Windows 10: Region settings: Unable to set default language!

Discus and support Region settings: Unable to set default language! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I get this error when setting my Region settings to English/Netherlands and restart Windows 10. Error : "Unable to set default language !" When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kvenl, Nov 10, 2018.

1. kvenl Win User

Region settings: Unable to set default language!

Hi,

I get this error when setting my Region settings to English/Netherlands and restart Windows 10.

Error : "Unable to set default language !"

When I put it back to English/US then all is ok.

How can I get my Regio settings to English/Netherlands, which Windows itself gives it as a choice (!?)

Thank

Regards

Kees

Region settings: Unable to set default language! [​IMG]

:)

kvenl, Nov 10, 2018

2. Unable to set default language to English

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to change the default language to English. I will be glad to assist you with this.

If you haven't tried the steps below, please try and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click on "Time and Language".

3. Click on "Region and Language" on the left pane.

4. From the drop down list, choose the appropriate country for receiving localized content.

5. Under "language" click on English and click on "set as default".

6. If "English" is not available, you can click on "add language" and select the language.

7. Click on "set as default".

8. Once that is set, you can click on the other languages and choose to remove it.

9. Click on "additional date, time and regional settings".

10. Under "region" click on "change location" and make sure the home

location is set correctly.

11. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Do let us know if this works. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Unable to set keyboard language as default differently from Windows 10 language

Hello,

You can configure your keyboard language by adding it on the default language set on the system. For instructions, follow these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Open Time & language.
    • Select Region & language.
    • Click on the default language, and click Options.
    • Select Add a keyboard, and select the language that you want to add.

We'll wait for the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Ernie San Win User

Outlook Mail language settings - avoiding region default

Hello,

Yes, it's possible to set a different language on your Outlook app without changing your regional settings.

To change the language of your Outlook, we suggest to follow this steps
    here

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Region settings: Unable to set default language! - Similar Threads - Region settings Unable

2. Unable to Select Simplified Chinese in "Language and Region" Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Select Simplified Chinese in "Language and Region" Settings: Hi, everyone,I'm experiencing an issue with my "Language and Region" settings on my Microsoft device. I am unable to select "Simplified Chinese" as an option in "Add a language" because it appears to be grayed out. I've tried the solutions provided in Cannot select simplified...
  3. Unable to Select Simplified Chinese in "Language and Region" Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Select Simplified Chinese in "Language and Region" Settings: Hi, everyone,I'm experiencing an issue with my "Language and Region" settings on my Microsoft device. I am unable to select "Simplified Chinese" as an option in "Add a language" because it appears to be grayed out. I've tried the solutions provided in Cannot select simplified...
  4. Language/Region Settings not affecting everywhere.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language/Region Settings not affecting everywhere.: I bought an XP Spectre Laptop in Japan. When the first install happened there was no initial option to switch language, so I did the install in Japanese. Since then I have switched the language and region to UK. But there are still some things showing in Japanese. If I search...
  5. Region settings

Region settings: Dear All, I have a problem with region setting. I need to customize date format for two different languages. I would like that both english US and spanish Spain short date formats are dd-MMM-yyyy. I change english without problem, then I switch to spanish and change it...
  6. Region settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Region settings: Has the 2004 edition of win 10 pro have different Region setting to the 1909 win 10 edition because I have a program that keeps asking to adjust the reign settings to allow it to work . After changing all different settings i still get the fault. The program...
  7. Somewhere the Dutch language/regional setting is hiding

Somewhere the Dutch language/regional setting is hiding: I just installed Windows 10. New install. I remember setting the the Region to the Netherlands, because I'm used to € and separating digits with a comma instead of a period. All other language and regional settings are set to United States. However, all my browsers now...
  8. Regional settings vs display language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Regional settings vs display language: Hi there, I am so tired of Windows and the way language, proofing, keyboard, display language etc is just one huge pile of manure. What settings do I need to click to get this?: Display language: English Formatting (time, currency etc): danish Spelling and proofing...
  9. Region and Language Settings - XML documentation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Region and Language Settings - XML documentation: Hi I'm looking for a full explanation/description of the XML commands to customize my regional settings. See below: <gs:UserLocale> <gs:Locale Name="en-UK" SetAsCurrent="true" ResetAllSettings="true"> <gs:Win32> <gs:iCalendarType>1</gs:iCalendarType>...
  10. Region and Language Settings - Copy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Region and Language Settings - Copy in Windows 10: How to: Region and Language Settings - Copy in Windows 10 How to Copy Region and Language Settings to Welcome Screen and New User Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Note After Windows is installed, its main language is the language of the install media used. If no...