Windows 10: registering a windows store game when have files

Discus and support registering a windows store game when have files in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; hey guys. I have bought gears 5 and FH4 but the downloading speed was terrible from store so I got the files from my friend who has the game. no how... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by mahdi80n, Sep 5, 2019.

1. mahdi80n Win User

registering a windows store game when have files

hey guys.

I have bought gears 5 and FH4 but the downloading speed was terrible from store so I got the files from my friend who has the game.

no how can I make store recognize the files and not download again?

like you know there is a way in steam..is there any way on windows store? thanks.

:)

mahdi80n, Sep 5, 2019

2. MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Error message 'you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store'

Hi Adam,

A possible factor why you're having this issue is due to a corrupted app file. To better isolate your concern, Answer the following questions below:

• Did you get any error messages when you're trying to open Windows Store apps?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps on this article:
    How to re-register Windows Store Apps in Windows 10 / 8.
    It will provide steps in re-registering Windows Store Apps.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

1. registering a windows store game when have files - Similar Threads - registering store game

2. Game files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game files have disappeared: After being invited by Microsoft to back up my computer to the cloud I have found that all my Sims 2 game files have disappeared. All I appear to be left with is the default game. How can I recover my files?...
  3. Game files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game files have disappeared: After being invited by Microsoft to back up my computer to the cloud I have found that all my Sims 2 game files have disappeared. All I appear to be left with is the default game. How can I recover my files?...
  4. Game files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Store not re-registering

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not re-registering: Recently,Microsoft Store dont Xbox Game Bar dont work anymore.I have tried a couple of methods found on the internet such as the PowerShell method but it gets stuck at Initializing.I have also tried the CMD method but i got an error:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path...
  6. Microsoft Store not re-registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not re-registering: Recently,Microsoft Store dont Xbox Game Bar dont work anymore.I have tried a couple of methods found on the internet such as the PowerShell method but it gets stuck at Initializing.I have also tried the CMD method but i got an error:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path...
  7. Microsoft Store not re-registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Class Not Registered Error When Trying To Install A Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Class Not Registered Error When Trying To Install A Game: So I spent several hours last night waiting as the Sims 2 installed from Origin. When it came time for the setup to finish I got an error. C:\WINDOWS\system32\REG.exe Class not registered. I've searched the Internet and can't find anyone with this exact issue....
  9. Headset not registering in-game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset not registering in-game: I'm using an xbox 360 controller / wireless receiver. No cords except for the xbox360 specific headset that plugs into the controller itself. It registers on the computer in the sound device settings. I can hear it, the computer says OK you're good to go but in the game it...
  10. Re-register Store app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Store app in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 How to Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to...