Windows 10: Registry alterations keep being reset to original values

Discus and support Registry alterations keep being reset to original values in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop with Realtek sound card and Waves Maxx Audio software, which after 10-12 seconds idle, turns off the output signal in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RafaelPedreschi, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Registry alterations keep being reset to original values

I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop with Realtek sound card and Waves Maxx Audio software, which after 10-12 seconds idle, turns off the output signal in the headphone/aux jack. Every time it reactivates, my speakers pop loud.

I found out that there's a register entry that disable this idle power off and it works, the sound card kept on with the jack output even when there's no audio being played. BUT every time I reboot the computer, the registry goes back to it's original state. How can I prevent windows from resetting those register entries?

I heard that there may be a protocol or routine that resets some of registry entries after rebooting but I don't know how to trace the path to those or how to change them if there is any.

What should I do in this case?

Registry alterations keep being reset to original values b079c676-e8c2-4838-a536-d233ab8e0239?upload=true.png

:)

RafaelPedreschi, Apr 22, 2020

2. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Error Removing Registry Key?

If it is not causing you any issues i would suggest for you you not alter the Registry.

Altering the Registry in any form of way may cause your Operating System to stop responding and or functioning.

Frank N St31n, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Registry alterations keep being reset to original values

ForcedReboot Registry Key Value

Hi Daniel,

ForcedReboot is one of the subkeys in the registry. Subkeys contain data entries called values. The presence of a value on a key is a form of data that an application requires for it to run. An application opens a key and uses the values associated with
    the key to perform specific functions. A key can have any number of values, and the values can be in any form.

You can visit these links for further information about registry values:

Note: We do not recommend navigating and editing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry. Changing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry might cause serious system issues.

We would like to ask if you are experiencing any issues on your Windows device. Since you are interested on finding what the value of a subkey stands for, we think that you are trying to troubleshoot your computer. If in case you are having any errors or
    issues with your Microsoft products, let us know so that we could assist you further.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Registry alterations keep being reset to original values

1. Registry alterations keep being reset to original values - Similar Threads - Registry alterations keep

2. Invalid Value for Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid Value for Registry: Hi, I have been away on Hiliday for a few days. Tonight, when I try to open my photos .jpeg and .CR2files I get a message "Invalid Value for Registry". I was recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11....
  3. Undoing registry values

Undoing registry values: I don't know what I've changed ik i should have created a restore point first so I'm wondering if I can just skip the restore step and go to the sfc /scannow part which I've seen listed as plan b. Basically wondering if I can just skip to step 2 as step 1 cannot be done ever....
  4. Invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid value for registry: A few months ago, I noticed that, out of nowhere, some preinstalled apps refused to open. The ones I can list off the top of my head are- notepad- calculator- photos- the media player for audio- the microsoft store- the snipping toolWhen I try to open a file using an app like...
  5. Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?: I messed with the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" file and I tried to put it as exefile but that was not the original. The original "Value Data" had some underscores and I cant remember what it was. I can't open any app even snip to show what I mean. It opens then after about a...
  6. Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?: I messed with the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" file and I tried to put it as exefile but that was not the original. The original "Value Data" had some underscores and I cant remember what it was. I can't open any app even snip to show what I mean. It opens then after about a...
  7. Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?

8. Registry change being reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Registry change being reset: Hi, I have recently bought a Dell G5 5590 i7950H laptop (with SSD and GeForce RTX 2060 6GB graphics card). Due to an aggressive form of power management for the audio system, when I have some speakers plugged into the headphones socket, the line is turned off with a loud...
  9. Registry Resets values after reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry Resets values after reboot.: So I've had this issue the entire time that I've had this computer. The first issue was that my speakers would make a loud pop before audio and a loud pop after audio. And to fix it what I did was go into system registry, go to...
  10. registry return value

in Windows 10 Customization
    registry return value: hello Champs, I use one app to return a value in the browser in the following form: the registry entry is now: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" %1 the result in the IE browser is: http://SR:123456789/ is it possible to change the registry entry so that it...