Windows 10: RegEdit ProfileList is missing - Can't delete user profile completely

Discus and support RegEdit ProfileList is missing - Can't delete user profile completely in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I recently deleted an unused profile on my machine through the control panel. This profile was taking up a lot of unnecessary space, so it had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Guarino.sgg, Mar 7, 2021.

1. RegEdit ProfileList is missing - Can't delete user profile completely

Hello!

I recently deleted an unused profile on my machine through the control panel. This profile was taking up a lot of unnecessary space, so it had to go! Well, the profile was deleted and then... the folder stuck around under the Users directory, taking up all that space. I tried to delete it and was told I couldn't.

Everything I'm seeing online says i can delete it from the RegEdit screen under the ProfileList folder... however when I navigate there, there IS no ProfileList folder. Mine isn't there. In addition, any other place where profiles are listed DOESN'T show the deleted profile so I can't delete it through System Props either.... they all say it's gone when it's clearly not.

Why is my ProfileList folder gone under RegEdit? How do I delete this folder from my machine?

:)

Guarino.sgg, Mar 7, 2021
  2. TakeCVI Win User

Profilelist missing in regedit

When i want to use my laptop, i cant login into my laptop then this happen :

The user profile service failed the sign-in
    User profile cannot be loaded

And then my friend told me to edit "profilelist" in regedit, but there's nothing in my "profilelist"

How to fix it?

TakeCVI, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Folder in ProfileList deleted unkowingly

Hi,

I own a home PC with windows 10 and log in regularly as admin. I have deleted my user profile folder in the ProfileList via REGEDIT. All the data stored (photos and videos) are deleted. Is there a way to recover my deleted files. If so, kindly request you
    to let me know the procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srini.

Srinivas ChakravarthyMudiganti, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Vijay03 Win User

RegEdit ProfileList is missing - Can't delete user profile completely

Deleted profile list and subfolders from regedit windows 10

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

This is the folder " profile list which i deleted

Vijay03, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

RegEdit ProfileList is missing - Can't delete user profile completely

1. RegEdit ProfileList is missing - Can't delete user profile completely - Similar Threads - RegEdit ProfileList missing

2. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  3. User profile is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile is missing: The main user profile is missing. How do i access it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-is-missing/642d580b-11b7-41d9-8986-3429d4cb1e4e
  4. User profile is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile is missing: The main user profile is missing. How do i access it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-is-missing/642d580b-11b7-41d9-8986-3429d4cb1e4e
  5. Delete User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  6. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  7. .bak profile deleted using the regedit

.bak profile deleted using the regedit: hello..need help here.. i've deleted my .bak profile using the regedit..i thot it was the profile w/ error..leaving the temporary profile & using it now as the main profile..i can't system restore nor create one..what will i do..cant access the files of my computer. can i...
  8. Deleted User in regedit

Deleted User in regedit: So yesterday my pc shut down randomly It think it was a blue screen of death or something like that and today when I loaded up I got into a temp user. It wasn't my first time,I had fixed it before. But instead of deleting the right user in regedit I deleted the one with...
  9. Profilelist missing in regedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Profilelist missing in regedit: When i want to use my laptop, i cant login into my laptop then this happen : The user profile service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be loaded And then my friend told me to edit "profilelist" in regedit, but there's nothing in my "profilelist" How to fix it?...
  10. can't delete old user profiles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can't delete old user profiles: help please i cant delete the old profile name in user/ folder microsoft tech support ruined it 85151