Windows 10: Registry change being reset

Discus and support Registry change being reset in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently bought a Dell G5 5590 i7950H laptop (with SSD and GeForce RTX 2060 6GB graphics card). Due to an aggressive form of power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AshleyJT, Oct 23, 2020.

1. AshleyJT Win User

Registry change being reset

Hi,

I have recently bought a Dell G5 5590 i7950H laptop (with SSD and GeForce RTX 2060 6GB graphics card).

Due to an aggressive form of power management for the audio system, when I have some speakers plugged into the headphones socket, the line is turned off with a loud popping sound after just a few seconds of not being used...then when I try to play some audio, it turns back on with another loud pop. As I keep playing and stopping audio as part of my work, this is a very annoying problem!

From things I've read, I've worked out that the values in the RealTek registry key below are probably responsible for this, and I keep changing all 3 values to ff ff ff - but on every reboot, they revert back to 0a 00 00 00:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001\PowerSettings

I have tried editing the permissions of the registry key and its subkeys in various ways, including removing all the permissions except Read, and even adding an "Everyone" group which specifically denies all editing permissions - but it doesn't stop the values changing on reboot.

Is there anything else I can try, either in the registry or with some settings elsewhere?

Many thanks,

Ashley

:)

AshleyJT, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 23, 2020
  3. registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Registry change being reset

Can't see Network shares - no Browser in Registry - NetB Scanner shows

FIXED!!
    Finally fixed it. Not sure how - but after working on it all day again, and trying multiple suggestions, it all working.
    I also went into registry (via Tutorial on how to change "network name". There where several profiles under the computer MIKE. I deleted all but one and renamed that one to "network" (was Network 4).

The last step was to do a "Network Reset" on all computers. I had tried that before and it didn't work but probably one of the other changes along with the reset was the final fix.

CountryBumkin, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Registry change being reset

1. Registry change being reset - Similar Threads - Registry change being

2. Windows Registry reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Registry reset: Hi, I reset my laptops Registry because of it missing some power plans most likely because I went and edit the Registry a month ago because I was logged into a temp profile. ^Photo It's been resetting for more than 10 minutes. I followed a Youtube tutorial Link here: 29 How...
  3. Windows Registry reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Registry reset: Hi, I reset my laptops Registry because of it missing some power plans most likely because I went and edit the Registry a month ago because I was logged into a temp profile. ^Photo It's been resetting for more than 10 minutes. I followed a Youtube tutorial Link here: 29 How...
  4. Windows Registry reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Resetting registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resetting registry: So I was trying to move my downloads and documents folder from my OneDrive folder to another location on my SSD. I tried this method but it didn't work. I forgot to make a backup of my registry files before I made these changes. Now, some of my applications, like Steam, and...
  6. Resetting Registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting Registry: I've wanted to reset my registry, but for some reason it gave me an error and a couple keys didn't change back to their standard values. I'm using windows 10, 2004 and was wondering if i could get a screenshot of this specific key and it's default values. Since i couldn't...
  7. Registry alterations keep being reset to original values

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry alterations keep being reset to original values: I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop with Realtek sound card and Waves Maxx Audio software, which after 10-12 seconds idle, turns off the output signal in the headphone/aux jack. Every time it reactivates, my speakers pop loud. I found out that there's a register entry that...
  8. Undo registry changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Undo registry changes: So some time ago I made a .reg file to change the windows default font. How do I undo these changes? Like it works but not all the time, sometimes there are these block placeholders in some places. I followed this guide. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/HighwayMcGee...
  9. Colors Registry is not being applied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Colors Registry is not being applied: I changed my hot tracking color to green (0 204 0) by modifying the HotTrackingColor key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Colors. Here it is on a blue background color. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Unfortunately, the hot tracking color changes back to blue after I lock and...
  10. Backup Registry, Reset Windows, and Restore Registry afterwards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Registry, Reset Windows, and Restore Registry afterwards: This could be one of the ridiculous post have ever made. But, I have been wondering what will happen if I backup all of the registry keys, reset Windows 10, and then restore the registry keys? Will it affect device driver? Will the device be bricked? 62996