Windows 10: Registry Edit Languages Displayed / Selectable In Language Bar

Discus and support Registry Edit Languages Displayed / Selectable In Language Bar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There are cases where suddenly a language (keyboard layout) not selected anywhere in the proper route of adding a language to windows is suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Registry Edit Languages Displayed / Selectable In Language Bar

There are cases where suddenly a language (keyboard layout) not selected anywhere in the proper route of adding a language to windows is suddenly showing in Language Bar as a keyboard layout , and one of my laptops is currently a victim to that . I have tried the normal routines , like attempting to remove all languages and keep only English but that stray layout remained selectable in Language Bar however . Tried the registry key : IgnoreRemoteKeyboardLayout , but it was still there Tried removing the registry key : Keyboard Layout\Preload , but it was still there Now why I hate this layout for being there is simply because I am used to switching between both languages via keyboard shortcut Alt + Shift , where shifting between 2 languages is convenient that way but shifting between 3 of them always lead to selection errors , typos and time waste . So bottom line I need a mean to just delete that layout off the bar if possible by any hacky mean since all legit routs are closed .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Jul 6, 2021
  2. RFC3514 Win User

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Jul 6, 2021
  3. fyrekrig Win User
    Language Bar Display

The language bar only displays 3 squares when Thai keyboard is used.
    How to get it to display properly?

Registry Edit Languages Displayed / Selectable In Language Bar [​IMG]

In Windows 7 it is displayed properly or (TH)

fyrekrig, Jul 6, 2021
  4. fyrekrig Win User

Registry Edit Languages Displayed / Selectable In Language Bar

Language Bar Display

Have reinstalled. Same thing.
    Changing between input llanguages works fine as well as typing.

Only language bar display looks weired

fyrekrig, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

Registry Edit Languages Displayed / Selectable In Language Bar

1. Registry Edit Languages Displayed / Selectable In Language Bar - Similar Threads - Registry Edit Languages

2. How to replace foreign display language in Single Language Edition with English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace foreign display language in Single Language Edition with English: I have a HP Pavilion laptop with WIN 10 Single Language Portuguese Brazil that wish to remove and replace with English USA . Do NOT wish to keep Portuguese display language, but remove completely and replace with English, respecting the single language of my WIN 10 license....
  3. How to replace foreign display language in Single Language Edition with English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to replace foreign display language in Single Language Edition with English: I have a HP Pavilion laptop with WIN 10 Single Language Portuguese Brazil that wish to remove and replace with English USA . Do NOT wish to keep Portuguese display language, but remove completely and replace with English, respecting the single language of my WIN 10 license....
  4. Language Stuck on Language Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Stuck on Language Bar: Hello there,I recently bought a new laptop and was installing languages I need on it. As a Japanese learner, I need Japanese and I'm in the UK so I got the English UK pack, too, however, there is now an English US language stuck on the language bar. I know it's not a big...
  5. Language Stuck on Language Bar

Language Stuck on Language Bar: Hello there,I recently bought a new laptop and was installing languages I need on it. As a Japanese learner, I need Japanese and I'm in the UK so I got the English UK pack, too, however, there is now an English US language stuck on the language bar. I know it's not a big...
  6. I can't view or delete a language in display language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't view or delete a language in display language bar: I already tried with PowerShell but it also doesn't appear there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-view-or-delete-a-language-in-display/875cfa08-15bb-494d-a55d-4271b1e75df7
  7. I can't view or delete a language in display language bar

I can't view or delete a language in display language bar: I already tried with PowerShell but it also doesn't appear there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-view-or-delete-a-language-in-display/875cfa08-15bb-494d-a55d-4271b1e75df7
  8. Residual Languages on Language Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Residual Languages on Language Bar: I use English UK and Greek, as my input languages in windows 10. The problem is that in the language bar that pops up with "win key + space bar" there are 2 more languages Greek with latin characters and English US. These 2 do not show in my language preferences or anywhere...
  9. Language Bar Display

in Windows 10 Support
    Language Bar Display: The language bar only displays 3 squares when Thai keyboard is used. How to get it to display properly? [img] [img] In Windows 7 it is displayed properly or (TH) 97435
  10. Change Display language on HOME edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Display language on HOME edition: my laptop was delivered in my native language, Dutch. However, I always work in English and prefer that the Display language is also English My start Menu says " instellingen" and not " Setteings" I followed the instructions added a language in the settings menu...