Windows 10: Registry Cleaning tools

Discus and support Registry Cleaning tools in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been a long time user of certain utilities that automate the general health status of the PC This includes such cleansing as unnecessary file... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JustWilliammm, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Registry Cleaning tools

I have been a long time user of certain utilities that automate the general health status of the PC

This includes such cleansing as unnecessary file removal - registry cleaning - bleaching of free space among others.

Now I find that enhancement of such application may not include registry cleaning in the future.

As the application performs its tasks I observe the numbers of registry issues it appears to resolve.

I am now wondering ?

Is this all gimmickry?

If it is no longer done by this third party app then what ultimately happens to the registry?

Will it become corrupt?

Does W10 require this level of maintenance?

Are there Microsoft tools embedded or available to carry out these tasks - if indeed they are necessary at all.

It just feels a bit fake that I have believed that I was doing the right thing for a long time but now the "experts" at "******" are implying it is not necessary.

They didn't say that when they sold it to me - very much the opposite.

Was it ever necessary ?

Do Microsoft endorse such cleansing.

:)

JustWilliammm, Jan 5, 2020
  2. KBD
    KBD Win User

A driver cleaner tool for IGP???

good question. i assumed Driver Sweeper did IGP as well, guess not. Perhaps you should try to do a manual clean up. Try erocker's guide for driver cleaning:

How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

I personally clean the registry with registry cleaning tools after uninstalling via Add/Remove and then do what erocker suggested. In you case minus Driver Sweeper.

3. DCnewbie Win User
    Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Registry Cleaning tools

Problem with APK Registry Cleaning Engine 2002++ SR-7

Everytime I try and start APK Registry Cleaning Engine 2002++ SR-7 I get this really slow window that starts to open. The program itself says it running but it looks more like a virus or something (I know its not). I downloaded it from the download section. Any suggestions?

TheMailMan78, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Registry Cleaning tools

1. Registry Cleaning tools - Similar Threads - Registry Cleaning tools

2. Cleaning registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cleaning registry: I recently had some problems with a software. It behaved very weird. I already tried uninstalling (with clean registry entries) and removed any files that I could find(and delete) related to that software. Didn’t work. Would running Ccleaner registry cleaner help? After...
  3. Cleaning registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cleaning registry: Is there any native method to clean my system registry from my past installed programs ? Or, what kind of software should I used for this task, safely ? I am using Win10, 64bit, version 1909. 158568
  4. How to clean registry?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clean registry?: hi, I have a lot of leftovers from files I deleted or uninstalled, how do I clean it in registry? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clean-registry/d18cb75d-6e3e-4059-bf50-1c59e1588556"
  5. Good cleaning tool for windows ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Good cleaning tool for windows ?: I want some suggestions , i really need a good cleanup tool for windows , because you all know , useless files appear in your pc everyday and they will just make your pc slower . Sometimes I use the disk cleanup tool integrated in windows , but i dont think it is good enough...
  6. Is it safe to clean windows registry?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it safe to clean windows registry?: Does cleaning windows registry using a third party app safe and does it really increase PC performance ? If safe, then how should we clean windows registry?...
  7. Registry restoration on a clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry restoration on a clean install: I recently had to do a clean install for windows 10 due to my computer deadlocking twice a day randomly. I backed up every application and even created a backup of my computer's registry in regedit before committing to a clean install. When I finished with reinstalling...
  8. Disk Clean up tool

Disk Clean up tool: When I run the disk cleanup tool, it leaves over 5 GB of files in IE Temp files. CCleaner does not remove them either. [img] 79688
  9. Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning: Hello, Recently when I ran Ccleaner to chk the registry, there were many 'Application paths Issues' from the downloads folder. These download items are not anymore in the downloads folder, some download items were deleted, some others were used such as videos, music,...
  10. Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning: Forgive me if this isn't the right thread to put this in. I have used CCleaner since Windows 7, 8, and 8.1. I am debating on installing it on Windows 10 right now but I've heard some things about Reg Cleaning. I was wondering if it really is bad to run reg cleaners and if so...