Windows 10: register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Discus and support register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a used laptop running Win 10 Pro. winver reports 1809. How do I register my PC with my Microsoft account? But when I'm done, I'd like to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by needsleep, Nov 9, 2019.

1. needsleep Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

I bought a used laptop running Win 10 Pro. winver reports 1809.
    How do I register my PC with my Microsoft account?
    But when I'm done, I'd like to use my local account each time to log in.
    Please tell me how to do that.
    I am very new at Win 10, and need step by step instructions.

Thanks,

:)

needsleep, Nov 9, 2019

2. Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 9, 2019
  3. DarWun Win User
    Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Log out of local account

Hi,

Logging in an account to the Windows Store will automatically bound your local account with your Microsoft account. You can log in to the

web version of the WindowsStore
    instead to prevent this issue from recurring. To log out an account of the Windows Store, kindly follow these steps:

• Open Windows Store.
    • Click your account icon beside the Search box.

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in 324b6283-915b-4863-b7e7-8dcc637170e9.png
    • Click your profile.

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in 3474ff0a-d0b8-4bc3-bea4-019c3c0e889e.png
    • Click Sign out.

Now, proceed in removing your Microsoft account and password by following these steps:

• Go to Settings>Account>Your email and accounts.
    • Click Sign in with a local account instead and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • After setting up the new local account, go back to Settings>Account>Your email and accounts.
    • Select your email account and click Remove.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in - Similar Threads - register microsoft local

2. Logging into pc with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging into pc with microsoft account: I accidentally turned on logging into pc with microsoft account, but i don't know how to turn it off, every time I turn on my pc it asks for my microsoft account password, it is really bothering me. Does anyone have a soution?...
  3. Local account log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local account log in: I accidenatlly logged into my computer using my mom’s microsoft account and now all my personaliziations are the ones from her computer and I cannot log out. Also, when I went accounts in settings the “log into local account instead” message isn’t there Thank you...
  4. Microsoft Account using local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account using local password: Hi, I recently bought a new SurfacePro to replace my older laptop and desktop. When setting up initially I was unable to connect to the internet. I had to set up with a local username and temporary I thought password. When I was able to connect I entered my Microsoft ID...
  5. Using my local account login information to log into a Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Using my local account login information to log into a Microsoft account: I have multiple windows 10 computers that were set up many years ago. When I originally set them up I used a local account instead of a Microsoft account. Somehow over time that account got linked to my Microsoft account and gives me the advantages of using additional...
  6. Registering Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registering Microsoft Account: This has to be a common problem. I am setting up a new computer with Microsoft. I do not live in the U.S. but my official address is in the States. That includes what I use for my U.S. bank account. I entered all billing info correctly. e.g. credit card #, etc. My credit...
  7. UNABLE TO LOG INTO MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT NOW USING LOCAL A/C ACCOUNT TO GET BY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UNABLE TO LOG INTO MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT NOW USING LOCAL A/C ACCOUNT TO GET BY: I am using a SP4 /WIN 10 2004, and MSO2016. Upgraded to V2004 last week and have been unable to log into my microsoft A/C using my outlook address.Followed the instructions re password change etc. Note that I can log into this account from my phone and another address created...
  8. Use microsoft store on local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use microsoft store on local account: I just converted my win10 machine to local account, but found out that microsoft store does not work on local account. All guides online seem to be 2-3 yrs old and not work. How to use it on local account? Am on win10 pro version 1909 submitted by /u/f36a [link]...
  9. using local password with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    using local password with microsoft account: So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local...
  10. Can I use Local Account to log in but Microsoft Account for Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I use Local Account to log in but Microsoft Account for Store: Title says it all. I like to boot up and log in with no password but I want to use my Microsoft account when I am fooling with store apps. Is this possible? 14892