Windows 10: Registry folder removed after reboot

Discus and support Registry folder removed after reboot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am using Windows 10 and I have the problem that a specific directory inside my registry disappears after reboot. I am currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexanderLange2, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Registry folder removed after reboot

Hi everyone,

I am using Windows 10 and I have the problem that a specific directory inside my registry disappears after reboot.

I am currently playing a game Starsector that uses the registry to store my serial key and all options I change inside the game. All those information are stored inside the registry folder: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\com\fs\starfarer

However, every time I reboot my machine everything beneath Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\ disappears and I have to do the activation and option changes of the game again.

The problem does not seem to be the game itself since noone else ever experienced the issue and the game is quite old already.

I am not really familiar with the registry, what could be the reason that a certain directory is emptied each time I reboot?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,

Alex

:)

AlexanderLange2, Mar 2, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Mar 2, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    3DMARK05 no install (remove previous version)

Ok well I found the culprit...It was an add remove folder in the registry , I had deleted the entry for 3dmark05 but didn't delete the folder because it had some funky number name , but once I deleted that folder that was responsible for the add remove entry I was GOLDEN *Toast :toast: ..thanks for all the suggestions*Toast :toast: *Toast :toast: *Toast :toast: I now have it installed again !!!*Smile Registry folder removed after reboot :)

DRDNA, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Registry folder removed after reboot

Need oblivion registry and a couple other things...

Solaris, try this out:

(Make sure you are installing it on an Administrator account, not local user)

1.) Copy any saved games that you want to keep to a new folder (create a new folder and copy or move C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves folder into it using Explorer)

2.) Copy and save any Mods that you want to keep (Or as a better alternative redownload the mods that you want to install - this will ensure that you get clean installs of them also including any updates since the last install)

3.) Set a system restore Point - To do this: Go to START - Help and support - Under "Pick a Task", select "Undo changes to your computer with SYSTEM RESTORE", then check create a restore point and follow the steps. (this is just in case something goes wrong you can restore your system to this point - should not be needed but better safe than sorry)

** Note for steps 4 through 9 if the file or folder is not there skip to the next step **

4.) Go to Add/remove programs and uninstall Oblivion (If it shows on the list). If the add/remove procedure results in an error - skip to the next step and continue as it will still remove the game with the remaining steps.

5.) After or If the uninstall finishes go to Start - Run - type regedit - hit Enter - click on the + sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, click on the + sign next to SOFTWARE, click on the + sign next to BETHESDA SOFTWORKS, right click on Oblivion (if it is still there) and then delete.

6.)Now still in Regedit find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{35CB6715-41F8-4F99-8881-6FC75BF054B0} and delete it the same way you deleted oblivion in the last step.(If it is still there - this is the uninstall key for add\remove programs)

7.)close regedit.

8.)Go into explorer find the C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder (if it is still there) and delete it.

9.)find the folder C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Games\Oblivion (Substitute your username for USERNAME) and delete it (Again if it is still there)

By doing this it will delete all traces of the game from your computer .

If deleting the stuff from the registry doesn't work or you're still getting uninstallation errors, one way to get around it is to go into Safe Mode and run the setup.exe file from the disc. That was the only way I could install this game onto my old P4....

Do post if you need more help (I'm an avid Oblivion-er!) *Big Grin Registry folder removed after reboot :D

This is how it all appears in my reg, but I don't know if it's this that you're asking for?

Black Panther, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Registry folder removed after reboot

1. Registry folder removed after reboot - Similar Threads - Registry folder removed

2. wuauserv registry is being removed after rebooting my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wuauserv registry is being removed after rebooting my pc: I can't run Windows Update because the wuauserv registry is missing. I downloaded wuauserv.reg from Google Chrome and merged it and rebooted, but It's been removed automatically by malware attacks. Anyone can give me instructions about how to remove those malware? Thanks....
  3. wuauserv registry is being removed after rebooting my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wuauserv registry is being removed after rebooting my pc: I can't run Windows Update because the wuauserv registry is missing. I downloaded wuauserv.reg from Google Chrome and merged it and rebooted, but It's been removed automatically by malware attacks. Anyone can give me instructions about how to remove those malware? Thanks....
  4. registry editor key still showing after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    registry editor key still showing after reboot: When I deleted the don't load key in registry editor I restarted my PC after that I went to registry editor again and that don't load key still showed....
  5. registry editor key still showing after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    registry editor key still showing after reboot: When I deleted the don't load key in registry editor I restarted my PC after that I went to registry editor again and that don't load key still showed....
  6. registry editor key still showing after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Registry Resets values after reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry Resets values after reboot.: So I've had this issue the entire time that I've had this computer. The first issue was that my speakers would make a loud pop before audio and a loud pop after audio. And to fix it what I did was go into system registry, go to...
  8. DisableAntiSpyware is removed after a reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DisableAntiSpyware is removed after a reboot: So I put DisableAntiSpyware (DWORD) on value 1 in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender and after the reboot, it disappears. Tamper protection is also off and the Windows 10 OS Build is 18363.778 submitted by /u/Armyw0w [link] [comments]...
  9. changes to registry revert after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    changes to registry revert after reboot: I need to make changes in HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\. I am able to do that with Regedit or with importing a .reg file. The change is made. I reboot, and the Registry key is back to what it was before the change. I have changed the ownership of the key to myself....
  10. Registry Settings Revert after Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Settings Revert after Reboot: Because the advanced appearance settings in win10 were omitted I manually tweaked the registry. After log off or reboot they (the registry) assume the default state. Now I'm pretty desperate and in fragile mental condition. But I'm here now and know that You'll came up with a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. registry files are deleted on reboot