Windows 10: [Registry edit] Set default color for File Menu bar to black

Discus and support [Registry edit] Set default color for File Menu bar to black in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, When activating windows black mode, the default window color for the Title bar and File Menu bar is unchanged. Applications like windows'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Irau, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Irau Win User

[Registry edit] Set default color for File Menu bar to black

Hi,

When activating windows black mode, the default window color for the Title bar and File Menu bar is unchanged. Applications like windows' defaults have to provide a dark theme that includes window color modification, or else it will appear white f.i. atom editor without specific package.

I managed to find in registry how to modify default Title bar color; but the File Menu bar remains white c.f. snip below. I will continue searching; but do someone know which registry key to edit in order to change that ?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Br,

Paul

[Registry edit] Set default color for File Menu bar to black ffc22d0d-37de-474e-a222-5c3dfad6b081?upload=true.png

:)

2. Change Cortana's search bar color to BLACK

Recently (1 or 2 weeks ago), my Cortana search bar color changed from the default black to white. I want the black color again. I found a registry fix at Ten
    Forums
    but i have to apply the registry file everytime i restart my pc. I want a permanent fix for this problem please help.

ahmedaliaunali, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    default colors

Hi Dimples,

If you want to restore the default color settings on your PC, try these steps:

• In the Search bar, type Settings, and then press
      Enter.
    • Click on Personalization, and then choose Colors.
    • Under Choose a color (Automatically pick an accent color from my background), set the toggle button to
      On.
    • Set the toggle button to Off for the following:
    • Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar
    • Make Start, taskbar, and action center transparent

For additional help, here's how to restore the default theme settings in Windows 10:

• Go to Settings> Personalization > Themes >
      Theme Settings.
    • Choose any option under Windows Default Themes.

To Personalize your PC, see this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Aug 15, 2020
  4. [Registry edit] Set default color for File Menu bar to black

Explorer title bar text color too bright grey

To change the title bar colors in Windows 10, you can use the built-in colors by changing the High Contrast Settings without editing the registry.

Here are the steps:

• Click Start, and then click Settings.
    • Click Ease of Access, and then click High contrast.
    • Choose a theme. You can also change the colors for the Text, Hyperlinks, Disabled Text, Selected Text, Button Text and Background on this option.
    • Click Apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

[Registry edit] Set default color for File Menu bar to black

1. [Registry edit] Set default color for File Menu bar to black - Similar Threads - Registry edit Set

2. Is it possible to change the color of the menu bar (File, Edit, etc.)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the color of the menu bar (File, Edit, etc.): [ATTACH] I've been trying to find a way to change the color of the menu bar for applications (the bar that offers the File, Edit, Help, etc. options): https://preview.redd.it/xth0qjpqg1491.png?width=1229&format=png&auto=webp&s=776cb4f1d326e343b7ed51aea6db992ba72f8ead But...
  3. Default Color Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Color Settings: I need to reset my default colors because I messed my colors up so badly. Can Microsoft help with that or do I need to contact Compaq monitor or Dell Desktop PC? I have Windows 10. Thanks....
  4. Default Color Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Color Settings: I need to reset my default colors because I messed my colors up so badly. Can Microsoft help with that or do I need to contact Compaq monitor or Dell Desktop PC? I have Windows 10. Thanks....
  5. Default Color Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Black color for Edge With registry key

Black color for Edge With registry key: Good morning I tried with an old registry key but it doesn't work for me: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...
  7. Start Menu registry settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu registry settings: I'm trying to deploy a custom Start Menuvia LGPO PC's and plan on having a full screen start menu with pinned tiles. But somewhere in the org's image/deployment of W10 which includes a customised Start Menu it will create a maximum tile size of 2x2. Even going into the XML...
  8. setting registry settings to default

in Cortana
    setting registry settings to default: I downloaded iobit advanced system care and CCleaner to get more storage but it made some changes to the Windows registry due to which, my search bar is displaying correct results. I tried searching for troubleshooting and add or remove a program, but no or incorrect result...
  9. How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry?

How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry?: Is it possible to set a custom active title bar color via the Registry? This works for the inactive title bar color: Code: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v "AccentColorInactive" /t REG_DWORD /d "your color here" /f[/quote] 115714
  10. setting colors back to default

setting colors back to default: In Windows 10, is there a way to set the colors and themes back to default? 113412

Users found this page by searching for:

1. menu bar color windows10

2. Change menu bar color Windows 10