Windows 10: Register this program for restart checkbox under compatibility?

Discus and support Register this program for restart checkbox under compatibility? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So i was setting up a program to run as admin on my laptop, when i noticed a checkbox under that tab id never seen before anywhere else. I immediately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by klepp0906, Feb 12, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Register this program for restart checkbox under compatibility?

So i was setting up a program to run as admin on my laptop, when i noticed a checkbox under that tab id never seen before anywhere else.

I immediately checked another program, and its there as well.

This isnt present on my two desktops - and so it leads me to believe its either a native-to-laptops thing, or something with my install (or windows version as its on an insider build?)

Properties > compatibility tab > right below "run as administrator" is "Register this program for restart"

Is that the whole new/mac-like re-open me upon restart if i was already running, thing thats on the horizon?

:)

klepp0906, Feb 12, 2020

2. Program Compatibility Troubleshooter / related

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to install game in Compatibility mode and check if it works.
    If there no updated games version available on the games manufacturer’s website,
    then try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the Game from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the Game setup file and click on
      ‘Properties’
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1/7
      operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    UFile2015 tax program not compatible in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to install the program in compatibility mode and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps

Refer the steps to install a program in compatibility mode:

a. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
    Properties

b. Select Compatibility Tab

c. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

d. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

If you need any further assistance let us know and we would be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Register this program for restart checkbox under compatibility?

Turn off Program Compatibility Mode

Hi Harry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing with compatibility on Windows 10?

I suggest you to stop the Program Compatibility Assistant service
    and check if it helps.

This service provides support for program compatibility assistant. PCA monitors programs installed and run by the user and detects unknown compatibility problems. If this service is stopped PCA will not work properly.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc
      in the Start Search box.
    • Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Program Compatibility Assistant service and select
      Stop.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Register this program for restart checkbox under compatibility?

1. Register this program for restart checkbox under compatibility? - Similar Threads - Register program restart

2. Checkbox "Show compatible hardware" no more visible in Device Manager, option "

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checkbox "Show compatible hardware" no more visible in Device Manager, option ": Hello,In Device Manager->Update driver->"Browse my computer for driver software"->"let me pick from a list od device drivers on my computer", the checkbox "Show compatible hardware" is no more visible. I had it some times ago. What is this mystery? Is there a way to have it...
  3. Checkbox "Show compatible hardware" no more visible in Device Manager, option "

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Checkbox "Show compatible hardware" no more visible in Device Manager, option ": Hello,In Device Manager->Update driver->"Browse my computer for driver software"->"let me pick from a list od device drivers on my computer", the checkbox "Show compatible hardware" is no more visible. I had it some times ago. What is this mystery? Is there a way to have it...
  4. Program Compatibility Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Compatibility Assistant: Hello,I recently downloaded the game Valorant, and its anti-cheat requires an access to the kernel. Windows blocked the access and asked me if I want to disable the filter of access to the kernel I guess its the meaning of the message... I attached an image of the message. I...
  5. Program Compatibility Assistant

Program Compatibility Assistant: Hello,I recently downloaded the game Valorant, and its anti-cheat requires an access to the kernel. Windows blocked the access and asked me if I want to disable the filter of access to the kernel I guess its the meaning of the message... I attached an image of the message. I...
  6. What does Register this Program for Restart do? How do you Register one?

in Windows 10 News
    What does Register this Program for Restart do? How do you Register one?: [IMG]Some of the programs don’t respond well to the latest version of Windows. It crashes, and the only way out is to run it in compatibility mode. Related to this, there is another option— Register this Program for Restart —that makes sure the program is restarted or...
  7. Program Compatibility Assistant

Program Compatibility Assistant: Program Compatibility Assistant gives me continuous alerts that "an app can't run on this device" but the alert doesn't say which app and all the apps I'm using are running fine. I've tried everything suggested in these forums to turn off this bothersome notification without...
  8. Program not compatible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program not compatible.: I have windows 10 pro and have run this program Final Fantasy XI on it for years without any issues but all of a sudden the program is not compatible? which I know is not true as I run it on my lap top. Anyway I have tried reinstalling the program countless times, running it...
  9. Windows program no registered

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows program no registered: I work from home and I was checking to see if a program would work on my computer. this program requires windows 10, which I have, but the program comes back and says I have windows 8.2. I believe that my windows is not registered. What do I do?...
  10. not compatable program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not compatable program: I downloaded PLEX MEDIA SERVER + PLEX MEDIA PLAYER, but can't get them to open [error codes] it seems i have to have xp service pack 3, i'm on win 10 and the plex website clearly states win 10 download. it seems the 2 prog aren't compatible any help you can provide pleasep...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Comment Ajouter Le Menu Register This Program For Restart dans la compatibilité de programe Win 8

2. Register this program for restart ??