Windows 10: registering a device

Discus and support registering a device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Laptop with Win-10 which I want to register. But I can only find instructions for registering an MS or related device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EmeryMoore, Jun 9, 2020.

1. registering a device

I have a Toshiba Laptop with Win-10 which I want to register. But I can only find instructions for registering an MS or related device.

:)

EmeryMoore, Jun 9, 2020

2. No registered device!

Steps to do

• On your phone, go to SETTINGS
    • Here, go to ABOUT - RESET
    • When the comes back up, use your windows phone account that you use on windowsphone.com website. Your phone will be re-registered.

Jay_answers, Jun 9, 2020
  3. WPCTVPRO registers as "SCAH Device"

Hi Alan,

Thank you for sharing this to the Microsoft Community. We suggest you to run Hardware troubleshooter. Windows comes with this built-in troubleshooter. If you recently installed a new driver or plugged-in a hardware and face some things that are not
    working as you’d like them to, use this troubleshooter. Please follow the steps below:

• On Cortana or search, type in Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box on the upper right corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on View all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Devices options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Once you're done, update us with the result.

Marvin Barc, Jun 9, 2020
  4. registering a device

registering my device on windows phone website

If you have tried the above steps, then this is the next thing to do.

At this point (after the above steps), there are two possibilities.

• Problem is with phone.
    • Problem is with your id.

First, we start with the id. See if you can borrow a friend's windows phone. If that is not an option, visit your nearest service centre of your phone model. Try to sign in using your id on that phone. Then, check if that device showed up as being registered
    to you. If it does, then we know your Microsoft account is fine.

If the device does not show up, then the issue is with your Microsoft account. That is when you get to the chat option of phone OS at gethelp.live.com

Let us know how it goes.

Jay_answers, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

registering a device

1. registering a device - Similar Threads - registering device

2. My account doesn't have a device registered under it, even though the device says it's...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My account doesn't have a device registered under it, even though the device says it's...: I'm currently using Windows 10, and I have the account I want to be the primary account on my device, and when I go to remove the old one, I log in to it on my browser. After I log in on my browser, it doesn't show the device I'm attempting to remove it from under it, despite...
  3. My account doesn't have a device registered under it, even though the device says it's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account doesn't have a device registered under it, even though the device says it's...: I'm currently using Windows 10, and I have the account I want to be the primary account on my device, and when I go to remove the old one, I log in to it on my browser. After I log in on my browser, it doesn't show the device I'm attempting to remove it from under it, despite...
  4. My account doesn't have a device registered under it, even though the device says it's...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. register my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    register my device: how do i register my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/register-my-device/0e897e99-85c2-41ab-bff4-efa19de6c5e0
  6. register my device

register my device: how do i register my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/register-my-device/0e897e99-85c2-41ab-bff4-efa19de6c5e0
  7. register my device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My headphones registers under "other devices" on the devices tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphones registers under "other devices" on the devices tab: hi, i just bought a new headphone the razer barracuda x to be specific. However, once i connected my headphones it was not recognized as an audio device the device was enlisted under the "other devices" part of my devices and it is unable to provide output and input since its...
  9. My headphones registers under "other devices" on the devices tab

My headphones registers under "other devices" on the devices tab: hi, i just bought a new headphone the razer barracuda x to be specific. However, once i connected my headphones it was not recognized as an audio device the device was enlisted under the "other devices" part of my devices and it is unable to provide output and input since its...
  10. My device was never registered, but need BitLocker Code.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device was never registered, but need BitLocker Code.: My device is not listed under either my or my husband's Microsoft account. It won't turn on at all so I took it to repair shop. They always back up data before mailing a device off for repair, but when they hook up a backup device, it's asking for a Bitlocker Code. Since it's...