Windows 10: Registry Corruption Too?

Discus and support Registry Corruption Too? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What tool is recommended to fix registry corruption? Thx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeggyWalton1, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Registry Corruption Too?

What tool is recommended to fix registry corruption?

Thx

:)

PeggyWalton1, Dec 3, 2018

2. Corrupted registry

Hi,

Your concern occurs due to some corruption on your system files. We suggest that you try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To perform this, follow the steps on this link.
    Steps mentioned on the link for Windows 8 and 8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Method 2: Run DISM commands.

Follow the steps below on how to run the DISM commands:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command Prompt .

• In the Command Prompt, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command.

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Justin Emb, Dec 3, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Frogger Win User

Registry Corruption Too?

Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Registry Corruption Too?

1. Registry Corruption Too? - Similar Threads - Registry Corruption Too

2. Registry database corrupted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Registry database corrupted: So i uninstalled my nvidia drivers as i was having issues with shadowplay and attempted to reinstall them, reinstall was unsuccessful so i tried an auto install of my graphics driver from device manager where it gave me the error that the registry database is corrupted....
  3. Corrupted Registries Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupted Registries Help: Hi, here's a rundown of everything that went wrong 1. Laptop crashed due to a battery problem 2. Upon rebooting I cannot open image files due to not having proper access 3. After diagnosing PC, recycle bin was found to be corrupted 4. Clicked empty recycle bin, needed...
  4. Registry Database is Corrupt

Registry Database is Corrupt: I am attempting to install drivers for my GeForce 1080ti however I keep receiving a message "The Registry Database Is Corrupt" Not sure what the issue is. I have attempting using the nvidia installer also and just received a failed message. Any help please?...
  5. registry database corrupt

registry database corrupt: I recently came home and my computer was not responding to any mouse or keyboard clicks, so I unplugged it and restarted it. Apparently there was an update in progress and where it formerly recognized two monitors it now only recognizes one. It uses the generic Windows...
  6. Corrupt Registry Database

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupt Registry Database: Hello everyone. I am having this problem where i can't access my files like microsoftword. It says The configuration registry database is corrupt. Please refer to the picture below... Please help me with this. I don't know what to do. [IMG]...
  7. possible registry corruption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    possible registry corruption: Hi, so today I installed a trial version of Vegas video editing software. I tried it out and, it wasn't what I was expecting so I immediately uninstalled it. After uninstalling it I saw all the files still in my C drive so I went and did a system restore. Unfortunately it got...
  8. Configuration Registry Corrupted!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Configuration Registry Corrupted!: Hello, so recently I had to download iTunes on my computer so I can put some music on my friend's iPod. I noticed when iTunes installed, it rolled back the installation of AMS (Apple Mobile Support) driver. Because of this, I was not able to connect said iPod to my...
  9. Corrupted registry....

Corrupted registry....: I have a corrupted registry, the entry for my DVD unit. If I go to the Device Manager it tells me: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) I have tried everything. Booting from...
  10. registry editor is corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    registry editor is corrupt: Hi. I did a restore of my laptop and the registry seems to be corrupt. I am trying to rename my user folder from nadin to sister5091. I followed the directions from this website: How to rename the user profile folder in Windows 10 (C:\Users\Username), I followed the...