Windows 10: Registry file missing or contains errors

Discus and support Registry file missing or contains errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Unfortunately hits the keypad of Dell Laptop then it turns to Off. I tried several times to start, Heading with recovery blue screen comes with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yaser Arafath QA, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Registry file missing or contains errors

Unfortunately hits the keypad of Dell Laptop then it turns to Off. I tried several times to start, Heading with recovery blue screen comes with mentioned that

" your pc/ device needs to be repaired."

The Operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors.

File: \\ windows\system32\config\system

Error code: 0Xc00000e9

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media(like a disc or uSB device), Contact your PC Administrator or PC/Device Manufacturer.

Please help me what to do...

This is first time ever i am facing like this problem.

:)

Yaser Arafath QA, Jan 14, 2019

2. System registry file is missing or contains errors.

Hi,

I am also an English speaker so do not hesitate to reply to me in English too.

To summarize, I got this message when booting: "Recovery. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The operating system couldn´t be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors. File:\Windows\system32\configuration\system
    Error code: 0xc00000e9. You´ll need to use recovery tools..." and after numerous problem since cloning my system on an SSD with AHCI mode activated, I do not know anymore what to do?

Reinstalling a clean Windows 10 will be the solution but for the moment, I need to access softwares with specific configuration so I cannot reinstall Win10 yet.

Thank u in advance for your help

raouldarco, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Registry file missing or contains errors

Kernel missing/contains error, error code 0xc0000605

Hello,

after running the chkdsk c: /f and /r command, it said that there was no problem. So I tried to reboot the laptop to see if it worked but now it shows a different error which is winload.exe is missing or contains error with error code 0xc0000225. After searching
    for a solution for that problem, it suggested me to use the bootrec commands but it still gave me access denied after bootrec /fixboot

Did I miss a step or somehow made the problem worse?

That One Bakpao, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Registry file missing or contains errors

1. Registry file missing or contains errors - Similar Threads - Registry file missing

2. Registry files corrupt or missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry files corrupt or missing: Hello,My Windows 10 Desktop doesn't boot up because whenever I turn my computer on, it shows a blue screen with the error code 0xc000014c and claims my registry files are missing or has errors and points to the file Windows\system32\config\system. After a bit of research, I...
  3. HAL.DLL FILE IS MISSING/contains errors IN WINDOWS 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HAL.DLL FILE IS MISSING/contains errors IN WINDOWS 8.1: My laptop won't work because the half.dll file is missing/contains errors. HOW DO I FIX THE FILE!!!?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/haldll-file-is-missingcontains-errors-in-windows/9d2f46c9-37ce-49d8-82a5-3d33b486d445
  4. HAL.DLL FILE IS MISSING/contains errors IN WINDOWS 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HAL.DLL FILE IS MISSING/contains errors IN WINDOWS 8.1: My laptop won't work because the half.dll file is missing/contains errors. HOW DO I FIX THE FILE!!!?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/haldll-file-is-missingcontains-errors-in-windows/9d2f46c9-37ce-49d8-82a5-3d33b486d445
  5. Win10 recovery problem 0xc00000e9 system registry is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 recovery problem 0xc00000e9 system registry is missing or contains errors: Dear Microsoft support,Since last 2 days, my system with WIn10 is not able to start and shows recovery error 0xc00000e9 system registry is missing or contains errors. I tried several times to auto-repair but had no success. Later tried to boot with ISO media, still no...
  6. Win10 recovery problem 0xc00000e9 system registry is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 recovery problem 0xc00000e9 system registry is missing or contains errors: Dear Microsoft support,Since last 2 days, my system with WIn10 is not able to start and shows recovery error 0xc00000e9 system registry is missing or contains errors. I tried several times to auto-repair but had no success. Later tried to boot with ISO media, still no...
  7. Win10 recovery problem 0xc00000e9 system registry is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. BSOD 0xc0000225 - "System registry file is missing or contains errors"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD 0xc0000225 - "System registry file is missing or contains errors": Hi!Yesterday I started my computer, a custom built one Intel i5 , 16GB of RAM, WD SSD and HDDs, nVidia graphics, Gigabyte motherboard with Windows 10 Pro x64 v21H1, and during boot I got the following BSOD:Of course I googled that code, and ran as much commands as I could in...
  9. Kernel missing or contains errors

Kernel missing or contains errors: i have no idea when it comes to computers last time i was on it it said update than shutdown in the place where shut down normally was so i when i wake up i turn the pc on and i get a error code “The operating system couldnt be loaded because the kernal is missing or...
  10. Winlolad.efi missing or contains errors

Winlolad.efi missing or contains errors: I just did a Disk Clone using MiniTool Partition wizard Free 11.6 (Took about 5 1/2 hours) using 2 separate hard drives. When It was done, I tried to boot off of the new Drive and got the following error: "WINLOAD.EFI is missing or contains errors. This is a dual boot system....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to fix The operating system couldnt be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors. on windows 8

2. 0xc000017 registry file missing or containing error

3. system registry file is missing or contains errors