Windows 10: Register device with Microsoft account.

Discus and support Register device with Microsoft account. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is there any benefit to registering my desktop PC as a device in my Microsoft account? Is there any way to do this without creating a Microsoft account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kol12, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Kol12 Win User

Register device with Microsoft account.

Is there any benefit to registering my desktop PC as a device in my Microsoft account? Is there any way to do this without creating a Microsoft account on the local PC?

:)

Kol12, Mar 18, 2021
  2. Kol12 Win User

Is there any benefit to registering my desktop PC as a device in my Microsoft account? Is there any way to do this without creating a Microsoft account on the local PC?

Kol12, Mar 18, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Mar 18, 2021
  4. needsleep Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

I bought a used laptop running Win 10 Pro. winver reports 1809.
    How do I register my PC with my Microsoft account?
    But when I'm done, I'd like to use my local account each time to log in.
    Please tell me how to do that.
    I am very new at Win 10, and need step by step instructions.

Thanks,

needsleep, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Register device with Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - Register device Microsoft

2. how to register dell device on microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to register dell device on microsoft account?: I tried to register dell device on microsoft account for which it asks about serial number. Serial number provided on dell device is not working...
  3. how to register dell device on microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to register dell device on microsoft account?: I tried to register dell device on microsoft account for which it asks about serial number. Serial number provided on dell device is not working...
  4. Register device with Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Register device with Microsoft account.: Is there any benefit to registering my desktop PC as a device in my Microsoft account? Is there any way to do this without creating a Microsoft account on the local PC? 175892
  5. Registering Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registering Microsoft Account: This has to be a common problem. I am setting up a new computer with Microsoft. I do not live in the U.S. but my official address is in the States. That includes what I use for my U.S. bank account. I entered all billing info correctly. e.g. credit card #, etc. My credit...
  6. registering a device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    registering a device: I have a Toshiba Laptop with Win-10 which I want to register. But I can only find instructions for registering an MS or related device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registering-a-device/d312374e-8edf-45db-8d16-5d63412e780a
  7. Account Register

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Account Register: Can you establish more than one "Account Register" in Money Plus. I had six registers established in my old version of Money and I have established one in Windows 10, and when I went to add another account register, it wanted to replace the one I just established; therefore,...
  8. registering a Device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    registering a Device: Hi My Son got a PC for Christmas and set up an MS account, which he has subsequently forgotten his password for, and the back up email which he added was my husbands old work address. In true form for an 11 year old he didn't fill in the account details correctly and now...
  9. registering a Device

in Windows 10 Customization
    registering a Device: Hi My Son got a PC for Christmas and set up an MS account, which he has subsequently forgotten his password for, and the back up email which he added was my husbands old work address. In true form for an 11 year old he didn't fill in the account details correctly and now...
  10. Microsoft Live Account - Can't register

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Live Account - Can't register: I am trying to set up a Microsoft account to access Cortana, but MS keep on rejecting my password because of unacceptable characters. The password I want to use (I will change it) is Wacfr0[Live0] - it has at least 2 upper case characters, at least 2 lower case characters, at...