Windows 10: registering winows

Discus and support registering winows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; while, loading windows for the first time on new laptop, the name field had already got my daughters name there, how is ths possible, as she is a grown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by apachetina, Jan 19, 2019.

1. registering winows

while, loading windows for the first time on new laptop, the name field had already got my daughters name there, how is ths possible, as she is a grown woman who is rarely here and never uses any devices I own... I changed the name for mine however when windows completed the laptop was in her name, I had to go to the web page to change the details, when there, the page even had her DOB, how is this possible?

:)

apachetina, Jan 19, 2019

2. Winows 10 setting problem

Hi,

We would suggest you to try the steps from the link

Settings doesnt launch or launches the store

or

Try this workaround

• Open an Elevated Powershell prompt by pressing the Windows Key, typing Powershell, then pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • Paste the following command into Powershell and execute it:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Jan 19, 2019
  3. No registered device!

Steps to do

• On your phone, go to SETTINGS
    • Here, go to ABOUT - RESET
    • When the comes back up, use your windows phone account that you use on windowsphone.com website. Your phone will be re-registered.

Jay_answers, Jan 19, 2019
  4. registering winows

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

registering winows

1. registering winows - Similar Threads - registering winows

2. 3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.: Hello everyone, I recently bought some new headphones for my gaming PC MSI gaming plus motherboard, and I've done literally everything to try and solve it, but nothing is working. I've updated my bios, I've gone into Device Properties, Device Manager, Sound testing,...
  3. Why is it on my PC - FS.dll and antivirus register it as malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is it on my PC - FS.dll and antivirus register it as malware?: Alright, so, I have a few questions. I'm on Windows 7, and I have a multitude of malware scanners, such as Malware Bytes, Avast, and Hitman Pro, and a few browser/startup scanners. Recently, Hitman Pro has discovered three .dll files under the name FS.dll and it is...
  4. Windows inbuilt microphone only registering high pitched noise?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows inbuilt microphone only registering high pitched noise?: Sometime ago my windows microphone stopped working. When doing audio tests it seems to only register high pitched sound. My laptop model is Acer Aspire F5-573. How should I go about fixing this? Thanks....
  5. my only input registering is voicemod voice changer, and it does not pick up any input...

in Windows 10 Customization
    my only input registering is voicemod voice changer, and it does not pick up any input...: my only input registering is voicemod voice changer, and it does not pick up any input devices either, please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-only-input-registering-is-voicemod-voice/ceaadb51-6e86-4fcb-935f-6d7f36f78cd8
  6. Change registered windows machines

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change registered windows machines: Hey, I have windows 10 pro on one of my computers and I just bought another with preinstalled windows 10 home. I want to switch them, I mean, I want to have my windows 10 pro on my new computer which didn't yet arrive to me and windows 10 home from that freshly bought...
  7. PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device

PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device: When ever I connect my PS4 controller to my PC it says its an audio device. How do I use my controller? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-is-registering-as-an-audio-device/38bcf16e-5f98-4721-a077-42285ba23ed9
  8. Unrecoverable playback error: Class not registered (0x80040154).

Unrecoverable playback error: Class not registered (0x80040154).: I had problems with a Realtek audio driver so uninstalled and pared back to the Win10 MSoft generic driver. I then installed the latest Realtek driver from the Microsoft Update Catalog (MUC). All working, no problems, sounds good. I then installed the latest Realtek driver...
  9. Unrecoverable playback error: Class not registered 0x80040154

Unrecoverable playback error: Class not registered 0x80040154: I had problems with a Realtek audio driver so uninstalled and pared back to the Win10 MSoft generic driver. I then installed the latest Realtek driver from the Microsoft Update Catalog MUC. All working, no problems, sounds good. I then installed the latest Realtek driver...
  10. How do I register my Microsoft mouse?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I register my Microsoft mouse?: I purchased a nano mouse and would like to register it. Where do I go on the website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-register-my-microsoft-mouse/99c88907-449f-4c2d-b656-8e05d0700694