Windows 10: Region settings

Discus and support Region settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear All, I have a problem with region setting. I need to customize date format for two different languages. I would like that both english US and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DrPeacock, Nov 18, 2020.

1. DrPeacock Win User

Region settings

Dear All,

I have a problem with region setting.

I need to customize date format for two different languages.

I would like that both english US and spanish Spain short date formats are dd-MMM-yyyy.

I change english without problem, then I switch to spanish and change it as well.

The problem is that when I switch back to english it goes back to default setting M/d/yyyy.

Any solution?

Thanks

:)

DrPeacock, Nov 18, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 18, 2020
  3. zvit Win User
    Google Region settings in Chrome keep reverting back to Current Region

For years I have used the same search settings in Google. 1: Display 30 results per page and 2: region should be the USA (even though I now live in Israel.)

I use Google Chrome and have the latest version. Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)

For the past few days, after a few visits to my home page (google.com) The settings revert back to ISRAEL as the region. I keep putting it back to the USA but after a few minutes of browsing, it keeps going back to Israel.

On other browsers (FF, Opera, etc) this does not happen.
    Meaning, when I go to search settings\region, in Chrome it will be set to my current region and in other browsers, it will be set to the USA.

This itself is confusing because I would think that the changes made to the Google account settings should be global and not browser cookie-based.

These are the things I have already tried and did not work:

1. Logging out of all other locations and logging back in.
    2. Using this url: Google
    3. Clearing all history, cookies, etc.
    4. Allowing Google cookies.
    5. Location is disabled in my Google account settings.
    6. No one else is using my Google account.
    7. No other apps are changing this setting.

I spent hours searching this issue on Google forums, but no one gave any more suggestions as to what’s causing this and why it only started happening a few days ago.

What else could be causing this and what can I do?

Region settings [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Note: After changing the region to the USA, it will stay like that even after clearing the cache and refreshing the page a few times. But if I visit Google.com after about 10 minutes, that's when it reverts back to the current region.

So it seems that any region cookie that's being saved is on a timer or something.

4. Arul_D Win User

Region settings

Cortana not recognising UK region setting

Hi Laurence,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that as of now Cortana is only available for U.S.-English. Though search will work in all languages.

I suggest you to change the Language and Region to English (United States), United States to explore Cortana.

You may follow below steps to perform the same.

• Press windows key + x
    • Open Control Panel.
    • If you’re in the standard view, open Clock, Language, and Region and then click Region.
    • In Region change the following settings:
      • Go to Formats tab and set format as English (United States).
      • Go to Location tab and set Home Location as United States.
      • Go to Administrative tab and set Current System Locale to English (United States).
    4. In Clock, Language, and Region, click Languages and make sure English (United States) is set as your primary language. If you don’t have the language install, click on Add a language, search for English (United States), install
    it, and set it as your primary.

5. Re-boot your computer and you should now be able to use Cortana outside of the US.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Arul_D, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Region settings

1. Region settings - Similar Threads - Region settings

2. Store location based on Windows regional setting => Expats can never buy anything in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store location based on Windows regional setting => Expats can never buy anything in the...: My Windows regional setting is set to a different country to the place where I live. Trying to buy something in the Windows Store, the country and postcode are fixed to my Windows setting.How can I ever buy anything?...
  3. Store location based on Windows regional setting => Expats can never buy anything in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store location based on Windows regional setting => Expats can never buy anything in the...: My Windows regional setting is set to a different country to the place where I live. Trying to buy something in the Windows Store, the country and postcode are fixed to my Windows setting.How can I ever buy anything?...
  4. In the language & region settings, why do we have "English Madagascar"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the language & region settings, why do we have "English Madagascar": In the language & region settings, an option for "English Madagascar" is available.This surprises me because the only 2 official languages in Madagascar are Malagasy and French, and English is not widely spoken.Why does this setting exists?...
  5. In the language & region settings, why do we have "English Madagascar"

In the language & region settings, why do we have "English Madagascar": In the language & region settings, an option for "English Madagascar" is available.This surprises me because the only 2 official languages in Madagascar are Malagasy and French, and English is not widely spoken.Why does this setting exists?...
  6. MSEdgeRedirect's Europe Mode sets your Windows region to Europe

in Windows 10 News
    MSEdgeRedirect's Europe Mode sets your Windows region to Europe: In the coming months, Windows users from many European countries will be allowed to remove Microsoft Edge, Bing Search and other features of the operating system natively. Microsoft announced the change in November 2023 as a response to the European Digital Markets Act....
  7. Unable to Select Simplified Chinese in "Language and Region" Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Select Simplified Chinese in "Language and Region" Settings: Hi, everyone,I'm experiencing an issue with my "Language and Region" settings on my Microsoft device. I am unable to select "Simplified Chinese" as an option in "Add a language" because it appears to be grayed out. I've tried the solutions provided in Cannot select simplified...
  8. Unable to Select Simplified Chinese in "Language and Region" Settings

Unable to Select Simplified Chinese in "Language and Region" Settings: Hi, everyone,I'm experiencing an issue with my "Language and Region" settings on my Microsoft device. I am unable to select "Simplified Chinese" as an option in "Add a language" because it appears to be grayed out. I've tried the solutions provided in Cannot select simplified...
  9. How to deal with greyed out Country-Region setting in Billing Address dialogue [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to deal with greyed out Country-Region setting in Billing Address dialogue [Windows 11]: I have a newly-refurbished Windows 11 laptop. After installing updates and restarting, there were a number of dialogues, including my Billing Address. I'm not able to complete it, because the Country-Region setting is greyed out and set for the U-S. I'm in Canada. Tried...
  10. How to deal with greyed out Country-Region setting in Billing Address dialogue [Windows 11]

How to deal with greyed out Country-Region setting in Billing Address dialogue [Windows 11]: I have a newly-refurbished Windows 11 laptop. After installing updates and restarting, there were a number of dialogues, including my Billing Address. I'm not able to complete it, because the Country-Region setting is greyed out and set for the U-S. I'm in Canada. Tried...