Windows 10: Regional Format vs. Input Languages

Discus and support Regional Format vs. Input Languages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem with the regional format feature in Windows 10: Since I want dates to appear in dd/mm/yyyy format, I went to the regional format... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by g_raveh, Sep 15, 2020.

1. g_raveh Win User

Regional Format vs. Input Languages

I have a problem with the regional format feature in Windows 10:

Since I want dates to appear in dd/mm/yyyy format, I went to the regional format settings and chose English Israel.

However, that added English Israel as an input language - which is redundant, since the system language is English anyway. This gets annoying when I'm trying to change keyboard language.

When I try to remove this additional input language, the regional format is also removed.

How do I get the regional format without the extra English input? Regional Format vs. Input Languages e038a703-446f-4ba2-9c84-3dc09445107e?upload=true.png

:)

g_raveh, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Sep 15, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Regional Format vs. Input Languages

Language Setting & Regional Format

Hi,

I have set my Country/Region to Netherlands and my Phone language to English (US). I would like to set my Regional format to Netherlands as well (Date and time format as well as the Euro) but it will show the weekdays in Dutch despite the English language
    setting. Is this a bug or is this deliberate? Why is the language of the weekdays coupled to the Regional format setting and not to the Phone language which makes more sense. Any plan to change this in coming updates?

Cheers,

Sander

Sander Verbrugge, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Regional Format vs. Input Languages

1. Regional Format vs. Input Languages - Similar Threads - Regional Format Input

2. Mismatching windows language and regional format lead to problems with app default languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mismatching windows language and regional format lead to problems with app default languages: Conditions: My Windows is set up with English US as its primary language. However, I vastly prefer Russian date&time format dd.mm.yyyy and 24h, so I set it after the initial setup. I think this is where the problems come from.Problems: Some applications of recent note, Nearby...
  3. Mismatching windows language and regional format lead to problems with app default languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mismatching windows language and regional format lead to problems with app default languages: Conditions: My Windows is set up with English US as its primary language. However, I vastly prefer Russian date&time format dd.mm.yyyy and 24h, so I set it after the initial setup. I think this is where the problems come from.Problems: Some applications of recent note, Nearby...
  4. Cortana Regions And Languages

in Cortana
    Cortana Regions And Languages: Cortana is not working again. It says 'Cortana isn't available In your region' Please tell all the available regions. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-regions-and-languages/65d4c67b-5d92-4347-b44e-fbc84d40064d
  5. Edge language/region

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge language/region: So I've changed from Chrome to Edge recently. It's all nice and have no problem with transition but there's one thing that annoys the $hit out of me. Why doesn't Edge stick to the language/region settings of my system? It keeps changing to 'local' language and region...
  6. Region and Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Region and Language: I have added a wrong region, how to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-and-language/5671547b-e950-4c77-b2af-554944ba5676
  7. Regional settings vs display language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Regional settings vs display language: Hi there, I am so tired of Windows and the way language, proofing, keyboard, display language etc is just one huge pile of manure. What settings do I need to click to get this?: Display language: English Formatting (time, currency etc): danish Spelling and proofing...
  8. Region and language

Region and language: I want to change my language to English, however when I go to the Region and Language section nothing appears what can i do to fix this? Here is a screenshot to see what happens [ATTACH]...
  9. Region & Language

Region & Language: Why doesn't Region & Language show up? It has been about this for 3 months. I updated and restarted the computer many times. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-language/c7470674-2f84-44b1-a4f8-73b6f19df89b
  10. Region & language blank

Region & language blank: Today I found something wrong with my new system, the region & language setting page totally blank. I tried a lots of settings even login to safe mode, but still same. That makes me no chance to setup language and can't download any other languages. I don't know what to do...