Windows 10: registering filter handlers_replacing existing filter handlers

Discus and support registering filter handlers_replacing existing filter handlers in Cortana to solve the problem; Dear MS Community I'm having issues searching for PDF files for words within its contents. I'd tried indexing options and checking the box "Index... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Foo Stefan, Feb 15, 2020.

1. registering filter handlers_replacing existing filter handlers

Dear MS Community

I'm having issues searching for PDF files for words within its contents. I'd tried indexing options and checking the box "Index Properties and File Contents", I'd notice the filter description/filter handlers of extension/file types PDF is Nuance PDF Filter been which I have already uninstalled Nuance program and currently using Windows Edge as my default for PDF.

Please advise a solutions.

Appreciated

Stefan

:)

Foo Stefan, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

registering filter handlers_replacing existing filter handlers [​IMG]

Try0x101, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Filter by price

Hi Thanatica,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Are you referring these feature in Windows Store?
    • When you say 'filtering by price' are you referring to price filters ascending or descending?

If yes then I suggest you to open Windows Store click on
    Apps tab
    ; Click on Top apps; Under Refine you can filter for free and paid apps. However there is no option to filter ascending or descending under paid. You may leave feedback about this feature in Feedback app. Thank
    you.

Pavan_N, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

registering filter handlers_replacing existing filter handlers

Filter Keys

Hi,

Filter Keys are part of the Ease of Access features in Windows 10 that can help users control the keypress repeat rate and ignore the repeated keys. This setting can be disabled by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click Ease of Access.
    • Click Change how your keyboard works.
    • Click Set up Filter Keys.
    • Uncheck Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds.
    • Uncheck Turn on Filter Keys.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if you were able to turn Filter Keys off after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

registering filter handlers_replacing existing filter handlers

1. registering filter handlers_replacing existing filter handlers - Similar Threads - registering filter handlers_replacing

2. DHCP Filter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DHCP Filter: Hello everyone, i need to block unknown MAC addresses from using my network, i can sofar only block known MACs from getting to my network but i dont know if there is a possibility that i can block any unknown MAC if the person puts the right IP configuration when the MAC...
  3. Lav filters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lav filters: Hello.Today i noticed at my programs a file called LAV filters .What is that and how installed?I attach a screenshot about the softwares that installed today so is it due to any of them?I tried to attached the screenshot but i can't .Is it a problem to community?...
  4. Nvidia filters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia filters: Hi, I currently have a notebook and I have two graphics cards, one integrated Intel and the other nvidia. I would like to use the Nvidia game filters but whenever I press "Alt + F3" the menu doesn't open up. I'd like to also mention that the display settings are also missing...
  5. weird filter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird filter: Can someone help, my laptops color suddenly looks like it has a type of "Indie" filter on and idk what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-filter/854b9a1b-92e5-4403-a04d-a863c8003d29
  6. Search Filter

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Search Filter: Under content filter I have turned on the filter inappropriate websites and searches. However it still allows searches that should be marked as inappropriate. Is there away to add words or phrases that can not be searched.Thanks in advance for any help or insight....
  7. Colourblind filter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Colourblind filter: Hi so I'm midly colourblind, i noticed not that long ago Windows had an integrated colourblind filter options and it real help me to distinguish colours but I just realised a really big bug regarding the aforedmentioned filter, I have a dual monitor setup and I noticed that...
  8. Keyboard filter?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard filter?: I would like to filter the keyboard inputs coming from the ps/2 port so that I can use a second keyboard for hotkeys without interfering with my USB keyboard. What would be an appropriate way to accomplish this? submitted by /u/MolyCrys [link] [comments]...
  9. Phishing Filter

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phishing Filter: How do I turn on the Phishing Filter in Wondows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phishing-filter/eec18ab4-8c52-4367-846d-58d44d1aeb89"
  10. filter key

in Windows 10 Customization
    filter key: how do I turn off filter keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/filter-key/4b82c632-80a2-4d72-bd2a-a252f61c6d11