Windows 10: registry issues? not sure

Discus and support registry issues? not sure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ok so I have a brother who sent me this email and is looking for answers. ANY help would be appreciated! I am using Windows 10. I went to registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Starrrin7, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Starrrin7 Win User

registry issues? not sure

ok so I have a brother who sent me this email and is looking for answers. ANY help would be appreciated!

I am using Windows 10. I went to registry key: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

I changed the HideIcons value from 0 to 1 and it got rid of everything on my desktop including my recycle bin. I tried to restore everything by changing the key value back to 0 but it won't reverse what I did. My recycle bin is still gone and even if I go to my desktop folder and put something in it, it still doesn't show up on my desktop. Also when I change the key value to 0 and close out of the registry, when I come back in the key value is a 1 again. How can I restore my desktop?

If anyone has the answer to this issue, I have to play middle man to help him, anything would be useful. Thanks...

Starr

:)

Starrrin7, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Mar 14, 2019
  4. registry issues? not sure

registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

registry issues? not sure

1. registry issues? not sure - Similar Threads - registry issues sure

2. how to know for sure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to know for sure?: my computer is fully compatible for windows 10? here my current spec Motherboard: Asus TUF SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0 CPU: FX 8350 4.0Ghz RAM: Patriot - Viper 3 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 GAMING X 4GB Video Card CPU Cooling:be quiet! Dark Rock TF CPU...
  3. broken registry issues in windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    broken registry issues in windows 10.: What are broken registry issues? How to fix broken registry issues in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-registry-issues-in-windows-10/49ec923f-0691-4474-8f92-16c5c529537a
  4. Not sure what is wrong

Not sure what is wrong: Not entirely sure what is wrong with my computer lately, I just know that for the past 5 days now I have been trying to get it to work. Some of my games on Steam will not work, even though I have my GPU and windows updated. They start for a few seconds and then closes before...
  5. not sure what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not sure what this is?: versionCode:3068 versionName:1.7.0 sharedUserLabel:0 device id:F22FA39196261E59ACAB77F109943367470539AE22B3598FA419E1045161D907 packageName:com.audible.application sharedUserId:null RELEASE:4.4.4 SDK:19 BOARD: MSM8926 BRAND:Verizon DEVICE:matisseltevzw...
  6. Issue with ntoskrnl.exe (registry)

Issue with ntoskrnl.exe (registry): Recently used sanitycheck to scan for irregularities and there was a reported issue with ntoskrnl.exe The process registry does not have any product, company or description information. Information about the responsible process registry: file path: registry This file is...
  7. 0x0000007E Registry issue?????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    0x0000007E Registry issue?????: when I star my computer and say load up a game it crashes saying system threade exception not handled but after restart the pc is fine until it is shut down then turned on again. looking into this I have found out that I have a 0x0000007e bsod but cant fix it any help on how...
  8. Not sure about credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not sure about credentials: I went poking around my Win10 system and I came to the credentials. Strange though I have never seen the ones under Windows Credentials > Generic Credentials (see pic) [img] Wondering if these are normal or is these something I should remove? 109500
  9. Flash Player issues via Edge (Registry?)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash Player issues via Edge (Registry?): So last night I downloaded and used the 'Tweaking.com' Windows 10 software to see whether or not there were any issues with my registry, selected all options for repair and off it went. Today sees me not being able to watch any video that uses Flashplayer, but only if I...
  10. Some kind of admin rights issue. Not sure

in Windows 10 Support
    Some kind of admin rights issue. Not sure: Hi guys, I have this annoyance which I cannot solve by myself so please bear with me while sugesting some solutions *Smile Asking this because not quite sure which is the affected folder or how it's affected as a matter of fact. It’s about a win 10 I just installed...