Windows 10: Registry Cleaning

Discus and support Registry Cleaning in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Recently when I ran Ccleaner to chk the registry, there were many 'Application paths Issues' from the downloads folder. These download items... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Motim, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Registry Cleaning

Hello,
    Recently when I ran Ccleaner to chk the registry, there were many 'Application paths Issues' from the downloads folder. These download items are not anymore in the downloads folder, some download items were deleted, some others were used such as videos, music, programs to install,
    images etc.. However, nothing of these items are not in this folder any more.
    In the registry they are in the 'store' section (as on screenshot attached). Will it be safe to select all of them and delete them to clean a little the registry ?
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Registry Cleaning [​IMG]

:)

Motim, Feb 23, 2017
  2. tooney(2) Win User

Suggestion - Registry Clean Up

Most of the people who read and respond on this forum are not Microsoft employees. To provide feedback to MS developers, use the Feedback Hub application that comes with Windows 10.

tooney(2), Feb 23, 2017
  3. Nic727 Win User
    Suggestion - Registry Clean Up

Hi,

I think it's time for Microsoft to have a Registry cleaner as part of the system clean up software. Why do you ask?

Because the registry is full of unwanted files that make the PC working slowly or have some weird glitches. For example, I'm trying to clean some files in my Nvidia Settings and there is this little program that can't be removed, that I never installed and
    it's just bugging me. So I went in the registry to delete all stuffs with the same name and there was a lot! I also found some old placeholder like BingNews for the News app.

I think it would be a great idea sometimes to just clean up old and unwanted files. I know they don't have a big size, but sometimes it's just adding complexity to everything. So a Registry Clean Up where it find registry that weren't used for the last couple
    of months or don't have the required program to run and delete them.

What do you think?

Thank you

Nic727, Feb 23, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Registry Cleaning

Probably, but there's little to be gained by cleaning the registry - it won't make the PC any faster. Safest to leave the registry alone. There's always a risk you may 'clean' something important by mistake.

I use Ccleaner too, but ONLY for junk files - never the registry.

5. LMiller7 Win User
    I am not a fan of registry cleaners. There are all kinds of potential problems with registry cleaners. The problem is that there is no completely reliable way to determine if a registry entry is unneeded or in error. As a result a registry cleaner must frequently guess. Usually it guesses right, sometimes not. Then you have a problem.

LMiller7, Feb 23, 2017
  6. CCleaner's reg cleaner is very basic, thus very safe. Reg cleaners are mostly important only for people, who like their privacy or who like to run a problem free PC, since prevention is better than a possible cure.

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Registry Cleaning

1. Registry Cleaning - Similar Threads - Registry Cleaning

2. Cleaning the registry after HDD failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cleaning the registry after HDD failure: HiI have a Z Book with a small primary drive, and a 1TB Secondary drive.Due to the small primary drive I install most of the programs on the secondary drive.Unfortunately, this secondary drive has failed. It has been replaced with a new SSD drive.The problem is, I cannot use...
  3. Cleaning the registry after HDD failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cleaning the registry after HDD failure: HiI have a Z Book with a small primary drive, and a 1TB Secondary drive.Due to the small primary drive I install most of the programs on the secondary drive.Unfortunately, this secondary drive has failed. It has been replaced with a new SSD drive.The problem is, I cannot use...
  4. Cleaning the registry after HDD failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Which utility for registry cleaning/maintenance do you recommend?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which utility for registry cleaning/maintenance do you recommend?: Hi everyone, which utility for registry cleaning/maintenance do you recommend? I'm using Wise Registry Cleaner FREE. Do you recommend anything else? Which is the absolute best free or commercial? And which is instead the best free?Thanks in advance....
  6. Which utility for registry cleaning/maintenance do you recommend?

Which utility for registry cleaning/maintenance do you recommend?: Hi everyone, which utility for registry cleaning/maintenance do you recommend? I'm using Wise Registry Cleaner FREE. Do you recommend anything else? Which is the absolute best free or commercial? And which is instead the best free?Thanks in advance....
  7. clean disk deletes registry and old and new data also can i restore it or if i converted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean disk deletes registry and old and new data also can i restore it or if i converted...: clean disk deletes registry and old and new data also can i restore it or if i converted gpt to mbr before or after all data lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-disk-deletes-registry-and-old-and-new-data/ffd8637f-98d7-4807-93bd-36733ab27b79
  8. clean disk deletes registry and old and new data also can i restore it or if i converted...

clean disk deletes registry and old and new data also can i restore it or if i converted...: clean disk deletes registry and old and new data also can i restore it or if i converted gpt to mbr before or after all data lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-disk-deletes-registry-and-old-and-new-data/ffd8637f-98d7-4807-93bd-36733ab27b79
  9. clean disk deletes registry and old and new data also can i restore it or if i converted...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. i need help with my windows and registry cleaning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i need help with my windows and registry cleaning: this post was super unhelpful*https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-cleaner-for-windows-10/fb7b8fbb-4380-4876-8515-2aebf4744259*because... well lets face it... there was no info about anything, just people talking :so, my situation is really...