Windows 10: registry editor menu has changed

Discus and support registry editor menu has changed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I open 'regedit' in 'run' the usual HKEY>list does not appear. The left side pane shows only HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT followed by a long alphabetized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by klaro 1590, Jan 29, 2021.

1. registry editor menu has changed

When I open 'regedit' in 'run' the usual HKEY>list does not appear. The left side pane shows only HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT followed by a long alphabetized list of coded words which is gibberish to me. This is not the way registry editor previously displayed when set to run'.

What setting can I change to revert to default list? Hope I've made this problem clear.

I'm trying to remove OneDrive, which is still storing downloads and documents I save in Edge even though I uninstalled it in apps/features and startup long ago. Can't open those files saved in OneDrive.. using Windows 10 19041.685, v. 2004 - Edge 88.0.705.53

:)

klaro 1590, Jan 29, 2021

2. Registry editor

Hi Ruben,

Changes made using the Registry Editor can greatly affect how your system works. Should you wish to undo those changes, we suggest that you restore your system to an earlier state. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

You can also find this
    article
    useful for backing up your files before making changes with your registry.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 29, 2021
  3. YanAndrew Win User
    Registry Editor Missing from Administrative Tools in Start menu

The Registry Editor was never listed in Administrative Tools in the Start menu in the earlier versions of Windows 10 and previous versions of Windows. It is only in the recent couple of Windows 10 updates that it was included there. I guess I only have my itchy hands to blame for manually adding it before the updates came my way and therefore breaking it.

No worries, Guys. Thank you very much All for your inputs and suggestions. I appreciate it.

Have a good day wherever you are,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Jan 29, 2021
  4. YanAndrew Win User

registry editor menu has changed

Registry Editor Missing from Administrative Tools in Start menu

Hi Guys,

I hope I've come to the right place to share this mystery with.

Basically, I just discovered that my Registry Editor is missing from the Administrative Tools in the Start menu as shown in the image below:

registry editor menu has changed [​IMG]

However, when I view Administrative Tools in File Explorer, it's right there in the list as shown here:

registry editor menu has changed [​IMG]

Isn't that a mystery? Does anyone know how I can get the Registry Editor back on the Administrative Tools in my Start menu?

Regards,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

registry editor menu has changed

1. registry editor menu has changed - Similar Threads - registry editor menu

2. Changing userpath in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing userpath in Registry Editor: Getting a new PC and transferring things over was a mess and my Desktop was placed in onedrive. I had to change it, alongside my Pictures, Documents, and Downloads to the correct path C:/Users/Username/ from %USERPROFILE%. I was suspicious when I did this that any pathways to...
  3. Changing userpath in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing userpath in Registry Editor: Getting a new PC and transferring things over was a mess and my Desktop was placed in onedrive. I had to change it, alongside my Pictures, Documents, and Downloads to the correct path C:/Users/Username/ from %USERPROFILE%. I was suspicious when I did this that any pathways to...
  4. Changing userpath in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: Is it a bad policy for anyone to put a screenshot of any part of the Registry Editor here in the Microsoft Community?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editor/0414b1f2-50cf-4d94-9c9f-20665a45b5cb
  6. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Editor: I am trying to turn on my kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection, got to the Registry Editor and do to how sensitive this is I would like to ask if I should make a new FeatureSettings called FeatureSettingsOverride? I was following what it says here...
  7. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: I am trying to turn on my kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection, got to the Registry Editor and do to how sensitive this is I would like to ask if I should make a new FeatureSettings called FeatureSettingsOverride? I was following what it says here...
  8. Registry editors

Registry editors: What is the safest registry editor product for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editors/6183e553-c449-4119-9f14-e55e2eed69d5
  9. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: So I was looking for a way to optimize my pc's gaming performance and I tried optimization tweaks and mistakingly messed wth the registry editor and permissions so if i try to open file explorer or most windows apps like RunTimeBroker it says i either don't have it installed...
  10. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Editor: Hi, everyone. I need your help. Ive deleted something in registry editor then i dont have any backup to restore the messed ive done. I want to ask if i change a new os in my laptop is it possible that my registry will be newly again? Your response is very much...