Windows 10: Registry Editor "Unable to set new owner on [redacted], access is denied"

Discus and support Registry Editor "Unable to set new owner on [redacted], access is denied" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, so I'm trying to change the owner on a certain key in the registry. The owner currently is SYSTEM, and I have only read access. I went into... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Vacho Rehanyan, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Registry Editor "Unable to set new owner on [redacted], access is denied"

Hello, so I'm trying to change the owner on a certain key in the registry. The owner currently is SYSTEM, and I have only read access. I went into Regedit and went into permissions, advanced, change owner, and tried inputting my name, but when I click apply it says it is unable to set new owner, access is denied. I have never seen the registry editor fail to set a new owner. What steps should I take to be able to change the owner? The key is in local machine.

So far I have tried disabling inheritance but that also failed as the regedit gave the same error.

Thanks

:)

Vacho Rehanyan, Oct 4, 2019
  2. YoepC. Win User

"Access is denied" - "Unable to display current owner" C:\

Hi,

I created a problem for myself. I have changed the security settings to access the c:\ drive. I meant to change this for additional users, but changed it for all users.

Now I get this error notification: "Access is denied" - "Unable to display current owner"

How can I fix this.

I had contact with the helpdesk, suggestion was to do a clean install. But my pc is not working with me.

YoepC., Oct 4, 2019
  3. Denied access to a file despite being listed as the owner

I tried to reinstall Origin, and this particular program, and it seems some others on the computer do not allow access at all, either to run or delete. It says access is denied or that permission will be needed. I go into the advanced settings to change
    the owner (as elswhere the troubleshooters suggested) and I see that Administrators is already listed as the owner. It's as though the administrator does not even have access to the file. This appears to apply to the entire folder. How can I change the
    permission to the file(s) so I can delete/reinstall?

joethecounselor, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Registry Editor "Unable to set new owner on [redacted], access is denied"

Help me "Access is denied to own cmd"

Hello!

Today I was trying to replace PowerShell with Command Prompt and I went on the registry and tried to change the owner to me from TrustedInstaler, when I tried it says

Unable to set new owner on cmd

Access is denied

RaiannurRohman, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Registry Editor "Unable to set new owner on [redacted], access is denied"

1. Registry Editor "Unable to set new owner on [redacted], access is denied" - Similar Threads - Registry Editor Unable

2. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry Editor: Is it a bad policy for anyone to put a screenshot of any part of the Registry Editor here in the Microsoft Community?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editor/0414b1f2-50cf-4d94-9c9f-20665a45b5cb
  3. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Editor: I am trying to turn on my kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection, got to the Registry Editor and do to how sensitive this is I would like to ask if I should make a new FeatureSettings called FeatureSettingsOverride? I was following what it says here...
  4. Unable to access removable drives or registry editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access removable drives or registry editor: Hello, I am currently unable to open or make changes to removable drives on my Dell Latitude 5520, and receive the message "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."I have checked for potential...
  5. Unable to access removable drives or registry editor

Unable to access removable drives or registry editor: Hello, I am currently unable to open or make changes to removable drives on my Dell Latitude 5520, and receive the message "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."I have checked for potential...
  6. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: So I was looking for a way to optimize my pc's gaming performance and I tried optimization tweaks and mistakingly messed wth the registry editor and permissions so if i try to open file explorer or most windows apps like RunTimeBroker it says i either don't have it installed...
  7. Unable to set new Owner on OS, Access is denied on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to set new Owner on OS, Access is denied on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If when you attempt to change permissions for files or folders while logged on your Windows 10 computer using an administrator account and you receive […] This article Unable to set new Owner on OS, Access is denied on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  8. "Registry Editor" system default setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Registry Editor" system default setting: I want to know how to restore system default settings of 'Registry Editor'. I just messed up with some of these settings and I don't remember exactly what I changed. So now I want to reset or restore these settings to system default (as it came with the windows) instead reset...
  9. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Editor: Hi, everyone. I need your help. Ive deleted something in registry editor then i dont have any backup to restore the messed ive done. I want to ask if i change a new os in my laptop is it possible that my registry will be newly again? Your response is very much...
  10. set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor

in Windows 10 Support
    set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor: Do you know how to set the AutoPlay defaults with the registry editor? For example, I would prefer the default to be set to "Open a folder to view files (File Explorer) for "Removable Drive" and "Memory Card," but I don't exactly know how to set this in the registry editor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to set new owner

2. unable to set new owner access denied regedit

3. unable to set new owner on file in computer

4. registry unable to set new owner,
  5. unable to set owner on registry key access denied,
  6. unable to set new owner on srtsp64.sys,
  7. regedit access denied unable to set new onwer,
  8. unable to set owner in registry windows 10 access denied,
  9. unable to set new owner on symantec registry keys how to remove