Windows 10: Registry Editor

Discus and support Registry Editor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, everyone. I need your help. Ive deleted something in registry editor then i dont have any backup to restore the messed ive done. I want to ask if i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JaysonG143, Sep 7, 2018.

1. JaysonG143 Win User

Registry Editor

Hi, everyone. I need your help. Ive deleted something in registry editor then i dont have any backup to restore the messed ive done. I want to ask if i change a new os in my laptop is it possible that my registry will be newly again?

Your response is very much appreciated.

:)

JaysonG143, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Jefferson Ore Win User

Registry editor

Hi Ruben,

Changes made using the Registry Editor can greatly affect how your system works. Should you wish to undo those changes, we suggest that you restore your system to an earlier state. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

You can also find this
    article
    useful for backing up your files before making changes with your registry.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Scanner1142 Win User
    Registry Editor Freezes !!

I HAD TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL STARTING W/MICSOFT 7 PRO. ALSO HAD TO DO A LOT OF FINGER CROSSING!

AND WHEN IT UPDATES IT WENT TO THE NEW VERSION OF WINDOWS 10. 1511_10586.71 INSTEAD OF THE BUILD 10586.0. 10586.0 WAS THE BUILD THAT HAD THE REGISTRY EDITOR FLAW.

Scanner1142, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Scanner1142 Win User

Registry Editor

Registry Editor Freezes !!

I HAD TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL STARTING W/MICSOFT 7 PRO. ALSO HAD TO DO A LOT OF FINGER CROSSING!

AND WHEN IT UPDATES IT WENT TO THE NEW VERSION OF WINDOWS 10. 1511_10586.71 INSTEAD OF THE BUILD 10586.0. 10586.0 WAS THE BUILD THAT HAD THE REGISTRY EDITOR FLAW.

I have tried everything! I finally got an update to Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 14257.rs1_release. 160131.1800 OS Build 14257.1000

Since installing this Build & Version the Registry works great! This particular build is a hit as far as I can tell. No snags I have came across as of now. I do however wish Windows would let you install what programs you want & be able to uninstall the
    ones you do not want. Same thing goes for Security Updates. I have updates for Microsoft services on my system that I do not even have installed.

Scanner1142, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Registry Editor

1. Registry Editor - Similar Threads - Registry Editor

2. Command Prompt and Registry Editor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command Prompt and Registry Editor: My Windows PC is showing this problem 1. I typed cmd.exe in the cortana search box. 2. Then when I right-clicked the Command Prompt app and selected "Run as Administrator", it is giving that it is not a verified publisher. Also this problem 1. When I try to run Registry...
  3. I don't have anything in my Registry Editor Window Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I don't have anything in my Registry Editor Window Defender: I try to start my Window Defender by going to Registry Editor but I found that I don't have "DisableAntiSpyware. What should I do to fix it? Thank you.[ATTACH]...
  4. set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor

in Windows 10 Support
    set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor: Do you know how to set the AutoPlay defaults with the registry editor? For example, I would prefer the default to be set to "Open a folder to view files (File Explorer) for "Removable Drive" and "Memory Card," but I don't exactly know how to set this in the registry editor...
  5. Has anyone used "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone used "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" on Windows 10?: The latest version of "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" dates from early 2014, and the newest version of Windows mentioned is 8.1. I wonder whether anyone has used it successfully on Windows 10 (presumably for local, non-Microsoft, accounts)? 36100
  6. Strange symbols found in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange symbols found in Registry Editor: I wasn't sure which place to put it in, so I put it in General Support. I was about to find out why my Desktop Wallpaper's not changing - again - and when I went into Reg Edit, I saw this: Does anyone know what this could mean? [img] 99897
  7. Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor: Hi Guys, I hope I've posted this in the correct channel. Basically, I'm after the default icon's value data for four folders in the registry editor. I stupidly removed them without copying them down whilst customising their icons. For example, Control Panel has the...
  8. registry editor is corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    registry editor is corrupt: Hi. I did a restore of my laptop and the registry seems to be corrupt. I am trying to rename my user folder from nadin to sister5091. I followed the directions from this website: How to rename the user profile folder in Windows 10 (C:\Users\Username), I followed the...
  9. Change Font for Registry Editor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Font for Registry Editor in Windows 10: @Brink Thanks, Shawn! That's a good one! Works as advertised. Suggestion-- Add a .reg download to the tut to add the Regedit key and default blank FontFace. It will have no effect until a value is added. Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  10. Turn On or Off Address Bar in Registry Editor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Address Bar in Registry Editor in Windows 10: Cool another new toy, I like it! You always had the address on the bottom(status bar), but could not copy & paste, and had to right click the key, then select "Copy Key Name" before. This will save a few clicks, and is safer, for clumsy mouse users(not meant derogatorily, I...