Windows 10: registry editor is corrupt

Discus and support registry editor is corrupt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I did a restore of my laptop and the registry seems to be corrupt. I am trying to rename my user folder from nadin to sister5091. I followed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by deanie44, Jul 2, 2017.

1. deanie44 Win User

registry editor is corrupt

Hi. I did a restore of my laptop and the registry seems to be corrupt. I am trying to rename my user folder from nadin to sister5091. I followed the directions from this website: How to rename the user profile folder in Windows 10 (C:\Users\Username), I followed the directions. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\. There is no ProfileList. I am confused. Typing winver into the run command brings up a box wit.h Windows 10, but a user name is not listed. Can anyone please help me in changing the user folder to the correct name? Any assistance will be appreciated. *cry

:)

deanie44, Jul 2, 2017
  2. Wilson T Win User

How To: Fix Missing Notifications in Windows 10

I try this this morning, but it's not working.

SFC can't find any corrupt system file.

Is there a way to resolve the issue through the registry editor?

Wilson T, Jul 2, 2017
  3. homebrews Win User
    Registry Editor

Denis,

Many thanks for your help. what you gave was the correct way that I needed. When clicking on the .key, information is entered into the registry which my class reunion program reads the registry message. Without the message being entered, the program owner
    has limited access.

Kim

homebrews, Jul 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, what you are attempting is technically difficult, and it is very easy to make mistakes. Only if you are truly proficient with backing up and securing your PC and using the registry editor should you begin to contemplate doing this. It is not something I can recommend attempting, because it is purely cosmetic and you have a significant chance of rendering your system unusable.

I hope you created a disk image (Or similar) before embarking on this - we strongly and repeatedly recommend the routine use of disk imaging (e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for disk image sets).

Having an appropriate disk image allows you to restore your PC to a previous working state even if your disk fails (new disk) or your PC is unbootable.

- do you mean you used a system restore point? Or some other procedure?

dalchina, Jul 2, 2017
  5. deanie44 Win User
    thank you for answering my post. i do have i disk image. i did a system refresh. any futher assistance will be appreciated.

deanie44, Jul 2, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, you'd be best to restore your disk image (great you're using that) assuming it's recent, and not trying to change the folder name and everything related to that.

dalchina, Jul 2, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Did you read their warning?

The safest way to end up with a user folder in the name you want is to create a new local account in your desired name then move your documents and settings over to it.

Bree, Jul 2, 2017
  8. deanie44 Win User

Thanks dalchina and Bree for your help. I installed a system image and deleted some files. So far everything is working well.
    Thank you.

deanie44, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. registry editor is corrupt - Similar Threads - registry editor corrupt

2. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Editor: Is it a bad policy for anyone to put a screenshot of any part of the Registry Editor here in the Microsoft Community?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editor/0414b1f2-50cf-4d94-9c9f-20665a45b5cb
  3. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry Editor: Is it a bad policy for anyone to put a screenshot of any part of the Registry Editor here in the Microsoft Community?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editor/0414b1f2-50cf-4d94-9c9f-20665a45b5cb
  4. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Editor: I am trying to turn on my kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection, got to the Registry Editor and do to how sensitive this is I would like to ask if I should make a new FeatureSettings called FeatureSettingsOverride? I was following what it says here...
  5. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: I am trying to turn on my kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection, got to the Registry Editor and do to how sensitive this is I would like to ask if I should make a new FeatureSettings called FeatureSettingsOverride? I was following what it says here...
  6. Registry editors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry editors: What is the safest registry editor product for Windows 11 to edit desktop, start menu, taskbar, task tray, and basic program operations options that have been removed over time since Windows 2000? Thank you!...
  7. Registry editors

Registry editors: What is the safest registry editor product for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editors/6183e553-c449-4119-9f14-e55e2eed69d5
  8. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: So I was looking for a way to optimize my pc's gaming performance and I tried optimization tweaks and mistakingly messed wth the registry editor and permissions so if i try to open file explorer or most windows apps like RunTimeBroker it says i either don't have it installed...
  9. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Editor: If I want to be an expert in the registry editor, are there any tutorials or books related to this matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editor/de2a3925-d73c-4187-88e0-b63099179dfd
  10. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Editor: Hi, everyone. I need your help. Ive deleted something in registry editor then i dont have any backup to restore the messed ive done. I want to ask if i change a new os in my laptop is it possible that my registry will be newly again? Your response is very much...