Windows 10: registry issues? not sure

Discus and support registry issues? not sure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ok so I have a brother who sent me this email and is looking for answers. ANY help would be appreciated! I am using Windows 10. I went to registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Starrrin7, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Starrrin7 Win User

registry issues? not sure

ok so I have a brother who sent me this email and is looking for answers. ANY help would be appreciated!

I am using Windows 10. I went to registry key: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

I changed the HideIcons value from 0 to 1 and it got rid of everything on my desktop including my recycle bin. I tried to restore everything by changing the key value back to 0 but it won't reverse what I did. My recycle bin is still gone and even if I go to my desktop folder and put something in it, it still doesn't show up on my desktop. Also when I change the key value to 0 and close out of the registry, when I come back in the key value is a 1 again. How can I restore my desktop?

If anyone has the answer to this issue, I have to play middle man to help him, anything would be useful. Thanks...

Starr

:)

Starrrin7, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Mar 14, 2019
  4. registry issues? not sure

registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

registry issues? not sure

1. registry issues? not sure - Similar Threads - registry issues sure

2. REGISTRY ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REGISTRY ISSUE: I recently made changes to my registry specifically I changed which drive downloads are saved , upon doing that I lost all my admin rights to the pc I'm unable to run most the windows apps including the registry ,I cant even reset it any help please...
  3. REGISTRY ISSUE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REGISTRY ISSUE: I recently made changes to my registry specifically I changed which drive downloads are saved , upon doing that I lost all my admin rights to the pc I'm unable to run most the windows apps including the registry ,I cant even reset it any help please...
  4. fix broken registry issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fix broken registry issues: My internet security provider seems very good at identify problems only as an excuse to get you to pay for or subscribe to yet another service. Almost seems like a cyber protection racket. Anyway, this morning my well known internet security provider popped a message up...
  5. Multiple issues not sure where to start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple issues not sure where to start: So my first issue is every time I turn my computer on it says admin password incorrect prior to me even typing anything in. My bamboo pen that i bought with the computer was working fine until one day it wasnt. It doesnt even register when i attempt to use it. yes i changed...
  6. Recurring Registry issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Recurring Registry issue: I use Cclean to regularly clean up my system, including removing broken links (registry items with no match in the designated location in the file system) in the registry. For some time now on a registry scan, I have been getting the following issue reported, which I...
  7. Constant registry issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant registry issue: LocalServer32\C:\Windows\sysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier Registry key is a weird Hash after HKCR\CLSID The problem says ActiveX/COM Issue Can anyone identify what this is/means? Everytime I solve the issues in CCleaner it comes up in the...
  8. Registry issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Registry issue: So i have a nvme ssd, and i originally had a hard drive in my pc that i used so all of my info was there. i was stupid and copied everything from the hard drive to the ssd and when i tried running off just the ssd for a week or two, when i went to update some programs i kept...
  9. Not sure if this is Windows issue or Syncback

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Not sure if this is Windows issue or Syncback: I have posted my issue at another forum on Sunday. no response. But I wanted to know if maybe this is a Windows thing? System is a Windows 10 build 20H2, A/V is Norton ISE. When I try scheduling a schedule for the program profile and click save, Windows throws up a...
  10. Registry Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Issues: I have found a registry issue hkey_local_machine local\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\app paths\machinfo.exe when scanned through systimizer. It still occurs after fixing through systimizer when scan again. What should I Do? Is it a threat?...