Windows 10: Registry Editor Values are not getting listed

Discus and support Registry Editor Values are not getting listed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I wanted to read the registry values for example VisualFXSetting,But in the registry editor it is not visible image attached for reference.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sridhar Mohan, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Registry Editor Values are not getting listed

Hello,

I wanted to read the registry values for example VisualFXSetting,But in the registry editor it is not visible image attached for reference.

I have to run my read application in both admin and non admin rights Machines,Kindly help me is there any other way to read the registry values.

Regards

M.Sridhar

Registry Editor Values are not getting listed 025cc539-8f4c-4c1b-8d3b-86bc37ad1989?upload=true.png

:)

Sridhar Mohan, Nov 8, 2019

2. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Registry Editor

Kim,

If you call the file SomethingOrOther.reg instead of SomethingOrOther.key then it will do open with RegEdit & write the value in the Registry.

If you really want to do it the hard way, when you see the Open with list [either doing it through
    Properties or just right-clicking on the file & selecting Open with], click on
    More apps and then scroll to be bottom of the list and click on Look for another app on this PC then browse to
    C:\Windows\System32\regedt32.exe and select that.

That will open the file using the Registry Editor but you will need to try it to find out if RegEdit then does what you want it to do. I have never heard of anybody taking this approach so I don't know if RegEdit will handle it in the normal manner. Even
    if RegEdit tries to do what you want it to the results will depend on write permissions already having been set up for that location in the Registry.

Even if the Registry key is created correctly, there is no telling if the Vemar software will handle it correctly. Installation of the Vemar software will have set many more Registry keys than this one and the value of the key might also include reference
    to the current hardware in order to prevent unlicensed distributions.

Denis

Tryx3, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Registry Editor Values are not getting listed

ForcedReboot Registry Key Value

Hi Daniel,

ForcedReboot is one of the subkeys in the registry. Subkeys contain data entries called values. The presence of a value on a key is a form of data that an application requires for it to run. An application opens a key and uses the values associated with
    the key to perform specific functions. A key can have any number of values, and the values can be in any form.

You can visit these links for further information about registry values:

Note: We do not recommend navigating and editing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry. Changing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry might cause serious system issues.

We would like to ask if you are experiencing any issues on your Windows device. Since you are interested on finding what the value of a subkey stands for, we think that you are trying to troubleshoot your computer. If in case you are having any errors or
    issues with your Microsoft products, let us know so that we could assist you further.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Registry Editor Values are not getting listed

1. Registry Editor Values are not getting listed - Similar Threads - Registry Editor Values

2. Registry value is not getting updated for the applied patch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry value is not getting updated for the applied patch: Microsoft SQL Server Obsolete Version: Authenticated vulnerability after the patching. the registry value wasn't changing after applying the MS Patch which is why it was still reflecting in the vulnerability but it should have been when the patch got applied....
  3. Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?: I messed with the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" file and I tried to put it as exefile but that was not the original. The original "Value Data" had some underscores and I cant remember what it was. I can't open any app even snip to show what I mean. It opens then after about a...
  4. Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?: I messed with the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" file and I tried to put it as exefile but that was not the original. The original "Value Data" had some underscores and I cant remember what it was. I can't open any app even snip to show what I mean. It opens then after about a...
  5. Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor: Hello! I'm trying to edit a registry key but it keeps having an error that says: [ATTACH] I tried changing permissions, it now looks like this: [ATTACH] It's still not working. I don't know what else to do. Help! Thanks for the answers!...
  7. Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor: Hello! I'm trying to edit a registry key but it keeps having an error that says: [ATTACH] I tried changing permissions, it now looks like this: [ATTACH] It's still not working. I don't know what else to do. Help! Thanks for the answers!...
  8. Cannot change the start value data in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change the start value data in Registry Editor: So, I bought my pc a few weeks ago and I recently realized windows isn't updating itself. I looked up in services and found "wuauserv" to disabled. I tried to start the Windows Update Service from there but it stops itself after starting. Then, I ran Registry Editor as...
  9. Getting error message "invalid value for registry"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting error message "invalid value for registry": I recently moved to a new PC using Windows 10 PRO. When I try to display a JPG and PNG file a get an error message saying "invalid value for registry" how can I fix this?...
  10. Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor: Hi Guys, I hope I've posted this in the correct channel. Basically, I'm after the default icon's value data for four folders in the registry editor. I stupidly removed them without copying them down whilst customising their icons. For example, Control Panel has the...