Windows 10: registry: can I delete it this file or folder and how do I do it

Discus and support registry: can I delete it this file or folder and how do I do it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had a nine year old gateway m-6750 lap top giving to me.It had vista on it I did a clean install of windows 7 premium Then did a clean install of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JerryBushey, Nov 9, 2018.

1. registry: can I delete it this file or folder and how do I do it

I had a nine year old gateway m-6750 lap top giving to me.It had vista on it I did a clean install of windows 7 premium Then did a clean install of windows 10. So far windows 10 is running perfect. I have been going thru ever file and folder one by one and deleting everthing I can find that had anything to do with windows 7 and so everything is going good The only thing left on this lap top is a folder called (NTUSER.DAT) I opened it and in the drop down box opened it says options I opened it and it says downloads Iclicked down loads and nothing downloaded so I went to (REGEDIT) and went to HKEY-CURRENT-USER>NTUSER.DAT. and could,nt find anything to do with ntuser, So my question is can I delete it this file or folder and how do I do it.By the way the file was created in 2009 and the new windows 10 was installed 10-27-2018.

:)

JerryBushey, Nov 9, 2018

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused registry: can I delete it this file or folder and how do I do it :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well registry: can I delete it this file or folder and how do I do it :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 9, 2018
  3. DCnewbie Win User
    How do I delete registry files?

I have some programs which I deleted from "Add/Remove Programs" and I want to make sure they are deleted... where do I go to delete these files in my registry?

Also, I know there is a website where you can type in the name of programs running in the registry files to check if they are legitimate... where can I check my programs?

Thanks for any help!
    DC

DCnewbie, Nov 9, 2018
  4. registry: can I delete it this file or folder and how do I do it

How do I delete registry files?

type in regedit in the search box and press enter. Then from here on, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING UNLESS U KNOW WHAT UR DOING!! Go to Hkey_Local_Machine > Software > Then a list of program registry keys will pop up, delete anything that is uninstalled. Make sure u backup the keys unless something goes wrong. To backup, you do: Select a group of keys on the left pane > Right click > Export > name it "whatever.reg" > save it. To import the backup, click the reg file and click "merge"

spearman914, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

registry: can I delete it this file or folder and how do I do it

1. registry: can I delete it this file or folder and how do I do it - Similar Threads - registry delete file

2. Folder is not Deleted? what can i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder is not Deleted? what can i do?: I have a folder in F/ drive. I want to delete this. Before I had deleted that but the folder come back again. I had formated the F/ Drive but that was not working. What can I do now?...
  3. Folder is not Deleted? what can i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder is not Deleted? what can i do?: I have a folder in F/ drive. I want to delete this. Before I had deleted that but the folder come back again. I had formated the F/ Drive but that was not working. What can I do now?...
  4. Folder is not Deleted? what can i do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete this folder?: Yesterday, I copied Windows Folder, but I'm stuck. How do I delete this?On DATA D: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-this-folder/72e9625d-cc3e-4d1a-bbea-8a663de7576f
  6. How do I delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete this folder?: Yesterday, I copied Windows Folder, but I'm stuck. How do I delete this?On DATA D: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-this-folder/72e9625d-cc3e-4d1a-bbea-8a663de7576f
  7. How do I delete this folder?

8. How Do I Delete Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Delete Folders: Greatings, today I was cleaning up my gear and then I saw that it has some folders of programs that i was uninstalled recently, some of this files wasn't able to delete as the normal ways like just clicking delete button or SHIFT + Delete. I dont have a clear ask for this but...
  9. How Do I Delete Folders

How Do I Delete Folders: Greatings, today I was cleaning up my gear and then I saw that it has some folders of programs that i was uninstalled recently, some of this files wasn't able to delete as the normal ways like just clicking delete button or SHIFT + Delete. I dont have a clear ask for this but...
  10. can I delete notepad and how do I do that

can I delete notepad and how do I do that: can I delete NOTEPAD and how do I do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-notepad-and-how-do-i-do-that/dcf19cad-c9c8-467c-b80a-745799da45b9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete text file using registry

2. how do I delete a file in my C: drive registery using windows 10