Windows 10: Regional and Language, cannot download handwriting

Discus and support Regional and Language, cannot download handwriting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason, everytime I try to download the handwriting for English (US) it fails with an error. I am on Windows 10 32bit Creators Update. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zanxion, Sep 20, 2017.

1. zanxion Win User

Regional and Language, cannot download handwriting

For some reason, everytime I try to download the handwriting for English (US) it fails with an error. I am on Windows 10 32bit Creators Update. Can this be solved?

:)

zanxion, Sep 20, 2017

2. in the settings ,time and language,speech it is not showing any other language or options other then english(U.K.).what to do?

Adding a language probably English(India)(for us) should also download the speech pack.You cannot download a separate speech pack.

A Language pack contains speech pack,Language pack and Handwriting options.

Speech pack is needed for applications like Cortana to work.

Navigate to region and Language>add a language pack.More details on the tutorial.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 20, 2017
  3. SteveFJP Win User
    Windows 10 handwriting input panel not working

Since the fall 2017 feature upgrade I have had a similar problem.

It appears that the handwriting software is linked to the language selected, but the handwriting input is linked to the actual keyboard being used. Unfortunately, not all keyboards have an associated handwriting keyboard. For example, I use the UK Extended
    keyboard, for which there is no handwriting touch keyboard, but for the standard UK keyboard there is one. All this is made more confusing because you use the Regional settings to change keyboard options, but the Type settings to train the handwriting.

So, with the keyboard set to UK Extended I cannot use handwriting input, even if the language of the machine is set to US English or French.

If I change to using the UK keyboard, all languages get back their handwriting input. You can add keyboards from the Regional settings option.

I can select the keyboard from the system tray(click on the language). Set the keyboard to one that supports handwriting, and the settings on the touch keyboard include one for handwriting input.

So - select a keyboard that supports handwriting, and then the option appears on the touch keyboard.

SteveFJP, Sep 20, 2017
Thema:

Regional and Language, cannot download handwriting

1. Regional and Language, cannot download handwriting - Similar Threads - Regional Language cannot

2. region and language missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    region and language missing: i reinstalled my windows 10 version lately and now i need to remove some of the extra languages. they are there on the meny but they are not shown among the installed languages so i cannot delete them, i was told to check the "language and region" settings but there are none....
  3. Windows 10 cannot update language/region

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 cannot update language/region: I have recently brought a HP computer from China and is unable to change the language that it uses. I wanted to switch from chinese to english, but cannot make it work. I do not have a second computer and neither do i have the product key, so is there any other solution that...
  4. No Handwriting in Language Experience pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Handwriting in Language Experience pack: The goal is installing complete Japanese support on offline Windows 10 workstation. Since langiage packages changed to appx format, I downloaded the appropriate "Local Experience Package" from: STORE: technically, using adguard sniffing service, but it does not change...
  5. Cortana Regions And Languages

in Cortana
    Cortana Regions And Languages: Cortana is not working again. It says 'Cortana isn't available In your region' Please tell all the available regions. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-regions-and-languages/65d4c67b-5d92-4347-b44e-fbc84d40064d
  6. Edge language/region

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge language/region: So I've changed from Chrome to Edge recently. It's all nice and have no problem with transition but there's one thing that annoys the $hit out of me. Why doesn't Edge stick to the language/region settings of my system? It keeps changing to 'local' language and region...
  7. Region and Language

Region and Language: I have added a wrong region, how to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-and-language/5671547b-e950-4c77-b2af-554944ba5676
  8. Region and language

Region and language: I want to change my language to English, however when I go to the Region and Language section nothing appears what can i do to fix this? Here is a screenshot to see what happens [ATTACH]...
  9. Region & Language

Region & Language: Why doesn't Region & Language show up? It has been about this for 3 months. I updated and restarted the computer many times. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-language/c7470674-2f84-44b1-a4f8-73b6f19df89b
  10. Region & language blank

Region & language blank: Today I found something wrong with my new system, the region & language setting page totally blank. I tried a lots of settings even login to safe mode, but still same. That makes me no chance to setup language and can't download any other languages. I don't know what to do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uk language pack not loading handwriting 1903

2. cannot download handwriting