Windows 10: Registry key for BIOS Mode value in System Summary?

Discus and support Registry key for BIOS Mode value in System Summary? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Looking at System Information there is a value "BIOS Mode" under System Summary which will be either UEFI or Legacy. What is the key in the Registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by B13Armand, Jan 9, 2019.

1. B13Armand Win User

Registry key for BIOS Mode value in System Summary?

Looking at System Information there is a value "BIOS Mode" under System Summary which will be either UEFI or Legacy. What is the key in the Registry that holds this information?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

:)

B13Armand, Jan 9, 2019

2. ForcedReboot Registry Key Value

Hi Daniel,

ForcedReboot is one of the subkeys in the registry. Subkeys contain data entries called values. The presence of a value on a key is a form of data that an application requires for it to run. An application opens a key and uses the values associated with
    the key to perform specific functions. A key can have any number of values, and the values can be in any form.

You can visit these links for further information about registry values:

Note: We do not recommend navigating and editing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry. Changing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry might cause serious system issues.

We would like to ask if you are experiencing any issues on your Windows device. Since you are interested on finding what the value of a subkey stands for, we think that you are trying to troubleshoot your computer. If in case you are having any errors or
    issues with your Microsoft products, let us know so that we could assist you further.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 9, 2019
  3. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Registry key for BIOS Mode value in System Summary?

ForcedReboot Registry Key Value

We appreciate that you provided a clarification on your concern. Upon researching on this, we identified that the number on the Value stands for how the subkey behaves. If the Value is 0, it means that the subkey is disabled. And if the Value is not 0, then
    it means that the subkey is enabled. You can visit this link for your reference.

Note: We do not recommend navigating and editing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry. Changing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry might cause serious system issues.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Registry key for BIOS Mode value in System Summary?

1. Registry key for BIOS Mode value in System Summary? - Similar Threads - Registry key BIOS

2. Undoing registry values

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undoing registry values: I don't know what I've changed ik i should have created a restore point first so I'm wondering if I can just skip the restore step and go to the sfc /scannow part which I've seen listed as plan b. Basically wondering if I can just skip to step 2 as step 1 cannot be done ever....
  3. Hot key mode in bios system configuation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hot key mode in bios system configuation: Trying to unlock function keys. Told to go to hot key mode in bios system configuration. No such line item Where is now location for hot key mode? Windows 10...
  4. invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    invalid value for registry: I can't open videos or photos, I've check solutions to this problem but none worked. [ATTACH] one of the websites that I've checked said that I should have Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe. registry but when I checked it in registry editor I didn't see any....
  5. reg save -> ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value Registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reg save -> ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value Registry: I would like to save/backup all registry entries that accumulate over a while in a certain part of the registry. Ultimately, I would to have that done more or less automatically with a batch file triggered by the Task Scheduler So far I have tried in the command window which...
  6. What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the...: Good day, What does this mean? In my laptop (Windows 10 64 bit Home) In Registry Editor. HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Shell Folders. It is a key that is called !Do not use this registry key. Entered value: Use the...
  7. Thinkcentre bios 'system summary' access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thinkcentre bios 'system summary' access: Hi, I have an old Thinkcentre S51 that I would like to access the bios 'system summary' on. I can access most of the bios, but when I try to make changes to this summary it says that I should either consult my administrator or other parts of the setup. Does anyone have any...
  8. Change registry value in dynamically created registry key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change registry value in dynamically created registry key: Hello, I need find a way to disable the onboard microphone on a number of Windows 10 laptops I am imaging via SCCM OSD. After a lot of research it seems the best way to do this is by changing a registry value that controls whether the mic is enabled or disabled. I've...
  9. Invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid value for registry: Whenever I try to open any mp4 file on my Dell Precision 7510, it gives me an error saying Invalid value for registry. However, when I try to open said files with VLC media player instead of Movies & TV, it runs just fine. Bear in mind that the laptop I am using is issued by...
  10. Invalid value for registry.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid value for registry.: Hi, I would like to know if there is a possible way to disable the Windows auto update function indefinitely. Eventough I keep disabling them in the Windows Update Settings, somehow the computer end up updating windows again which results being a problem. I am a Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. regedit ufei value start

2. system sumary bios mode

3. registry bios mode