Windows 10: Registering an OCX file fails

Discus and support Registering an OCX file fails in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been trying to register on OCX file on a Windows 10 64 bit system. I keep getting the following error message The module mshflxgd.ocx failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thomas Kane III, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Registering an OCX file fails

I have been trying to register on OCX file on a Windows 10 64 bit system. I keep getting the following

error message

The module mshflxgd.ocx failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found.

The ocx module is in the system32 directory. I've tried using full full path to the file when running resvr32. As suggested by Microsoft help

file, I copied the ocx module to the SysWoW64 directory and still get the same error message.

The application I'm using to import data into an Access database requires the mshflxgd.ocx. The application does not install the ocx file.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Thomas Kane III, Jan 22, 2021

2. COMDLG32.ocx not correctly registered - Windows 10

Hello Chris,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you with additional information from here.

Outdated or missing comdlg32.ocx runtime library might be causing the issue. Please follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Re-Register the file:

You can Re-register this file it by typing "regsvr32 comctl32.ocx" from the command line in the system32 directory.

Perform the following steps to make the changes:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • Put in your credentials for UAC prompt.
    • In the command prompt type in "regsvr32 comctl32.ocx" then press ENTER
    Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the software packages you are referring to and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Programs and features.
    • Select the program and click uninstall.
    • Restart the machine and install the application and check if it helps.

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 22, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Running Win & and not letting me register a OCX file

There is no 64 bit version of comdlg32.ocx. It's 32 bit, but
    you can still register the ocx.
    In Vista Ultimate x64, you need to place the Comdlg32.ocx in the directory C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ you can then run "regsvr32
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Comdlg32.ocx" and it should register the file.

open an elevated command prompt. then type:

regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Comdlg32.ocx

I pick this info up over at Vista forums and it worked for me. Hope it works for you.*Smile Registering an OCX file fails :)

95Viper, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Registering an OCX file fails

comdlg32.ocx Help

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the frustration when things don't work as expected.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

When you install software that uses the comdlg32.ocx, the software should automatically register the file for you. In some cases your OCX file may not register properly, and as a result, will provide a "comdlg32.ocx not registered" error. Fortunately,
    you can use a built-in utility called "Microsoft Register Server" (regsvr32.exe) to re-register your comdlg32.ocx file.

How to re-register comdlg32.ocx from an elevated command prompt (Windows 10).

• Click the Start button.
    • Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit
      ENTER yet!
    • While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit
      ENTER
    • You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
    • Click Yes.
    • Type the following command: regsvr32 /u comdlg32.ocx.
    • Hit ENTER. This will UN-REGISTER your file.
    • Type the following command: regsvr32 /i comdlg32.ocx.
    • Hit ENTER. This will RE-REGISTER your file.
    • Close the command prompt window.
    Re-start the program associated with comdlg32.ocx error.

Hope this helps resolving the issue, if issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Registering an OCX file fails

1. Registering an OCX file fails - Similar Threads - Registering OCX file

2. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5: Every time I install the application, a pop up always appears "unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5",Why is this?...
  3. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5: Every time I install the application, a pop up always appears "unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5",Why is this?...
  4. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...: This message occurred when I was in the process of updating, registering and installing Waves Soundgrid plugins, Dll's and other files using the Waves Central app. Upon proceeding with the updates, I received the error message during updates:...
  6. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...: This message occurred when I was in the process of updating, registering and installing Waves Soundgrid plugins, Dll's and other files using the Waves Central app. Upon proceeding with the updates, I received the error message during updates:...
  7. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. using regsvr32 to register ocx file

in Windows 10 Customization
    using regsvr32 to register ocx file: using regsvr32 to register Msflxgrd.ocx I get error 08002801c how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-regsvr32-to-register-ocx-file/9b1fa2bb-ca51-4c34-89a2-670eb9e48548
  9. Component comctl32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Component comctl32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is...: ORIGINAL TITLE: Comctl32.ocx Hi, I'm trying to run a program on my computer but it says 'Component comctl32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid'. I've seen this topic on the forum before and read your answers to these...
  10. Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files: This works but is not run with the admin flag thus it dose not work in 10.... Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files Can someone update this so it works in win10? 63680

Users found this page by searching for:

1. register ocx for win7

2. Crystl32 ocx windows 10 64 bit Download

3. mshflxgd.ocx windows 10 FIXER