Windows 10: Registry color Keys

Discus and support Registry color Keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Playing around with themes and making changes so trying to get a handle on a few things. Questions: What is the difference between HKCU\Control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OldGuyFromCdn, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Registry color Keys

Playing around with themes and making changes so trying to get a handle on a few things. Questions:

What is the difference between HKCU\Control Panel\Colors and HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Colors ? They have several keys named the same but with different values so I'm curious what the difference between them is.

Also, when using S.M.A.C.C. which of the two does it affect ?

:)

OldGuyFromCdn, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Darkfalz Win User

Can NOT remove ATITool registry key!

It's low priority to stop ATITool from making undeletable class keys in the reigstry?

That's about one rung above spyware.

What bothers me most is that I'm pretty sure you can't protect a registry key by any simple means, something must still be running somewhat that is protecting that key. Even after I manually removed the service. That's what bothers me.

Darkfalz, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Colors Registry is not being applied

I changed my hot tracking color to green (0 204 0) by modifying the HotTrackingColor key in
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Colors. Here it is on a blue background color.

Registry color Keys 447169bd-0294-4fd6-af16-fb48fb87f6b9?upload=true.png

Registry color Keys 61e1f83b-b960-4478-8463-837630e3f36f?upload=true.png

Unfortunately, the hot tracking color changes back to blue after I lock and unlock Windows, or if I hibernate. But the
    actual value in the registry does not change, even though the hot tracking changes visually. So the hot tracking color looks blue, but the value of the key stays (0 204 0) after I unlock Windows. What I've tried:

• I tried to deny the SYSTEM permission to change the Colors
    • I tried to make Task Scheduler to run the registry change every time the user unlocks and locks the machine
    Neither of those fixes work, and I have absolutely no idea why. Where is Windows getting its Colors settings from when it unlocks the system?

I have Windows 10 Pro version 1903, but the issue persisted in the previous version as well.

Okay Google, Dec 18, 2019
  4. asyntax Win User

Registry color Keys

ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Registry color Keys

1. Registry color Keys - Similar Threads - Registry color Keys

2. Registry Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Key: hello, I'm wondering if this value found in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows is normal.the value name is "Load" with the value data of "C:\Windows\System32\msn.exe, C:\Windows\System32\msh.exe"thank you...
  3. Permanently change highlight color in registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently change highlight color in registry: I have changed the highlight color in registry Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors under "Hilight" to be deep blue 0 0 128, after restarting the computer the changes are effective, but for some reason after some time the changes are simply reverted to a lighter...
  4. Permanently change highlight color in registry

Permanently change highlight color in registry: I have changed the highlight color in registry Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors under "Hilight" to be deep blue 0 0 128, after restarting the computer the changes are effective, but for some reason after some time the changes are simply reverted to a lighter...
  5. Permanently change highlight color in registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Registry key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry key: How do I fix requested registry key not allowed in msi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-key/62df446d-c4af-49b0-b902-eb1898ce55b5
  7. Windows color custom -Registry Key

Windows color custom -Registry Key: Hi All, Could you please help me with the registry key to set the Windows accent color custom on Windows 10 1909 ? We have to add it in the SCCM Task Sequence. We tried using the below and it did not worked as expected HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors /v Window...
  8. Black color for Edge With registry key

Black color for Edge With registry key: Good morning I tried with an old registry key but it doesn't work for me: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...
  9. Colors Registry is not being applied

Colors Registry is not being applied: I changed my hot tracking color to green (0 204 0) by modifying the HotTrackingColor key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Colors. Here it is on a blue background color. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Unfortunately, the hot tracking color changes back to blue after I lock and...
  10. Registry keys registry keys

Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822