Windows 10: [RegEx] [Notepad++] Delete all similar 1st 3 characters string lines

Discus and support [RegEx] [Notepad++] Delete all similar 1st 3 characters string lines in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello guys! I am trying to delete lines with similar first 3 characters using RegEx I figured out this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by addas, Mar 7, 2019.

1. addas Win User

[RegEx] [Notepad++] Delete all similar 1st 3 characters string lines

Hello guys!

I am trying to delete lines with similar first 3 characters using RegEx

I figured out this:

((?<=\n)|^)([^\n]{3})([^\n]\n)(.\n)?\2[^\n]*($|\n)

However, it marks only 1 duplicate.

How to let it mark all the other duplicates?

Can somebody please fix the RegEx?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

:)

addas, Mar 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, Mar 7, 2019
  3. howeshou Win User
    Notepad in Windows 10 doesn't display Chinese character

Hello everyone!

The Notepad in my Surface Pro 3 using Windows 10 doesn't display Chinese characters correctly, it shows strings of strange characters instead of Chinese. I would appreciate very much if anyone could help me solve this problem.

Regards,

Howe

howeshou, Mar 7, 2019
  4. [RegEx] [Notepad++] Delete all similar 1st 3 characters string lines

Deleting Lines in a Text File Given Strings From Another File Using Set-String (Powershell)

Basically what's happening is that I have two files, one with a list of allowed users and another list of users that are actually on the desktop. What I'm trying to do is use a for loop to grab each name in the AllowedUsers.txt file, and use Select-String
    to find any names that match and delete them from the original Users.txt (with the list of users actually on the desktop). The end goal is to have a list of users that aren't allowed on the desktop left in the Users.txt file, where I can then for loop through
    once again and simply delete those users through command line.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to get this to work as I don't fully grasp how Select-String or for loops work, but any help writing the script would be greatly appreciated.

BassoftheC, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

[RegEx] [Notepad++] Delete all similar 1st 3 characters string lines

1. [RegEx] [Notepad++] Delete all similar 1st 3 characters string lines - Similar Threads - RegEx Notepad++ Delete

2. Cannot type alt characters into Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type alt characters into Notepad: Since you changed Notepad on us to v. 11.2112.32.0, I can no longer type alt characters those where you hold down the alt key and use the numeric keypad, such as –, —, é, à. Seems to be a really major omission to disallow basic, common characters like that. How can we enter...
  3. Cannot type alt characters into Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot type alt characters into Notepad: Since you changed Notepad on us to v. 11.2112.32.0, I can no longer type alt characters those where you hold down the alt key and use the numeric keypad, such as –, —, é, à. Seems to be a really major omission to disallow basic, common characters like that. How can we enter...
  4. Something similar to NOTEPAD

Something similar to NOTEPAD: I would like to have something similar to Notepad, but with more features like sort and find. At one time I used Notepad++ and it did everything I want, but for some reason I get an error when I try to run it now. I have Wordpad and it is sort of good, but but has no sort...
  5. Private characters line spacing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Private characters line spacing: Hello! I'm using private character editor built-in Windows known also as EUDCEDIT. I see that all private characters have different line spacing than standard characters. Top of private character is partly not visible, if, only in higher font size and aligned to other...
  6. Insert a new line character in a text file with a with the find/replace in notepad

Insert a new line character in a text file with a with the find/replace in notepad: I am trying to insert a new line character in a text file with NotePads Find/Replace menu item in windows 10. Can anyone give any help with this? Thanks for your time, Garry...
  7. Deleting Lines in a Text File Given Strings From Another File Using Set-String (Powershell)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting Lines in a Text File Given Strings From Another File Using Set-String (Powershell): Basically what's happening is that I have two files, one with a list of allowed users and another list of users that are actually on the desktop. What I'm trying to do is use a for loop to grab each name in the AllowedUsers.txt file, and use Select-String to find any names...
  8. Unreadable non-ANSI characters in Notepad

Unreadable non-ANSI characters in Notepad: The problem: People living in countries, with languages including non-ANSI characters and want a full English Windows environment. If the user sets the System locale (Language for non-Unicode programs) to the country they live in, then many apps will check this setting and...
  9. CE character encoding in Notepad

CE character encoding in Notepad: I hate Windows feature that enforces installing localized software - e.g. I live in Poland so if I set my location as "Poland" many apps will be installed with Polish interface, which I don't want to. Therefore I've installed my OS in en-US version and left US as my...
  10. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad: Have you tried wordpad? Yes he did (HERE)