Windows 10: Regional settings vs display language

Discus and support Regional settings vs display language in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, I am so tired of Windows and the way language, proofing, keyboard, display language etc is just one huge pile of manure. What settings do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kianbateman, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Regional settings vs display language

Hi there, I am so tired of Windows and the way language, proofing, keyboard, display language etc is just one huge pile of manure. What settings do I need to click to get this?:

Display language: English

Formatting (time, currency etc): danish Spelling and proofing (Office): English and danish

Keyboard: danish.

submitted by /u/kianbateman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kianbateman, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

I can not change display language

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to Change settings that may block installation

There are advanced language settings that may block the download of language packs. To revert these settings to their defaults values so that you can download language packs, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel. To do this, type Control Panel in the
      Search box, and then tap or click Control Panel in the search results list.

• Tap or click Clock, Language and Region. (If you are viewing Control Panel in icon display, select
      Language, and then go to step 4.)

• Tap or click Language.

• Tap or click Advanced settings.

• Examine the Override for Windows display language and
      Override for default input method lists. Make sure that the
      Use language list (recommended)
      option is selected for both lists

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 26, 2020
  3. setting up cortana in your country/region/language

Below is the official advice

Why isn't Cortana in my region or language?

Cortana is available in the following countries/regions: China, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States. Cortana is available in these languages: Chinese (Simplified), English (U.K.), English (U.S.), French, Italian, German, and
    Spanish
    • To use Cortana, all these settings must be set to the same language:
      • Languages (this is your device language)
      • Speech language (language pack must be installed)
      • Country or region
    • Note: If you change your region, you might not be able to shop at Store, or use things you've purchased, like memberships and subscriptions, games, movies, TV, and music.

it is incorrect, you also need to change your "Windows Display Language" found in Control Panel>Clock, Language, Region>Language> then select your language and choose "Make this the primary Language" it will prompt you to log off and log back on, then as
    long as the Windows display language matches your Language Speech language and Country / Region in the modern "settings>Time & Language" Cortana will work

LilyMitchell, May 26, 2020
  4. Regional settings vs display language

Resetting language and regions

Hi Dee,

The option to reset the language and region can either be done in the Control Panel or the Settings app. Since you are having issues with the reset option, we would like to ask for additional information to help us provide the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 is your PC running on?
    • Did you get an error after resetting the language and region?
    • In which language and region are you trying to reset it to?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Regional settings vs display language

1. Regional settings vs display language - Similar Threads - Regional settings display

2. How to delete/disable Display language region

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete/disable Display language region: I have two prefered languages US English and Ukrainian and one unwanted — English United KingdomHow delete complitely English United Kingdom so I stop seeing two english keyboards?...
  3. How to delete/disable Display language region

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete/disable Display language region: I have two prefered languages US English and Ukrainian and one unwanted — English United KingdomHow delete complitely English United Kingdom so I stop seeing two english keyboards?...
  4. Language/Region Settings not affecting everywhere.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language/Region Settings not affecting everywhere.: I bought an XP Spectre Laptop in Japan. When the first install happened there was no initial option to switch language, so I did the install in Japanese. Since then I have switched the language and region to UK. But there are still some things showing in Japanese. If I search...
  5. Regional Format vs. Input Languages

Regional Format vs. Input Languages: I have a problem with the regional format feature in Windows 10: Since I want dates to appear in dd/mm/yyyy format, I went to the regional format settings and chose English Israel. However, that added English Israel as an input language - which is redundant, since the...
  6. Region and Language

Region and Language: I have added a wrong region, how to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-and-language/5671547b-e950-4c77-b2af-554944ba5676
  7. Region and Language Settings - XML documentation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Region and Language Settings - XML documentation: Hi I'm looking for a full explanation/description of the XML commands to customize my regional settings. See below: <gs:UserLocale> <gs:Locale Name="en-UK" SetAsCurrent="true" ResetAllSettings="true"> <gs:Win32> <gs:iCalendarType>1</gs:iCalendarType>...
  8. Region and language

Region and language: I want to change my language to English, however when I go to the Region and Language section nothing appears what can i do to fix this? Here is a screenshot to see what happens [ATTACH]...
  9. Region & Language

Region & Language: Why doesn't Region & Language show up? It has been about this for 3 months. I updated and restarted the computer many times. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-language/c7470674-2f84-44b1-a4f8-73b6f19df89b
  10. Region settings: Unable to set default language!

in Windows 10 Support
    Region settings: Unable to set default language!: Hi, I get this error when setting my Region settings to English/Netherlands and restart Windows 10. Error : "Unable to set default language !" When I put it back to English/US then all is ok. How can I get my Regio settings to English/Netherlands, which Windows itself...