Windows 10: Registry Editor disabling Task Manager at startup

Discus and support Registry Editor disabling Task Manager at startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few days back a popup began to appear on startup with Registry Editor asking admin access I accepted then I realised my Task Manager has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ParitoshMalik, May 3, 2020.

1. Registry Editor disabling Task Manager at startup

A few days back a popup began to appear on startup with Registry Editor asking admin access I accepted then I realised my Task Manager has been disabled. I enabled it from regedit and restarted same popup appears and if I click yes Task Manager is disable and remains enabled if I click no.

This problem doesn't occur in safe mode but occurs in diagonist boot, so I guess some Microsoft service is causing this

Thanks for help in advance.

:)

ParitoshMalik, May 3, 2020

2. Task Manager-Startup

Here are three methods to invoke a task:

1. By placing a program or a shortcut into this folder:

c:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    2. By specifying it in this registry location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    3. By creating a scheduled task that gets triggered at startup or at logon time.

Frederik Long, May 3, 2020
  3. Startup in Task Manager

Hello, I am an independent advisor and would happy to help you with this. If you bring up your start menu, and in the search bar, type Task Manager. At the top of the Task Manager box, you should see a tab called Startup. Is the program that you want to
    disable listed? If so, right click on the program and click disable. Reboot and that program should no longer run at startup.

NateLindberg, May 3, 2020
  4. Registry Editor disabling Task Manager at startup

Unknown Program in Task Manager - > Startup

3. There you will find startup items for current users which are stored in the Registry.To delete an item, right click it and choose Delete.
    Enjoy.

FahimFaisal96, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Registry Editor disabling Task Manager at startup

1. Registry Editor disabling Task Manager at startup - Similar Threads - Registry Editor disabling

2. Can’t open task manager, services, or registry editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open task manager, services, or registry editor: I ended some services that used up a lot of disk usage, and I believe I accidentally closed out of a service that had something to do with system32 and now I can’t open none of them to fix it. Is there any work around?...
  3. Can’t open task manager, services, or registry editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t open task manager, services, or registry editor: I ended some services that used up a lot of disk usage, and I believe I accidentally closed out of a service that had something to do with system32 and now I can’t open none of them to fix it. Is there any work around?...
  4. Cannot open files like task manager, registry editor, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open files like task manager, registry editor, etc.: Hello Microsoft,Recently i tried installing an application with a .exe file, but it didn't open. So, i tried opening task manager to see what was the matter. I found out that I could not open task manager as well.I tried different procedures and found out that:I couldn't open...
  5. Cannot open files like task manager, registry editor, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open files like task manager, registry editor, etc.: Hello Microsoft,Recently i tried installing an application with a .exe file, but it didn't open. So, i tried opening task manager to see what was the matter. I found out that I could not open task manager as well.I tried different procedures and found out that:I couldn't open...
  6. Windows 10: Administrator User has Task Manager and Registry Editor disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Administrator User has Task Manager and Registry Editor disabled: Good afternoon! I cannot open task manager and registry editor, every time I try it says "[Application] has been disabled by your administrator". I tried searching for ways such as editing the Group Policy, in which I didn't have, so I ended up searching for a way to enable...
  7. My Registry Editors keep getting launch and the Task Manager keep getting disabled at the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Registry Editors keep getting launch and the Task Manager keep getting disabled at the...: Hi, I owned a Windows 10 and after I installed uTorrent suddenly the registry editors window keeps getting launch every time I start the Windows. Plus, my task manager keeps getting disabled as well. I already checked at the StartUp tab on my task manager but I can't find...
  8. How to stop the registry editor disabling task manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop the registry editor disabling task manager.: Every time I boot up my pc, registers editor prompt me and if I click yes it disables task manager and if I click no it doesn’t. I i’ve scanned my pc with MBAM and windows defender but nothing’s coming up, cleaned any bad or invalid registery and that’s not solved. Also...
  9. Task Manager Disable Startup Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Disable Startup Items: I have been doing some research online but unable to find an answer to a question. I have been looking into the methods of disabling auto startup applications within Windows. Before you link articles, I already know about how to disable the auto start programs in Task Manager...
  10. Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Startup: Need to know what startup apps can I safely disable in order to improve startup (I keep getting this notification about these apps slowing down this process) 27416