Windows 10: Registry help - remove sub key

Discus and support Registry help - remove sub key in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I am looking for help with proper syntax in editing a saved .reg file. (Windows10x64) I know that by placing a "-" in front of a key deletes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bandit012345, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Registry help - remove sub key

Hello.

I am looking for help with proper syntax in editing a saved .reg file.

(Windows10x64)

I know that by placing a "-" in front of a key deletes the entire key, but what syntax is used to delete a specific part of a sub key only?
    ...being the ".jpg"="PBrush" part.

Here is the .reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint\Capabilities\FileAssociat ions]
    ".avci"="PBrush"
    ".avif"="PBrush"
    ".bmp"="PBrush"
    ".dib"="PBrush"
    ".emf"="emffile"
    ".gif"="PBrush"
    ".heic"="PBrush"
    ".heif"="PBrush"
    ".ico"="PBrush"
    ".jfif"="PBrush"
    ".jpe"="PBrush"
    ".jpeg"="PBrush"
    ".jpg"="PBrush"
    ".png"="PBrush"
    ".rle"="rlefile"
    ".tif"="PBrush"
    ".tiff"="PBrush"
    ".webp"="PBrush"
    ".wmf"="wmffile"

:)

Bandit012345, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Darkfalz Win User

Can NOT remove ATITool registry key!

It's low priority to stop ATITool from making undeletable class keys in the reigstry?

That's about one rung above spyware.

What bothers me most is that I'm pretty sure you can't protect a registry key by any simple means, something must still be running somewhat that is protecting that key. Even after I manually removed the service. That's what bothers me.

Darkfalz, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Error Removing Registry Key?

If it is not causing you any issues i would suggest for you you not alter the Registry.

Altering the Registry in any form of way may cause your Operating System to stop responding and or functioning.

Frank N St31n, Mar 13, 2020
  4. asyntax Win User

Registry help - remove sub key

ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Registry help - remove sub key

1. Registry help - remove sub key - Similar Threads - Registry help remove

2. how to get list of sub registry keys in vba?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get list of sub registry keys in vba?: how to get list of sub registry keys in vba? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-list-of-sub-registry-keys-in-vba/5b0fed7f-74e2-4f82-891d-feb9227d3409
  3. how to get list of sub registry keys in vba?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get list of sub registry keys in vba?: how to get list of sub registry keys in vba? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-list-of-sub-registry-keys-in-vba/5b0fed7f-74e2-4f82-891d-feb9227d3409
  4. Help with malware registry key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with malware registry key: There is a registry key called "DrearyCoroEconomics" which I am 99% sure is malware as I am told by my antivirus, and so far I have been able to disable the service, but it refuses to let me take over authority of the registry key and will not let me delete it or any subkeys....
  5. Help with malware registry key

Help with malware registry key: There is a registry key called "DrearyCoroEconomics" which I am 99% sure is malware as I am told by my antivirus, and so far I have been able to disable the service, but it refuses to let me take over authority of the registry key and will not let me delete it or any subkeys....
  6. version 22H2 removed registry keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    version 22H2 removed registry keys: Tons of registry keys I used to use for modifying windows are now completely missing as off version 22H2. In fact, huge swaths of the registry are just gone. I even tried adding the keys back manually, but they dont work. One of the biggest ones that was taken out is the...
  7. version 22H2 removed registry keys

version 22H2 removed registry keys: Tons of registry keys I used to use for modifying windows are now completely missing as off version 22H2. In fact, huge swaths of the registry are just gone. I even tried adding the keys back manually, but they dont work. One of the biggest ones that was taken out is the...
  8. Remove Registry Key

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Registry Key: Hello all *Smile not sure where to put this one. After a CU, maybe 2 back, CCleaner found this duplicate registry key and I can`t seem to delete it. I uninstalled the CU and the Registry key disappeared, but after installing the CU again, it reappeared. I have never had an...
  9. Help with command folder with key name in registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with command folder with key name in registry: Hi All, I have been annoyed with an entry "Backup using FileFort Backup" on the File Folders right click drop down menu, I would think left when evaluating different backup apps. I searched the registry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ and found the key name entry folder, there is a...
  10. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822