Windows 10: Registration Entries appeared in Documents directory

Discus and support Registration Entries appeared in Documents directory in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A file called cc_20200107_112022 type Registration Entries appeared somehow in my Documents directory. I have no idea what it is. I have scanned it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by S.E.Richards, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Registration Entries appeared in Documents directory

A file called cc_20200107_112022 type Registration Entries appeared somehow in my Documents directory. I have no idea what it is. I have scanned it both with Malwarebytes & McAfee, showing no issues with either scan.

When I double click it says "Adding information can unintentionally change or delete values & cause components to stop working correctly. If you do not trust the source of this information in C:\Users\______\_______\cc_20200107_112022.reg, do not add it to the registry. Are you sure you want to continue?" Yes No

So I've just clicked No so far. What is this Registration Entries thing, how did it appear suddenly, & can I safely delete it?

:)

S.E.Richards, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Skofab Win User

Double entries in directory

Hi Chaps
    apologies if this has been asked before, but here goes.

I recently upgraded my windows 7 laptop to windows 10. It would seem to have been successful, and I am pleased with the outcome.

Just noticed a little quirk, and need advice.
    When I plug in a USB memory stick OR a USB external drive - the device shows twice in the directory. As I type this, I have a USB external hard drive plugged in. The directory list shows 2 entries 'E Drive' - when both are expanded, each has full details of the disks content!

Thoughts and suggestions welcomed *Confused

Skofab, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Registration Entries appeared in Documents directory

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Registration Entries appeared in Documents directory

1. Registration Entries appeared in Documents directory - Similar Threads - Registration Entries appeared

2. Registration Entries appeared in Documents directory in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registration Entries appeared in Documents directory in Windows 11: Hi,My son found a registry entry in the documents directory and he executed. Now the computer does not start windows. Every time we try to initiate it we get an error and we are sent to the blue screen where windows gives you options for repair. I have tried all of them and...
  3. Registration Entries appeared in Documents directory in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registration Entries appeared in Documents directory in Windows 11: Hi,My son found a registry entry in the documents directory and he executed. Now the computer does not start windows. Every time we try to initiate it we get an error and we are sent to the blue screen where windows gives you options for repair. I have tried all of them and...
  4. Registration Entries appeared in Documents directory and I deleted it and lost everything. Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registration Entries appeared in Documents directory and I deleted it and lost everything. Help: I had cc_20220218_143816 show up in my documents folder. I saw a thread that said to delete it. I did and now have lost everything in one of my important document folders. How do I get my folder and files back. I am in a panic....
  5. Registration Entries appeared in Documents directory and I deleted it and lost everything. Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registration Entries appeared in Documents directory and I deleted it and lost everything. Help: I had cc_20220218_143816 show up in my documents folder. I saw a thread that said to delete it. I did and now have lost everything in one of my important document folders. How do I get my folder and files back. I am in a panic....
  6. 0x80070005 Error change of application registration directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    0x80070005 Error change of application registration directory: Hello, Recently, I got the Xbox Game Pass PC and i can't install game, because the I can't change the new application directory , i have the 0x80070005 error. I Don't have see on Internet any solution at my problem, so, I'm here to get help, Bye. ***moved on english...
  7. "Registration Entries" file appeared in my Documents

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Registration Entries" file appeared in my Documents: I have Windows 10 Version 1909. A file called cc_20200107_112022 (type Registration Entries) appeared somehow in my Documents directory. I have no idea what it is. I have scanned it both with Malwarebytes & McAfee, showing no issues with either scan. When I double click it...
  8. Double entries in directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Double entries in directory: Hi Chaps apologies if this has been asked before, but here goes. I recently upgraded my windows 7 laptop to windows 10. It would seem to have been successful, and I am pleased with the outcome. Just noticed a little quirk, and need advice. When I plug in a USB memory...
  9. Registration Entry not executable from mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Registration Entry not executable from mapped network drive: Hello, Hope someone knows a quick fix, this is a weird one. Win10 (obviously). Registry-File on a network share. If I execute it without mapped drive (ie directly through the share) - OK. If I map the share to a letter, and try to execute: Registry Editor Cannot...
  10. Transfer Documents Directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Transfer Documents Directory: Why won't my "My Documents Directory" in Windows 7 transfer to the start menu ? At the moment I'm running off a disk. This what I used to have to do back in the old DOS days. I guess there's been no Improvement since then. 93510