Windows 10: Region and Language showing blank screen after update

Discus and support Region and Language showing blank screen after update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sir, My laptop windows 10 got new update yesterday and after update my previous keyboard ( English-US) settings got deleted and replaced with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArkaBasu, Aug 20, 2018.

1. ArkaBasu Win User

Region and Language showing blank screen after update

Sir,

My laptop windows 10 got new update yesterday and after update my previous keyboard ( English-US) settings got deleted and replaced with English-UK. But when I am trying to open Region and Language settings from settings menu, it is showing blank screen with no options.

How to fix this issue?

Is there any other option to change my keyboard settings currently?

Thanks,

Arka Basu

:)

ArkaBasu, Aug 20, 2018

2. Resetting language and regions

Hi Dee,

The option to reset the language and region can either be done in the Control Panel or the Settings app. Since you are having issues with the reset option, we would like to ask for additional information to help us provide the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 is your PC running on?
    • Did you get an error after resetting the language and region?
    • In which language and region are you trying to reset it to?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 20, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Region and Language showing blank screen after update

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Region and Language showing blank screen after update

1. Region and Language showing blank screen after update - Similar Threads - Region Language showing

2. Cortana Regions And Languages

in Cortana
    Cortana Regions And Languages: Cortana is not working again. It says 'Cortana isn't available In your region' Please tell all the available regions. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-regions-and-languages/65d4c67b-5d92-4347-b44e-fbc84d40064d
  3. Region and Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Region and Language: I have added a wrong region, how to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-and-language/5671547b-e950-4c77-b2af-554944ba5676
  4. Blank screen after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen after update.: [IMG] Help! My computer will not even let me log in...I hit okay and now it is on a blank screen. Before this I could not access any files on my computer. What is going on? :(...
  5. Region and language

Region and language: I want to change my language to English, however when I go to the Region and Language section nothing appears what can i do to fix this? Here is a screenshot to see what happens [ATTACH]...
  6. Region & Language

Region & Language: Why doesn't Region & Language show up? It has been about this for 3 months. I updated and restarted the computer many times. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-language/c7470674-2f84-44b1-a4f8-73b6f19df89b
  7. Region and language screen blank

Region and language screen blank: After I make a clean format for the PC I wanted to remove 1 of the keyboard languages I got on my windows 10. But when I go to Control Panel/System Settings I got nothing to see there and can't make any changes, before some updates I think I was able to make everything I...
  8. region and language windows 10 blank

region and language windows 10 blank: region and language windows 10 is blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/region-and-language-windows-10-blank/3e76e5e6-490c-4a15-b5c7-91f57ee3f4e5
  9. Region & language blank

Region & language blank: Today I found something wrong with my new system, the region & language setting page totally blank. I tried a lots of settings even login to safe mode, but still same. That makes me no chance to setup language and can't download any other languages. I don't know what to do...
  10. blank screens after update.

blank screens after update.: after the last windows update i can no longer see some windows. the problem windows appears as a bank white canvas. This was happening with Visual studio but i was able to fix with making some aplication adjustments but it happens with general windows like the VSIX installer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. region and language setting blank after update

2. region and language settings not showing

3. Region and Language showing blank screen

4. Region and Language showing blank screen after update,
  5. region and language screen blank in windows 10 1803