Windows 10: Registry fix to remove Locations Tab

Discus and support Registry fix to remove Locations Tab in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to block access the locations tab on my special folders. Is there a way of doing this apart than downloading a reg file, e.g. some sort of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ben W, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Ben W Win User

Registry fix to remove Locations Tab

I want to block access the locations tab on my special folders.

Is there a way of doing this apart than downloading a reg file, e.g. some sort of specific typed registry edit?

Many thanks.

:)

Ben W, Feb 4, 2021
  2. idgat Win User

Location Tab Missing from Almost All Folders

I assume your referring to the Location tab in the Properties of user folders .... Documents, Desktop, Downloads, Pictures, etc

If the tab is missing, it would suggest you're not looking at/accessing the actual user system folder, but simply folders that have the same name(s).

Do the folder listing(s) in Windows/File Explorer have the user system icon, or are they just plain common everyday folder icons?

Try restoring the icons to their default location C:\Users\username\

Note : "Restoring" doesn't mean simply copy/move > paste. The registry has to be adjusted accordingly. This forum has steps to do just that ...
    Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10

Looking at this part, and having second thooughts ...

Yo don't "create" user system folders, you have to re-locate them from the original system location (as indicated above).

But if you're referring to everyday-usage user-created personal folders ..... they don't have a Location tab.

idgat, Feb 4, 2021
  3. registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Cyndera80 Win User

Cannot move desktop to a new location in Windows 7

I've been trying to move the desktop location on a machine that runs Windows 7.

On my own machine (Windows 10), there's a "Location" tab in the desktop properties.

That tab is missing on the machine that runs Windows 7.

I came across the suggestion below in other threads, but it is not working for me. Any other suggestions on how to change to location or how to get the location tab to show?

Thanks!

1. Open the Registry editor (Regedit.exe)
    2. Browse to the location:

HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > User Shell Folders.
    3. In the right window pane select the required value (i.e. Desktop).
    4. Insert the new location for the folder to be stored.
    5. Close the registry editor and log off

--> Didn't work.

Cyndera80, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Registry fix to remove Locations Tab - Similar Threads - Registry fix remove

2. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab: When I click to downloads it take me to OneDrive folder, instead of download. My Download folder's location changed to OneDrive and I can't change this ,because location tab is not showing....
  3. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab: When I click to downloads it take me to OneDrive folder, instead of download. My Download folder's location changed to OneDrive and I can't change this ,because location tab is not showing....
  4. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. registry location for the .ai icon?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    registry location for the .ai icon?: hello , ive been trying to change the file icons, would any one know where abouts the icon would be located https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-location-for-the-ai-icon/f3d108ae-3f2b-4adc-bfa3-f8d891fb1bc2
  6. fix registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fix registry: i was edited some registry and i accidentally changed the default value of the. exe extinction and now i can not even log to regedit or cmd to fix it ps previous version, system restore and advance reboot sfc scan didn't work thoughts...... submitted by /u/DjoserTheFirst...
  7. Registry location for storing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry location for storing data: I'm creating a new release (version 5) of an application whose registry contents won't be compatible with earlier releases, so I changed my code to write everything under: HKCU\Software\DeepSkyStacker\DeepSkyStacker5 and that is working just fine. However there's a custom...
  8. Location-tab in Properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location-tab in Properties: Hallo! I am using windows10 In all my property-windows I am missing my "Location3-tab. So I can't move certain personal files in a proper way. Can someone help me with this?...
  9. Default Save Location and Location Tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Save Location and Location Tab: Default Save Location allows you to change which drive information is store on. But there is already a Location tab in folder properties to do that. You may need to streamline the default save location so you can do the same thing in Control Panel....
  10. Location tab does not appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Location tab does not appear: Hello everyone, On some folders the Location tab does not appear. I try to change the location of onedrive folder tab but the location is not displayed. Do you know why ? 30610