Windows 10: Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files

Discus and support Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This works but is not run with the admin flag thus it dose not work in 10.... Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZippyDSMlee, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files

ZippyDSMlee, Sep 13, 2016

2. Unable to launch TomTom application after Windows 10 November Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I understand you have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package but it did not resolve the issue, however you may download and install
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package from the below link and check.

32-bit version: Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center

64-bit version: Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Usually the application that misses the MSVCR100.dll indicates what version you need - if installing one does not work, you may install the other version and check.

If the issue still persists, you may unregister and re-register the dll file and check.

The Regsvr32 tool is a command-line utility that can be used for registering and un-registering OLE controls like DLL and ActiveX (OCX) controls in the Windows operating system. If you find that some of your Windows functions are note working
    properly, you may need to register your dll files.

Unregister dll file: To un-register a dll or ocx file, open a command prompt windows as an administrator, type the following and hit Enter:

Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

regsvr32 /u <path & filename of dll or ocx>

Register dll file: To register a dll or ocx file, open a command prompt windows as an administrator, type the following and hit Enter:

regsvr32 <path & filename of dll or ocx>

Note: This will register or unregister the dll file.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run System file checker.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Deepak Kodi, Sep 13, 2016
  3. Albinrad Win User
    having problem in registering dll files

Hii im am having a problem in registering a dll file as im trying to register isdone.dll using cmd but its showing that "the module was loaded but the entry level dll registr server was not found make sure that the isdone.dll is a valid dll or ocx file and
    try again" so plzz help how to register my dll file.

thank you .

Albinrad, Sep 13, 2016
Thema:

Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files

1. Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files - Similar Threads - Register Unregister Context

2. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5: Every time I install the application, a pop up always appears "unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5",Why is this?...
  3. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5: Every time I install the application, a pop up always appears "unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5",Why is this?...
  4. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...: This message occurred when I was in the process of updating, registering and installing Waves Soundgrid plugins, Dll's and other files using the Waves Central app. Upon proceeding with the updates, I received the error message during updates:...
  6. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...: This message occurred when I was in the process of updating, registering and installing Waves Soundgrid plugins, Dll's and other files using the Waves Central app. Upon proceeding with the updates, I received the error message during updates:...
  7. Registering an OCX file fails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registering an OCX file fails: I have been trying to register on OCX file on a Windows 10 64 bit system. I keep getting the following error message The module mshflxgd.ocx failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent...
  8. Context Menu Platinum - Unregistered Version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Context Menu Platinum - Unregistered Version: I keep getting this pop-up Context Menu Platinum - Unregistered Version whenever I try opening Device manager or a command prompt with administrative privileges. The pop-up stays on the screen for like 90 seconds and it won't let me delete it till this has finished its...
  9. using regsvr32 to register ocx file

in Windows 10 Customization
    using regsvr32 to register ocx file: using regsvr32 to register Msflxgrd.ocx I get error 08002801c how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-regsvr32-to-register-ocx-file/9b1fa2bb-ca51-4c34-89a2-670eb9e48548
  10. Context Menu Platinum - Unregistered Version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Context Menu Platinum - Unregistered Version: I keep getting this pop-up (Context Menu Platinum - Unregistered Version) whenever I try opening Device manager or a command prompt with administrative privileges. The pop-up stays on the screen for like 80 seconds and it won't let me delete it. I can't find any information...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 add register ocx in context menu

2. context menu register ocx windows 10

3. context.ocx

4. owncloud contex menu.dll failed to register