Windows 10: Registry Editing after USB Tethering Created Networks

Discus and support Registry Editing after USB Tethering Created Networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I followed the directions on the thread for USB Tethering creating new names each time. I would like to clean up my Windows 10 registry. There are 14... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by R.F.M., Apr 19, 2019.

1. R.F.M. Win User

Registry Editing after USB Tethering Created Networks

I followed the directions on the thread for USB Tethering creating new names each time. I would like to clean up my Windows 10 registry. There are 14 folders in my Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0007 Key. They are numbered 0000 through 0014. I was wondering could I delete those folders. (I backed up my Registry.) My biggest concern is deleting the key 0000.

:)

R.F.M., Apr 19, 2019

2. USB Tethering creating new names each time.

Hi,

I have the same problem. And it seems to be a universal one. Stack Exchange has a solution:

Prevent Windows From Creating New Network Names when Tethering with Android

The only downside is that the network icon in the notification area doesn't work properly. Is there a way to stop adding new names AND make the network icon work?

Regarding your questions:

• Windows 10 is updated
    • drivers are updated
    • This issue always occured. (started using usb tethering one week ago)

Regards

Martin HUQ, Apr 19, 2019
  3. 70f9 Win User
    Usb tethering of android phone creates new network location.

Every time i reconnect my android phone to my pc via usb tether it creates a new network location even though the device has not changed. is there a way to configure my pc so that it recognises this device each time it is connected without having to create
    a new network location?.

4. Registry Editing after USB Tethering Created Networks

USB Tethering creating new names each time.

Hi,

The issue you're experiencing might be due to a variety of reasons.

Having said that, please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about your concern:

• Is your Windows 10 updated?
    • Are your drivers up-to-date, especially your network adapter? If not, you can follow the steps found on this
      link on how to update your drivers in Windows 10. You can also check your manufacturer's
      website for the updated network drivers.
    • When did the issue start? Have you tried USB tethering before without your PC creating a new network name? If yes, what are the recent changes made before the issue start?

In the meantime, you can follow the steps on how to repair network connection issues in Windows 10 from this
    link.

Also, let's make sure that automatic proxy detection is turned
    OFF:

• Press the Windows + I keys from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Choose Proxy from the left pane.
    • Make sure that "Automatically detect settings" option is toggled to
      OFF.

Let us know if the same issue occurs after following the above mentioned steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Registry Editing after USB Tethering Created Networks

1. Registry Editing after USB Tethering Created Networks - Similar Threads - Registry Editing USB

2. USB Tethering - Unidentified Network Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Tethering - Unidentified Network Win10: Hi, I mainly use USB tethering to connect to the internet on my PC because my LAN port's unresponsive and I don't have a Wi-Fi adapter. But now whenever I try to connect my phone, turn on USB tethering, Windows 10 is unable to identify the network, it just says Unidentified...
  3. USB Tethering - Unidentified Network Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Tethering - Unidentified Network Win10: Hi, I mainly use USB tethering to connect to the internet on my PC because my LAN port's unresponsive and I don't have a Wi-Fi adapter. But now whenever I try to connect my phone, turn on USB tethering, Windows 10 is unable to identify the network, it just says Unidentified...
  4. USB Tethering - Unidentified Network Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB tethering creates a new network connection every time it's connected to the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB tethering creates a new network connection every time it's connected to the system: every time I connect the laptop for internet via USB tethering to my mobile phone, it creates a new network connection, which seems to be very annoying since am using the same mobile phone, the same cable, still it occurs the same way, tried for so many methods present on the...
  6. USB tethering creates a new network connection every time it's connected to the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB tethering creates a new network connection every time it's connected to the system: every time I connect the laptop for internet via USB tethering to my mobile phone, it creates a new network connection, which seems to be very annoying since am using the same mobile phone, the same cable, still it occurs the same way, tried for so many methods present on the...
  7. USB Tethering

USB Tethering: Hi! I am already sittting on this problem for multiple hours now. I tried to connect my phone per USB Tethering, like I normally and have normally done, for the past couple weeks, since my Router went bye-bye. But this time, it wouldn´t connect. I tried fixing it by not...
  8. USB TETHERING

USB TETHERING: Hello, Usb tethering isn't working for me. i tried everything. Different usb cable, restarting pc and phone, updating pc and phone. I tried to go to device manager and fix it through there but i couldn't find Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device. Can anyone please...
  9. USB Tethering ALWAYS creates new network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Tethering ALWAYS creates new network: Whenever I USB Tether my phone to access internet, it creates new network similar to the attached picture. The only solution that managed to work with me is the registry tweak in the comments but this doesn't show that you're connected in the task bar and UWP apps can't...
  10. Usb Tethering

Usb Tethering: Something unusual is happening with me... i was unable to connect to a minecraft server due to slow internet connection but when i connect via usb Tethering it give me a boost enough to connect in that server or any else but the weird thing is that within 5-10 sec my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb tethering creates multiple networks