Windows 10: Registered Technician. Is this genuine?

Discus and support Registered Technician. Is this genuine? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I searched for help on Windows popup to complete upload of Windows 10 which kept failing. I was offered chat but could not satisfy request so was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdNeff, Sep 9, 2019.

1. EdNeff Win User

Registered Technician. Is this genuine?

I searched for help on Windows popup to complete upload of Windows 10 which kept failing.

I was offered chat but could not satisfy request so was offered a 1-800 number. This was presented as being Microsoft and I was transferred to a technician. This ended up with installation of Firewalls and cost of $500 for 5 years service.

Company is called Computer Connections Ltd and has certificate as Genuine Microsoft Software Reseller.

Have I been scammed?

Is there a threat with them having had remote access to my computer?

Ed

:)

EdNeff, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Rohit_SG Win User

Connect to technician

Hi Lee,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community Forums.

We would be happy to assist you. However, we will not be able to connect to any technician from other support channels. If you want to contact a technician with your case number, you need to connect through the same channel (Phone/Chat) for support.

We provide technical suggestions for any queries in Windows. You can provide us the details of the issue and we’ll be glad to assist you with the troubleshooting steps which you can follow to resolve the issue.

Have a nice day!

Rohit_SG, Sep 9, 2019
  3. warup89 Win User
    Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Registered Technician. Is this genuine?

Advise for/against engineering sample cpu

So are they identifiable through a print on the dye, BIOS or CPUZ (family, stepping, Model, revision) ?

Can anyone post a CPUZ of an ES cpu please?

It could equally be a genuine part being "suggestively" marketed.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Registered Technician. Is this genuine?

1. Registered Technician. Is this genuine? - Similar Threads - Registered Technician genuine

2. Report a fraudulent Microsoft Technician

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Report a fraudulent Microsoft Technician: My computer was locked by Microsoft and it said to call 888 552 6104 I spoke with the senior technician Ethan Scott who was very helpful and assisted with several scans, especially with the ip information. I have been having many problems with hacking affecting financial info...
  3. Report a fraudulent Microsoft Technician

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Report a fraudulent Microsoft Technician: My computer was locked by Microsoft and it said to call 888 552 6104 I spoke with the senior technician Ethan Scott who was very helpful and assisted with several scans, especially with the ip information. I have been having many problems with hacking affecting financial info...
  4. How to find Who Is This Number Registered To [Genuine Guide]

in Windows 10 News
    How to find Who Is This Number Registered To [Genuine Guide]: [IMG]Am I the only one who has the moment when you missed a call from someone and are curious to know who this number actually belongs to? In this post, we will address this dilemma. We brought to you a genuine guide that will assist you to find out who a number is registered...
  5. If IT IS Not Genuine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If IT IS Not Genuine: My USB controller is not genuine?. Therefore the screensaver has permission to not start. Even though my USB xbox 360 after market controller is not genuine, the screensaver could squish and kill someone if it starts. Am I wrong?...
  6. microsoft technician

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft technician: Hi Peeps This should be an easy question. Can someone please tell me do microsoft technicians still offer IT services to the public for a yearly subscription? If the answer is yea how do I find them to sign up? I want to start my own small business and wish to recruit...
  7. Is it genuine?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it genuine?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Harenraj56 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e3ddkm/is_it_genuine/
  8. Any technician

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any technician: I need help please.. i m really stuck in black screen. Intel uni something. I deleted system recovery. Now i boot. I changed the boot menu to hdd as first option but didn't work. I tried using usb media file but it brought me to blue screen saying reovery computer need to be...
  9. Microsoft Certified Technician Scams

Microsoft Certified Technician Scams: I noticed the comment posted regarding the man who was cold called by a scammer, I think regarding the Ammy Scam. He had asked who these people are and why aren't they in jail yet. That email was dated 2013. Here we are almost at 2020 and they have been not only scamming the...
  10. Technician of Microsoft or unscrupulous fraudster ?

Technician of Microsoft or unscrupulous fraudster ?: Hello everyone, I got a phone from someone (who spoke very bad english) telling me he was a MICROSOFT technician. Wow! Is that possible that Microsoft uses a phone (USA → Europe) to contact a little private home customer ? I do not think so. This person complained that my...