windows start button does not work, I tried to find a solution to this problem on the Internet, I followed the instructions from this clip:...
  3. Big problem after changing some things in regedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big problem after changing some things in regedit: I have one big problem. 2 days ago I installed corel draw x3on my windows 10 laptop, the installation of corel draw x3 caused that the windows start button does not work, I tried to find a solution to this problem on the Internet, I followed the instructions from this clip:...
  4. Big problem after changing some things in regedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. please help i can't open any .exe files its open regedit how to resolve this problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please help i can't open any .exe files its open regedit how to resolve this problem: please help i can't open any .exe files its open regedit how to resolve this problem can't control default program any windows setting open regedit application please help...
  6. please help i can't open any .exe files its open regedit how to resolve this problem

please help i can't open any .exe files its open regedit how to resolve this problem: please help i can't open any .exe files its open regedit how to resolve this problem can't control default program any windows setting open regedit application please help...
  7. regedit graphic card name change problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regedit graphic card name change problem: I can change my graphics card name from the regedit records, but I have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.How should I make the change without having to restart the computer?What I want is that when I change my graphics card name from regedit and check...
  8. regedit graphic card name change problem

regedit graphic card name change problem: I can change my graphics card name from the regedit records, but I have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.How should I make the change without having to restart the computer?What I want is that when I change my graphics card name from regedit and check...
  9. regedit graphic card name change problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Potential problems after ProfileImagePath edit on regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Potential problems after ProfileImagePath edit on regedit: Hi, I tried changing the name of my user folder and edited the ProfileImagePath value on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList in regedit. Immediately upon doing so, the Start menu became really slow and the search wouldn't work. After...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. exe registry edit problem windows10